[WIP] Through the Eyes of a Kerbal - 0.0.2c - 2/16/14 1st person EVA(Now toggleable!)

Chronothan

Ah, just wanted to try myself and this page was still open.... F5.... Ahh! ;-)

Thanks!

Carsten

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, works. But it will not rotate the view with Q/E or LMB Mouse. Maybe it collides with "EVA_ROTATE_ON_MOVE = False" I use....

Carsten

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this nice one deserves to be resurrected so here's

Recompiled for KSP 1.0.2

I didn't touch the source code, just recompiled it, so it can still be found in the original mod's download. All other information can be found in the OP.

Happy IVAing on EVA.

P.S. Should author of the mod complain about this, just PM me and I'll remove it

Edited by Ser

• 1 month later...
I think this nice one deserves to be resurrected so here's

Recompiled for KSP 1.0.2

I didn't touch the source code, just recompiled it, so it can still be found in the original mod's download. All other information can be found in the OP.

Happy IVAing on EVA.

Thank you so much for the recompile! Just tested it and works fine with KSP 1.0.4 for me.

Works fine for 1.04 for me. But I can't seem to figure out what key switches seats in IVA. Normally you can switch seats in IVA with 'v', but with this installed that no longer works. Guess I'll have to reassign that key.

• 2 weeks later...
Works fine for 1.04 for me. But I can't seem to figure out what key switches seats in IVA. Normally you can switch seats in IVA with 'v', but with this installed that no longer works. Guess I'll have to reassign that key.

Don't know exactly, there's a config option you may try, it's named like "forceIVA"

WELL this is the mod i am looking for for a long time. It works great with KIS and various EVA tasks you need to do. Kerbals tend to get in the way and 1st person solves this. AWESOME

WELL this is the mod i am looking for for a long time. It works great with KIS and various EVA tasks you need to do. Kerbals tend to get in the way and 1st person solves this. AWESOME

Note how long ago it was created:)

I hate when stuff is obscured with kerbal backs too. In conjunction with unfriendly EVA control it just annoys.

You could also try isKerbalVisible = true config option. It makes the view a bit more realistic and gives you a hint about the current direction of your sight.

Edited by Ser

• 4 weeks later...

Love the idea of this but I have no way to force IVA. ForceEVA = true works but the IVA option doesn't seem to be working at all... I want to be able to play with full immersion.

Never mind, I had a problem of there being a small grammatical mark in there...

Edited by hildegain

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.