Mod bundler for "Real Solar System" (DEFUNCT)

jamis

@OtherBarry, yup, you're right. :/ As a workaround, you can download the manifest separately, and then, from the command-line, specify the path to the manifest as an argument to the script, e.g.:

real-solar-system.bat c:\path\to\real-solar-system.manifest

You'll want to redownload the manifest periodically, to get the latest version.

Holy cow I tried out your earth and it takes a LOT of delta v to get into a 100km orbit. Which makes sense cause that's at the edge of the atmosphere. But how should I take my gravity turn with it?

Lastnight I managed to get my first Kerbalnaught into orbit in my carreer mode with the realistic techtree progression. I am only in basic rocketry but I managed to get Al Kerman into orbit. This was after a total of 12 unmanned launches, and 9 of those were failures on one level or another. Finally I had a rocket design that was consistant enough to attempt to launch a Kerbal. So one of my 9 "right stuff" kerbals was chosen. The next in the flight list was Al Kerman who is the 4th one on the roster, but due to extensive launch tests, and flight testing and drop testing of the pod and its safety systems Al was next in the line for flight.

I think it is funny because I still don't have EVA suites or any real life support system outside of the pod.

My next goal is to actually bring the capsule back down where I can get to it easier than the south pacific.

active texture management has a 404 error for me, both basic and aggressive, if I find more mods that do this, i'll let you know

I am getting the same issue as well. In order to try and fix it, I downloaded the .manifest file from the first post (real-solar-system.manifest) and tried to alter the URL to the Active Texture Management mod, however, even when trying to load the original downloaded real-solar-system.manifest file without any modifications, Java gives an error.

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to run this:

Fixed! Turns out I had to manually create the folder C:\tmp -- not sure if this scario is fixable directly in the code, but manually creating the folder is a usable workaround.

error opening https://raw.github.com/jamis/KSP-RealSolarSystem-Bundler/master/real-solar-system.manifest: Errno::ENOENT
(No such file or directory - C:/tmp)
NoMethodError: undefined method `<' for nil:NilClass
load_manifest at jar:file:/C:/Users/themi_000/Desktop/Kerbal/_RSS%20Mod%20Manager/real-solar-system-20140325/jars/real
-solar-system.jar!/real-solar-system/lib/ksp/rss/ui.rb:318
initialize at jar:file:/C:/Users/themi_000/Desktop/Kerbal/_RSS%20Mod%20Manager/real-solar-system-20140325/jars/real
-solar-system.jar!/real-solar-system/lib/ksp/rss/ui.rb:52
(root) at file:/C:/Users/themi_000/Desktop/Kerbal/_RSS Mod Manager/real-solar-system-20140325/jars/real-solar-s
ystem.jar!/real-solar-system/bin/bundler.rb:3
load at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1099
(root) at file:/C:/Users/themi_000/Desktop/Kerbal/_RSS Mod Manager/real-solar-system-20140325/jars/real-solar-s
ystem.jar!/META-INF/main.rb:1
require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1083
ystem.jar!/META-INF/main.rb:1
(root) at jar:file:/C:/Users/THEMI_~1/AppData/Local/Temp/jruby8482467485050489274extract/jruby-stdlib-complete-
1.7.10.jar!/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/shared/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:1
error: org.jruby.embed.EvalFailedException: (NoMethodError) undefined method `<' for nil:NilClass

Darn, I am getting a "oops: OpenURI::HTTPError (404 Not Found)" error on "downloading Toolbar 1.7.0" (this is the RSS Pre6 .manifest file loaded via the file menu in the UI).

What's the best way around this?

Edit: Looks like I also get this error with Active Texture Management (Aggressive)...

Edit 2: See below -- out of date links fixed up by hand in the .manifest file seems to solve the issue.

Edited by jrandom

Thats the same problem I am haveing. though not with RSS pre 6

I've been editing the .manifest by hand -- the failing ones have out-of-date links. Looks like some of these mods, when updated, have the old verison removed. Fix up the download link in the .manifest file and the error goes away. (At least, so far it has... it's still downloading stuff at the moment.)

Try this one. It's for RSS 6 Pre1 -- I just updated the broken download links, so some of the version numbers in the UI will not be technically correct. The downloads should work (at least for the ones I've checked for download).

The .manifest file is simply a text file so you can edit it with Notepad or whatever. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.