[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

I love the new Control Room, really great job. I like the coffee cup foam as well!

the room seemsa touch dark, and I could get behind having the wall monitors be used for other things (maybe with the controls being a remote control on the top of the desk) but that is not a big issue for me. I thinking Vessel Viewer would be very useful to add in and it isn't too hard, I have a Module Manager cfg I wrote up for Hyomoto displays to add it in.

Ha! I found a temporary workaround to increase the lighting. It appears that KSP / Unitity allow external light, for example from sol, to shine into the IVA space. Add some very small lights to the side of your command module pointing into the part. When the external lights are turned on the light from your small lights will shine into the command room. I placed very small spots on 90 degrees from center (left side).

• 2 weeks later...

Could I ask in your Zip to put the bits for installation into the `gamedata` folder (as you already have) but the rest to be in a folder called something like `other stuff` or `source and docs`?

I just downloaded the zip and got a big load of files in root and the readme was in a format my computer did not know about (can I ask the readme be a .txt file?)

I figured out to only put the gamedata folder into my KSP installation but it was not clear.

I am assuming that the RPM and toolbar integration will happen or not based on my other mods.

This mod looks great and I hope it works like it looks because if it does it will be another of my `can`t do without` mods.

Could I ask in your Zip to put the bits for installation into the `gamedata` folder (as you already have) but the rest to be in a folder called something like `other stuff` or `source and docs`?

I just downloaded the zip and got a big load of files in root and the readme was in a format my computer did not know about (can I ask the readme be a .txt file?)

I figured out to only put the gamedata folder into my KSP installation but it was not clear.

I am assuming that the RPM and toolbar integration will happen or not based on my other mods.

This mod looks great and I hope it works like it looks because if it does it will be another of my `can`t do without` mods.

Here is a test 1 that looks like the post, I put on 133 http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-alpha2-IVA-All-the-things%21-Toolbar-Screens?p=1037800&viewfull=1#post1037800 and the doc you are talking about might be the source code.

Here is a test 1 that looks like the post, I put on 133 http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-alpha2-IVA-All-the-things%21-Toolbar-Screens?p=1037800&viewfull=1#post1037800 and the doc you are talking about might be the source code.

I`m not quite sure I understand what you mean. I was asking for everything not in the `gamedata` folder (in the zip) to put into its own folder, possibly called `source`. Also for the readme to be a .txt file instead of a .md

I managed to install the Mod and it looks great and seems to work fine so far. I mention the folders in the zip because some people may install the mod incorrectly

Are you planning for a "cockpit" style IVA or a "mission control" style? If cockpit, why not just use the mk2 or which ever one has that completely enclosed cockpit that doesn't fit the external appearance?

Look at this post http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-alpha2-IVA-All-the-things%21-Toolbar-Screens?p=1037800&viewfull=1#post1037800 also as a download looks like mission control and on page 12 or 13 there 2 ways you can set the RPM's.

Great mod. I'll be watching this for a more completed version. Here are a few issues I notice with the latest version:

- Orbit Assist screen (under flight controls) is difficult to read. For some reason the orbital path graphics are too small and sometimes drawn over the informational text. The regular RPM version of this screen looks fine.

- The resource screen incorrectly displays the remaining fuel percentage under monopropellant.

- Add me to the list of people who think it's too dark, especially on the closer desktop monitors. Maybe just brightening the monitors (as opposed to adding light to the room) would work.

This is a great mod, I captured an asteroid the other day with it.

I have just tried the ALCOR pod and I have found the IVA screens it uses to be very good and much more responsive than any other screens I have used so far, especially the stock RPM ones.

Have you considered using it as the base for your control room? I feel it would improve it greatly. It has many controls that are needed.

It would also be nice to be able to set the main large screen to a camera instead of just scansat tho. Often I am not going round a planet and it is showing stuff that isn`t relevent.

I'm having an issue with this mod.

I've installed the latest version of control room, and the latest version of RPM and Module Manager.

For some reason my control room doesn't have any screens. Only a nav ball and a bunch of lights (gear, RCS, SAS, etc.).

Other cockpits work fine with RPM. Any suggestions?

Found if your using OrbitalDebris recompile MJ for RPM .dll they won't work.

I use the latest MJ dev build (240) along with OrbitalDebris' corresponding recompile of RPM and MechJeb2RPM, and ProbeControlRoom works perfectly fine for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to have both the Launch/Flight Control Center and the Rover Control Center as separate things? Maybe you could use the Flight Center until you detach the rover on the surface or drop it (from skycrane style landing), and then you switch over to Rover Control. Possibly through adding a small part onto the rover that distinguishes it code-wise?(i'm not a programmer idk...) This is awesome though, I'm definitely using this in my videos.

****This is still ongoing dev-wise right? It isn't dead? (Last update in Feb.) Because it's freaking amazing.****

What do you mean with Launch/Flight Control Center and Rover Control Center.

If you downloaded this archive then you've got the latest version with the actual mission control: http://www./download/6695wrrnhk6bcu2/ProbeControlRoom-Public-Beta.zip

The other control center, as shown in the first post, was a place holder.

I'm still working on this, just need to free some time for it.

New version is on it's way with added functionality for the wall monitors and other fixes.

right...i'm saying keep both. use the plakmceholder one for rovers and mission control for unmanned probe/satellite launches

The problem is that the placeholder has a bug in it that causes crafts to disassemble in certain sittuations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.