Science of the Spheres - development

NovaSilisko

!!!Noob Question Alert!!!

How does I use an IRC?

Click on it enter your username in the box and click connect. Then the bar at the bottom is the part that you put your msg in and enter sends it. The middle bit is the main part of the IRC showing what other users are saying. The right bit shows what users are on.

Further developed crossbow:

97YZ7Vi.gif

Rather, I suppose it's more of a ballista, given the arms don't flex and instead use torsion.

Going to shorten the arms and increase the bulk of the joints, to give it more of a ballista shape...

Edited by NovaSilisko

A Few Questions from GregroxMun.

Will there be multiple "tiers" of projectile weapon? Can we expect Estes-Rocket powered Missiles with a PVC potato-canon launcher?

Will there be any Easter Eggs perhaps referencing a certain game about little green men exploring space?

It the game meant to be easily modded like KSP?

Will it be possible to create new planetary systems from scratch, and if so will that be via mods, cfg files, or high-tier technology?

Should I get some sleep, it's really late...

Are stars large SGCs or regular SGCs with lots of matter stuck to them?

Will black holes be possible? Would there even be a point to having black holes, if that's essentially just what an SGC is?

Will there be any gravitational sources that move?

How would you go about abducting Orange Slime Cubes? Or Chickens?

Will there be some form of procedurally generated creatures, so that you don't just have repetitious creatures over and over again?

What if you had two SGCs in one planet?

In the "Umbra" Concept art (The reddish spacerock), do those jets on it push the spacerock around at all?

Do SGCs have static size, density, or gravity? Can different SGCs have different Gravitational attraction? Do they have different diameters? Do they have varying densities? Are all SGCs Identical?

Can SGCs be destroyed? If so, what happens to the planet?

Will there be sandbox-style tools to do things like superheat planets, or freeze them (kind of like Spore Space Stage)?

Is Dr. Tony Pistachio all alone is the MEA facility?

Could Microspace Tourism/Manned MicroSpaceflight be a possibility?

If you hadn't already planned on any of these things, did I give you ideas about them?

Edited by GregroxMun

Will there be multiple "tiers" of projectile weapon? Can we expect Estes-Rocket powered Missiles with a PVC potato-canon launcher?

There probably will be a few tiers of harpoon, yeah. This would be the super heavy duty one, smaller ones probably would be powered by compressed gas.

By the way, I've updated my IRC notification settings so it should be easier to get my attention in the IRC chat. I keep missing whenever you come in, Gregrox :sticktongue:

Hmm, it's already May 2014 and I haven't seen a prototype, where is it :(

Well it's not like the game's had constant work done on it since then. It was, until now, just a few brief stints of work intersparsed with trying other projects. The current incarnation only really began semicontinuous work early this year.

Not sure if you didn't understand the joke and typo of your post or if its a joke replying to a joke.

Oh, I see what you were saying. I didn't make a typo - as I said, the prototype is from around July 2013, not that it was going to be released in July 2014.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.