Chinese LongMarch 3B mod v1.0

simonArtisan

tyLtnYn.jpg

Chinese LongMarch 3B

This pack contains a replica of the famous Chinese launching vehicle Long March 3B(or Changzheng 3B,CZ-3B),with all possible realistic actions and most details of a real rocket!Now supports KSP 0.23 version.

Download link:

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221180-chinese-long-march-3b-mod-v1-0

HoneyFox made RF+RSS+EI config for this mod,and here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v59df79zow0gsge/CZ-3%20RF.cfg

All parts contained are listed below:

CZ-3B 1st Stage Fuel Tank(with top decoupler)

CZ-3B 2nd Stage Fuel Tank(with top decoupler)

CZ-3B 3rd Stage Fuel Tank

CZ-3B Booster Fuel Tank(with radial decoupler)

DaFY6-2 Engine(1st stage engine)

YF20 Engine(2nd stage main engine)

YF21 Floating Engine(2nd stage vector engine)

YF75 Engine(3rd stage engine)

YF25 Engine(booster engine)

CZ-3B Instrument Bay(SAS stablizer)

CZ-3B Payload Decoupler(probe decoupler)

CZ-3B Top Fairing

CZ-3B Top Fairing(with Flag)

As the staging of Long March 3B seems a little too complex,we’ve packed a pre-assembled craft file together with all parts in the release pack,as a sample of assembly and launching actions.

QWMcvRe.jpg

Screenshots:

ztMs2io.jpgv1InHhq.jpgNyWnJ8B.jpg5kTo7jY.jpgFv0zNQ4.jpgMuuiuRM.jpgNy5vPFS.jpgndM7aZG.jpg

RgtjVfV.jpgzl7ivCi.jpgAWDvm3n.jpgAkwvgq4.jpg

Thanks to all who helped develop this mod.Hope you guys like this mod and enjoy a good launching!

License:CC-BY-SA 3.0(http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:CC)

Edited by simonArtisan
update link form spaceport to curse

That's great. :) Could you also make some additional upper stages and perhaps a shorter version of the second stage? The basic design of Long March 3B has also been used for nearly all Chinese rockets currently in use, the only difference being the upper stage (three choices, two hydrolox and one hypergolic) and the second stage (the only difference seems to be tank size). You'll only have to make five parts, besides fairings. Two engines and three fuel tanks.

Here's a nice overview of the LM variants:

http://andegraf.com/rockets/cz2.htm

Edited by Guest

Not criticizing your mod, I think it is quite decent, but who would be interested in Chinese rockets? why? They're the third country to do all these space stuff yes but they only just landed a tiny rover on the moon, 50 years after the US landed a bunch of people and safely returned them all. It really isn't very epic or exciting.

I dunno about you but I'm definitely interested in China's achievements in space, as I suspect a lot of members on this forum are. I would love to see a Long March 5, and 9 Rocket from the mod developer as well as a Shenzhou if simonArtisan is interested in pursuing additional Chinese-space related designs for KSP.

Not criticizing your mod, I think it is quite decent, but who would be interested in Chinese rockets? why? They're the third country to do all these space stuff yes but they only just landed a tiny rover on the moon, 50 years after the US landed a bunch of people and safely returned them all. It really isn't very epic or exciting.

KSP is a great game,having the ability let us create all the mod we want,that is the point.people need all kind of rockets in the world even something that never exist.

So,take it easy.After all,It is a computer game what we like.there's nothing related the progress the nation get.

The more mod we can get,The more fun we can enjoy,right?

Does it come with a village to crash into?

Haha, just kidding. Beautiful work.

I'm interested in big rockets.... China doesn't have a super heavy class launch vehicle yet right.... I mean even SpaceX, a private company seem to have more aerospace progress than China, after what? 10 years of establishment?
Well SpaceX also has the benefit of being able to hire all the staff NASA laid off. China is basically reinventing the space program because nobody wants to help them. I think it's cute.

I'm interested in big rockets.... China doesn't have a super heavy class launch vehicle yet right.... I mean even SpaceX, a private company seem to have more aerospace progress than China, after what? 10 years of establishment?

Don't dismiss the Chinese out of hand. Their current rocket program is around a Gemini level of development, and they've got both the money and political will to push through a Apollo style moon program with a heavy launch rocket (Long March 9/10) which is currently in early development phases. They've also got the new Long March 5 rocket which will enter service next year from a new equatorial based launch site.

Let's not forget they landed a rover on the Moon, which is a body that we have regrettably ignored since 72.

This is a very well-made mod; it's great to see other nations represented by the mod community. Especially the Chinese space program, there has been very littleâ€â€if anyâ€â€coverage of it in KSP. Keep up the good work, Simon, and I'll be interested to see what you develop next.

To those dismissing and comparing the feats of a country with a fraction of the budget of NASA, you're forgetting the circumstances under which NASA carried out the Apollo program. In today's America, the mere notion of such a large, dangerous, and expensive program like Apollo is unthinkable and completely out of the question. A true aerospace enthusiast doesn't care which nation does what, gets where first, or makes whatever breakthrough – they will hail and congratulate them regardless. Because space exploration is something that transcends nationality, dissolves the borders that segregate us, and unites us as we discover more about our universe and reflect on our home planet; realising we are all the same and in this together.

Not criticizing your mod, I think it is quite decent, but who would be interested in Chinese rockets?

This is the SECOND thread in two days I've seen where you have been either insulting, rude or downright abusive to the authors of a mod. For someone that joined less than a week and a half ago that seems quite idiotic to me.

I've looked through the Long March rocket specs. Apparently, there are also at least two versions of the 1st stage. Aerodynamic fins were sometimes used, too, so that would be nice to see. Also, it seems that there are only two baseline rocket cores in Long March family. Long March 1 and Long March 2, the rest are derivatives of the two. A pack encompassing China's entire launcher fleet certainly seems within reach. :) Long March 1 was a fairly simple rocket, it seems, with the only changes between variants being in the solid fueled 3rd stage.

Other then the orbital module a Shenzhou would just be a retextured Soyuz, no?

Although Shenzhou is based on the Soyuz; they're different. Shenzhou is larger and heavier, it can fit four people opposed to three, and has two pairs of solar panels opposed to the one pair on Soyuz.

compare.jpg

The Chinese will. And this is an international forum about a game made in Mexico.

Yes they will, which is understandable, but I'm curious about the non-Chinese. Because I know for a fact that over 99% of the Chinese KSP players do not visit this forum at all.

I have been, but not here, because this is a genuine mod, not silly CFG edits for stolen models.

As an American I find your ethnocentric comments repulsive. It appears to be a beautiful mod and anything that creates more real-life rockets is nice.

Don't underestimate the Chinese. They're making very good progress towards space and have already orbited a station, landed a rover on the Moon and launched a man into space. All that by themselves. That's no less of an achievement than when Russians or Americans did that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.