Devnote Tuesdays: The "Almost Forgot to Title This Post" Edition

SQUAD

I for one, am looking forward to the Asteroid Pack, and I believe it won't be a scenario. Rather, I think that in career mode, once you begin to explore and take contracts for NKO missions, a contract will pop up asking you to retrieve an asteroid for easier manned study in kerbin (Or munar) orbit. At this point, if you accept, the asteroid will appear on map view as an uncontrollable, interactive celestial body. (It will probably have other requirements, such as no aerobraking or damaging it with engine backthrust, because it renders the entire mission useless if the asteroid is damaged as then no accurate scientific knowledge will be able to be gained.) In this case, We would get a bit of everything we want:

- Large steps towards asteroid belt

- NASA/SQUAD Collaborative Mission Pack

- The tutorials are getting redone, which will make the game easier to get started on, which in turn allows for a little more diversity in the Career mode. (Dificulty setting by tech tree? Career tutorial with current tree, and a harder, more realistic career mode for the standard mode.)

- Asteroids will be hard to manoeuvre and control, so we will most likely see some KAS-like parts. (After all, You can't just slap a docking port on the side of an asteroid.)

- Probably some part balancing here and there *cough* Nerf the 48-7S *cough*, possibly removing some redundant parts, adding some cool new stuff in, [speculation] new antennae functions such as distance? [/speculation]

Any way this goes, I am looking forward to tomorrow. Why? Because it is Tuesday tomorrow in NZ!

EDIT: He is new to the Dev team. He was announced last week, IIRC.

I for one, am looking forward to the Asteroid Pack, and I believe it won't be a scenario. Rather, I think that in career mode, once you begin to explore and take contracts for NKO missions, a contract will pop up asking you to retrieve an asteroid for easier manned study in kerbin (Or munar) orbit. At this point, if you accept, the asteroid will appear on map view as an uncontrollable, interactive celestial body. (It will probably have other requirements, such as no aerobraking or damaging it with engine backthrust, because it renders the entire mission useless if the asteroid is damaged as then no accurate scientific knowledge will be able to be gained.) In this case, We would get a bit of everything we want:

- Large steps towards asteroid belt

- NASA/SQUAD Collaborative Mission Pack

- The tutorials are getting redone, which will make the game easier to get started on, which in turn allows for a little more diversity in the Career mode. (Dificulty setting by tech tree? Career tutorial with current tree, and a harder, more realistic career mode for the standard mode.)

- Asteroids will be hard to manoeuvre and control, so we will most likely see some KAS-like parts. (After all, You can't just slap a docking port on the side of an asteroid.)

- Probably some part balancing here and there *cough* Nerf the 48-7S *cough*, possibly removing some redundant parts, adding some cool new stuff in, [speculation] new antennae functions such as distance? [/speculation]

Any way this goes, I am looking forward to tomorrow. Why? Because it is Tuesday tomorrow in NZ!

EDIT: He is new to the Dev team. He was announced last week, IIRC.

I failed at finding something in this post I don't agree with, very good points indeed. I'm looking forward to hear the recent development news too :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.