Chinese LongMarch 3B mod v1.0

simonArtisan

Personally, I'm interested in cool rockets. The idea that the nationality of the people who made them matters is patently absurd. Someone who suggests my interest in a particular mod will be determined by my nationality is being obviously racist, no matter how badly you might want to pretend otherwise. Are you next going to argue that the reason why I love Scott Manley's videos is because I'm part Scottish, and non-Scotsmen shouldn't be interested in them? If you think that's absurd, ask yourself why you didn't recognize jacobgong's question about why non-Chinese would be interested in this mod as being equally absurd?

"Second, nothing he's said has been remotely ethnocentric"?! Please. The entire premise behind every single thing he has said or asked is that all people are extremely ethnocentric, and he doesn't quite understand how anyone wouldn't be.

"Third, as an American (is this reddit?) the idea that the Chinese deserve admiration for their space program is an absurd one." Whether the Chinese deserve admiration or not is a matter of opinion, but the notion that whether you're American or not should be in any way influential of that opinion is again accepting an absurd premise. If they deserve admiration, they deserve it regardless of your nationality. If they don't, then they don't, and likewise your nationality has no impact on their deservedness.

Edited by Gaius

I am distinguishing Chinese and non-Chinese because I don't want to argue about a Chinese issue in an English forum about video games. There are plenty of people arguing over the praiseworthiness of the moon rover on Chinese twitter and forums right now.

Because the way I see it is that a tiny rover on the moon, which broke down after like 20 days in the year 2014 is just not impressive regardless of your ethnicity.

Except that computers today are millions of times faster, there are more advanced materials and fabrication techniques available, examples like the original Apollo program, Skylab, Space Shuttle, like 5 Mars rovers, and the ISS to learn from.

Mind you this is going completely off-topic, and this is Addon Release Panel. Whatever you or anyone think of Chinese space program does not justify

who would be interested in Chinese rockets? why?

I told you the Chinese people will, and some other people too. Are you suggesting those people be removed from here? Again, this is an international forum about a game made in Mexico.

Although Shenzhou is based on the Soyuz; they're different. Shenzhou is larger and heavier, it can fit four people opposed to three, and has two pairs of solar panels opposed to the one pair on Soyuz.

also the Shenzou's orbital module can work as a totally separate spacecraft, the astronauts could use it as a lifeboat for example in case the heatshield is damaged, in fact the orbital module has its own propulsion system if im not mistaken

Very nice mod. :)

There's one small thing that is bothering me, though. The Long March rockets use hypergolic propellant, which means that they don't have a smoke trail because the propellants don't burn with the air.

Here's a picture of a Proton rocket burning hypergolic propellant. Note its exhaust and lack of a smoke trail.

Proton_rocket_launch.jpg

Nice mod. Very good work on the models.

@Giggleplex777: stock game does this. Take a look there for a solution:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65754-HotRockets!-Particle-FX-Replacement

The mod author could add a config to that mod, so if you use it the engines exhaust will look realistic.

Edited by Surefoot

Agreed that this is a very nice mod. They look very well made. :)

Do Space Shuttle Main Engines use hypergolic as well? Just wondering since they don't really have a smoke trail either (I read somewhere that it's water vapor, not sure if that's correct, though)

Nope, SSMEs are hydroLOX. It gives a different flame, but is also pretty smokeless. In that case, the trail is indeed water vapor, since that's what you get from burning hydrogen with LOX.

Looks great!and in which MOD did you get that tower?

just inside this mod,The tower was made by me.

when i finish all the parts of the rocket,when i want to take a pic for this mod,i think if there was light tower will be a better view.so,it was there finally :)and i decide pack it into this mod as a gift.

hope you will like it :)

just inside this mod,The tower was made by me.

when i finish all the parts of the rocket,when i want to take a pic for this mod,i think if there was light tower will be a better view.so,it was there finally :)and i decide pack it into this mod as a gift.

hope you will like it :)

And I thought it was the FASA Launch Tower....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am keen to try this mod out but when I try the spaceport link it takes me to the new curse site and can't find the desired download button. Will this mod be transferred onto the curse site or have I missed out on it?

I am keen to try this mod out but when I try the spaceport link it takes me to the new curse site and can't find the desired download button. Will this mod be transferred onto the curse site or have I missed out on it?

You might have to wait until the author uploads the mod onto Curse.com or provides some other mirror links...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.