Mod bundler for "Real Solar System" (DEFUNCT)

jamis

Note that I don't use all the mods that the bundler supports (like FASA), so even when a patch is released, I may or may not even notice. :) Please don't be shy about bringing these things up, because there are a LOT of mods involved, and I'm bound to miss announcements.

Whew! Another update. Sorry these are coming so fast, but I think we're approaching the level of polish I envisioned for this. You'll need to grab the latest in order to take advantage of the mods I added. Please let me know if you find anything broken!

Hey first off, I love this bundler. This is a wonderful tool for those that have played KSP for awhile and look for challenges.

With that said, I was wondering if you can add the alternate configs for RSS. They are linked in the top, for example, the 1/10th rescale.

Also, perhaps you can also include Kerbal ISP difficulty plugin. This will go good with those that want play normal kerbal but with realistic ISP and such.

Keep up the good work, and perhaps this can be expanded into a much more full mod configer.

Oh PS. Planetfactory?

First off this is a wonderful project and makes the ease of use for RSS easy. My first suggestion is perhaps you can add the alternate configs for RSS. Also can you include "Kerbal ISP difficulty scaler" which will help when using RSS with stock kerbal or not using RSS at all. Also supporting planetfactory would be nice addition!

This is a wonderful tool for those who are looking for the additional difficulty in making Jeb trying to get to orbit.

@tocooljim - done. The alternate RSS configs are now available to select, as is the Kerbal ISP Difficulty Scaler. (I'm going to have to start rethinking how I've got the mods categorized...it's starting to feel kind of arbitrary.)

@MedievalNerd - thanks! I'd really appreciate that!

@jamis - I noticed there is a bug with RT2, you have it downloading the fixed DLL, but not downloading the rest of the actual mod. So when you try to play with RT2, it is all brokeded. You will need to first download the one from spaceport, then install the community fix after.

Also,can you add TAC-Fuel Balancer. I am on a roll I think lol.

Great work! Everything is definitely starting to show some polish!

@tocooljim The only thing I see with b9 is the amount of "fixing" that it requires. If it gets into the bundler and has all the fixes that'd be amazing! But b9 in its current state is one of the more fiddly mods to get set up right in .23 or rss.

Re: B9, if someone who's actually set up B9 wouldn't mind helping out, I wouldn't mind adding it to the bundler. One of the benefits of having a bundler is being able to centralize and standardize the "fiddly bits", so it seems like it might be a pretty good fit. But since I've never so much as installed it myself, I might not be the best person to have a go at making it work in the bundler.

Also, re: procedural wings, I'll see about adding those, too.

I added two alternate manifest files to the OP: one for the v6-pre1 release of "Real Solar System" (with the actual map of Earth, instead of Kerbin), and one for the beautiful Alternis Kerbol mod. I hesitate to get into the business of making lots of alternate manifest files, because there's no way I'll be able to maintain them, but maybe these get can others inspired to try their hand.

Hi there...

I just did a re-install of my machine... I can not get the .bat file to do anything nor can I get the .jars to execute by running the commands at the cmd prompt (no surprise on that one). I do have Java installed at updated... Are there any dependencies I am missing?

@sjgold, can you try the following:

• Open a command prompt
  • change to the directory where you installed the bundler
  • run the .bat file from that directory

What error message is printed to the terminal when the batch file runs?

Sorry for the wrinkles. Hopefully this one proves straightforward to iron out.

Well, this is a surprise...

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

I have some other Java stuff installed (minecraft) and its working... Its obviously on my side... I assume I need to add the java directory to my path... going to google how to do that in windows7 ;)

@sjgold, the simplest "solution" I've found for this is to just go and download/reinstall Java. I'm only vaguely familiar with Windows setups, but I suspect that the Java apps you've got installed aren't relying on the command-line, and so perhaps a Java install was done that didn't include command-line setups. (If anyone is more familiar with Windows+Java than me, please clarify this! Especially, I'd love to know if there's something I can do with the bundler that would eliminate this confusion.)

Gawin,

So far, that happens because you don't have Java installed (or installed in a way that the bundler needs). My recommendation is to go to https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download and install Java (even if you've already got it installed), and then see if that helps things at all.

If it does not help, you'll need to open a command prompt, change to the folder where you installed the bundler, and run the batch file manually. If you need instructions for how to do that, let me know and I'll be happy to be more explicit.

Sorry for the problems. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.