[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

Wow this mod is amazing. :D

I hate to ask though, at some point would you consider adding a more ummm well no person involved at all like EVA, where the whole screen is screens or something that looks good and feels like robot sight?

For mod parts that dont have kerbal control reasonably? (Thinking the AI core in intersteller personaly)

Hi, the mod looks awesome, exactly what i would look for my drone control center.

However if you could add a small texture fix for the camera part. It would be great if you could somehow put a red dot on where the TOP of the camera is (since it is round it is very hard to tell), and given i use the cameras a lot on my rovers, they always look either rotated by 90 or upside down.

Suggestion 1 add red dot on where the top of camera is... or

Suggestion 2 add the ability to rotate the view of the camera clockwise or counter clockwise by pressing some of the MFD buttons.

(if it exists, sorry did not found it but please let me know)

Otherwise this mod is awesome.

Given i play a lot with heavily modded KSP (Remote Tech, TAC Life support, KSP Interstellar), and the fact i play campaing, i rely heavily on the drones for initial science and recon, and in that case this mod in priceless ;-)

Keep up the good work.

GrunfWorks space agency, thanks you ;-)

So Ummm, I am trying to use this mod to get a IVA camrea where the first kerbal is when the IVA is used for a maned craft, is this posible or not? Sorry.

Not sure what you are asking so are you looking for this mod ? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67695-WIP-Through-the-Eyes-of-a-Kerbal-0-0-2c-2-16-14-1st-person-EVA%28Now-toggleable%21%29 and if you are asking if you can use this mod with a kerbal in craft pretty sure you can.

Edited by Mecripp2

No, what I am asking is if there is a way so that when there is a kerbal NOT in the craft, when it is functioning as a drone.

The camera position is the same as the kerbals camera.

I have tried using the seat transform, as the transform name, but that through the part.

I just tried this awsome mod, but it seems to not want to let me click anything in the iva view.

I am using the toolbar and the rasterPropMonitor mod. I also tried on a clean install, and was still unable to click with anything shown.

Raster allows me to click on the mfds when in piloted command pods, which leads me to believe that the problem has to be on your end.

If you need any more info, please ask, as I really want to be able to use this mod.

This is turning into a simply amazing mod. The only thing i can think of adding at this point is some very simple baked lighting into the textures of the control room, and maybe a Kerbal-tech head positioned in front of the other two stations.

Yeah, my first thought on that image is "That would look amazing with proper lighting!"

I'd love to help, but lighting isn't really my strong suit.

Yeah, I've never done lighting and at the moment it's just 6 point lights near the ceiling. I could use some tips/links to point me in the right directions.

Yeah, I've never done lighting and at the moment it's just 6 point lights near the ceiling. I could use some tips/links to point me in the right directions.

You can make (paint in the texture) some fake shadows, highlights and ambient occlusion . Also, try to tune lights range and color.

Managed to get all monitors to work, now some final location fine tunning and then it's on to configuring the menus.

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r716/albertvdsluis/screenshot36_zps450efe98.png

Yes, this is indeed amazing. To be honest, I wasn't sure you'd be able to pull it off. Thanks for proving me wrong!

^Thanks! :)

Just sent a beta version to Tabakhase, so it's possible that he will release an other public testing version soon.

List of changes:

Flags change to the vehicles mission flag.

Used Hyomoto's MFD as a base for the monitors, changed the side overlay to a centered selection menu.

The map monitor can zoom in and out, change sat mode, change color and show/hide orbit trails.

Camera monitors cycles through camera list, with docking cam at the end and zoom buttons.

screenshot38_zps0ccf2fa8.png

Hey,

Wanted to say, good job on the mod, but I was coming across an interesting problem.

When I EVA a Kerbal, then re-enter a command module on a craft with a probe attached, there seems to be a minor game freeze (maybe 2-4 seconds) before the kerbal enters the EVA. The big problem occurs if I have multiple probes on a ship and I EVA and then re-enter (think space station with docked unmanned parts and Jeb goes for a spacewalk and re-enters), there seems to impart some sort of "phantom" forces on the spacecraft that tears it apart. I duplicated with a clean install with just this mod. There is no problem if it is just an unmanned probe by itself (no EVA possible, mod works as intended) or if I'm using manned craft with no probe attached (No hang time and no ship tearing itself apart). I've tried the EVA routine with probes without this mod and everything is fine. I didn't see any threads of this occurring with anyone else, so I'm not sure if I'm just really unlucky =( The Mission Control room looks like it's coming along nicely from the pics, and I'm looking forward to using the mod without my problem. I'll keep trying to figure out what the issue might be, but I'm not sure where to begin. Could the problem be in the ../GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/ProbeControlRoom_SpaceMini folder?

Hey,

Wanted to say, good job on the mod, but I was coming across an interesting problem.

When I EVA a Kerbal, then re-enter a command module on a craft with a probe attached, there seems to be a minor game freeze (maybe 2-4 seconds) before the kerbal enters the EVA. The big problem occurs if I have multiple probes on a ship and I EVA and then re-enter (think space station with docked unmanned parts and Jeb goes for a spacewalk and re-enters), there seems to impart some sort of "phantom" forces on the spacecraft that tears it apart. I duplicated with a clean install with just this mod. There is no problem if it is just an unmanned probe by itself (no EVA possible, mod works as intended) or if I'm using manned craft with no probe attached (No hang time and no ship tearing itself apart). I've tried the EVA routine with probes without this mod and everything is fine. I didn't see any threads of this occurring with anyone else, so I'm not sure if I'm just really unlucky =( The Mission Control room looks like it's coming along nicely from the pics, and I'm looking forward to using the mod without my problem. I'll keep trying to figure out what the issue might be, but I'm not sure where to begin. Could the problem be in the ../GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/ProbeControlRoom_SpaceMini folder?

I too had this problem with the mod. I stopped using the mod due to the bug. The explosions on whenever a Kerbal entered a vehicle with a probe stopped when I uninstalled the mod :(

I have had that problem 2 but didn't think of this mod as the problem, I use RT2 so having a probe core on everything is a must and have found when putting the probe core on top of the ASET ALCOR pod and eva out and back in the ship blows apart so to try and work around it, I edited the parts to give the probe core to all command pods and that fix the problem so far as a delay there are alot of mods that are adding thing when we eva in and out like KerbalJointReinforcement when you eva in top right you see some text pop up saying it stabilize, not to defend this mod but just think there are to many things that do this like KAS also is know for it and taking out any 1 fixes it.

@LomasAtorian: It's a problem with the internal space(control room model) in the alpha, I tried it with the alpha version and my station exploded too(Hooray for quick save).

Tested a few times with the new mission control, sent a kerbal in and out of the space station, and it didn't explode.

So you can conclude that the next version doesn't have this issue. :D

@MeCripp: Yea I had a lot of mods too so I tried troubleshooting using a clean install. The hang was not as noticeable with just Probe Control Room (PCR), but slightly there. I might look into your fix, thanks for the idea as I really want the whole "super-Kerbal" mode. Makes it really interesting to wonder why you're tumbling instead of seeing it via 3rd person view that your staging didn't occur optimally.

@ Albert VDS: Great to hear that the next version addresses this. I must say it looks real nice. I noticed the PCR Mission Control room is headed towards utilizing Hyomoto's mod of RPM, will his mod be optional or could we still use base rpm? Thanks for all the work your contributing to make this mod, and thanks out to Tabakhase for making the mod. (I hope I spelled his name right)

This is a great plugin. I had everything working correctly. I upgraded ALCOR (0.75), RPM (0.14), and ModuleManager (1.5.6) plugins. Now none of the monitors appear. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ProbeControlRoom without success. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.