Mod bundler for "Real Solar System" (DEFUNCT)

jamis

I check about twice a week to see if any mods have been updated, and I then update the master manifest file (which the bundler downloads on every run). If new mods come along that improve on an existing mod, I won't automatically know about it; but if you want to make an argument for a mod being added to the manifest, feel free to post something here and I"ll see what I can do.

I keep getting this error

cleaning previous build...

-- cached: AIES 1.5.1

downloading AIES Antennas for RemoteTech2

downloading Active Texture Management (Basic) 2.15

oops: OpenURI::HTTPError (404 Not Found)

done

and now this

cleaning previous build...

-- cached: AIES 1.5.1

downloading Deadly Reentry Continued 4.5

downloading Exsurgent Engineering (DLL only)

oops: OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError (handshake alert: unrecognized_name)

done

and only three zips are created. Aies Aerospace, Deadly Reentry, and RemoteTech.

EDIT: And it seems to always happen now after downloading ExsurgentEngineering (DLL only)

Edited by GregroxMun

I keep getting this error

and now this

and only three zips are created. Aies Aerospace, Deadly Reentry, and RemoteTech.

EDIT: And it seems to always happen now after downloading ExsurgentEngineering (DLL only)

same here on windows

UPDATE: fixed it by manually downloading ExsurgentEngineering.dll from here: https://github.com/careo/ExsurgentEngineering/raw/master/ExsurgentEngineering/obj/Release/ExsurgentEngineering.dll and putting it into the cache directory (where the real-solar-system.bat is located)

Edited by re5et

Hi guys! I can confirm slight issues with downloads currently. I didn't notice until you guys said something because most effected zips were cached on my side already. I can assume we all use windows 64 bit? please make sure that you have java installed *both 32 and 64 bit to be sure*, and please make a note of any zips that are having issues, I will go one by one and see if I can figure out what does and doesn't do it on my end, and we should "report" on it.

@hodo What specific problem are you having? I don't understand.

Hi guys! I can confirm slight issues with downloads currently. I didn't notice until you guys said something because most effected zips were cached on my side already. I can assume we all use windows 64 bit? please make sure that you have java installed *both 32 and 64 bit to be sure*, and please make a note of any zips that are having issues, I will go one by one and see if I can figure out what does and doesn't do it on my end, and we should "report" on it.

@hodo What specific problem are you having? I don't understand.

When I download it and install it in a folder NOT KSP, and try and run it according to the directions on the main page it does nothing, I actually don't even get an error just nothing.

It pops open a window that instantly closes. No faults or errors, just open then close.

I can barely make out what it is, looks like a DoS prompt window.

Edited by Hodo

Can you check that java is installed (both 32bit and 64bit)? That command prompt (dos window) always runs in the backround when you run the bundler. If no window is popping up when you run the file (.bat for windows) then I would double check java as java runs the user interface for this directly.

When I download it and install it in a folder NOT KSP, and try and run it according to the directions on the main page it does nothing, I actually don't even get an error just nothing.

It pops open a window that instantly closes. No faults or errors, just open then close.

I can barely make out what it is, looks like a DoS prompt window.

Hey all, sorry for the silence. I've just posted an update (version 20140325) which hopefully will fix the "OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError (handshake alert: unrecognized_name)" error that some of you reported.

Also, this new version will hopefully give a better error message when Java is not installed, which ought to help with troubleshooting.

when I tried to launch the batch file it starts java and quickly closes after an error. so I edit the batch file to get it to pause so I can see the error I'm getting and this is what it comes up with.

o9XEUo1.jpg

I even download the manifest manually and it still give me that error

Real rocket engines are hardly ever throttleable. If it's a problem, delete your engine configs and switch to stockalike engine configs (post 2, RF thread); you *really* need RF if you want to build for RSS.

So should I thus be picking a much weaker engine if I'm getting massive TWR in atmosphere and blowing up?

Yup. You want to take off at about 1.2 TWR. If your burnout TWR is too high, you have too few stages.

Or use multiple smaller engines and shut some of them off when TWR goes too high (Saturn V S-IC stage did this, shutting off central F-1).

Yup. You want to take off at about 1.2 TWR. If your burnout TWR is too high, you have too few stages.

Or use multiple smaller engines and shut some of them off when TWR goes too high (Saturn V S-IC stage did this, shutting off central F-1).

Holy cow I tried out your earth and it takes a LOT of delta v to get into a 100km orbit. Which makes sense cause that's at the edge of the atmosphere. But how should I take my gravity turn with it?

Holy cow I tried out your earth and it takes a LOT of delta v to get into a 100km orbit. Which makes sense cause that's at the edge of the atmosphere. But how should I take my gravity turn with it?

Normally I have take-off TWR at around 1.5~1.8, and start the gravity turn by ~10 degrees when my vertical velocity reaches 100m/s, then continue the gravity turn by following the prograde direction while maintaining the TWR at around 2.0, if the engines are not throttleable, you can either shutdown some of these engines to reduce TWR or to turn a bit more aggressive after you reached 40km+ altitude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.