[1.2.0][WIP, PLUGIN][0.11.9.8][30/10/2016] KeepFit - Kerbal fitness degradation

timmers_uk

@crapstar  Have you got a method of getting the broken window to reliably repeat after a KSP restart?

I am having trouble getting the window bug from showing up in reliable way. So far when I exit KSP after it happens. I can't seem to get in stuck open again. If we found a way of breaking it every time it would be easier to track down the problem. Any ideas? 

2 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

@crapstar  Have you got a method of getting the broken window to reliably repeat after a KSP restart?

I am having trouble getting the window bug from showing up in reliable way. So far when I exit KSP after it happens. I can't seem to get in stuck open again. If we found a way of breaking it every time it would be easier to track down the problem. Any ideas? 

Mine is broken from start. It activates and deactivates randomly...it might also be other mods that is fighting with KeepFit. Here is a list of my mods if it helps. Let me know if you need logs.

MODS:

KSP: 1.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
USI Tools - 0.7
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.1
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.0.0.1
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.1
Firespitter - 7.2
GCMonitor - 1.4.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.19
keepfit - 0.10.4.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Lithobrake Exploration Technologies - 0.3.3
RCS Build Aid - 0.8
RemoteTech - 1.6.11
SCANsat - 1.1.5.2
SpaceY Expanded - 1.1.6
SpaceY Lifters - 1.12
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.0.1
USI Core - 0.2
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.8
USI Exploration Pack - 0.5
Freight Transport Tech - 0.5
Karbonite - 0.7
Karbonite Plus - 0.6
Kolonization Core - 0.2
USI-LS - 0.4
USI Survivability Pack - 0.5
UKS - 0.40
Unmanned before Manned - 1.0.8
Waypoint Manager - 2.5
Wider Contracts App - 1.3

Edited by crapstar
typo

Bug report (from 1.0.5, but might be relevant to 1.1, if not, disregard):

Having more kerbals than the roster list is long (so that they go off the screen) causes weird behavior, and causes the settings/roster/log buttons to be unable to be clicked and get stuck off screen.

The resize roster list doesn't really work either, as it just snaps to the next kerbal in line, so you still get the same length, and it can't be clicked in this situation either.

I can post screenshots if this is about as clear as mud but it's 3am and I'm le tired.

Cheers.

(linux 64 lotsamods)

Ok I've pushed a new version. 0.10.5.4.

The issue was similar to what I saw with ambientlighadjustment when that went to 1.1 - something is different in the object lifecycle - can't see what it is, but it means I have to be better about my object cleanup code.

The build is a debug build so has more logspam than usual - if you still have window popup issues or strange spontaneous restart issues of keepfit, please include your logs with reports.

Thanks,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

So about that log spam... anyway I can disable it? I'm not necessarily noticing any adverse effects from it, but it's making it difficult to wade through other issues. I suppose I could just snip it out.

Next build will be a release build, out some time today, nothing special, just a rebuild to 1.1.2.

11 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

Next build will be a release build, out some time today, nothing special, just a rebuild to 1.1.2.

Sounds good; no real rush, just my log is/was a train wreck and I'm trying to prune things down to manageable sizes.

How about Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics ?

I just asked there about the centrifugal force of rotating parts.

The first reply says "Rotating parts do create the force because... physics" so the fitness level should not degrade as much as in zero gravity.

If not, could you collaborate with the creator to make this possible?

On ‎02‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 11:16 AM, timmers_uk said:

Did you already build and upload it anywhere?

Love what this mod adds to the game. Can't wait to see it in 1.1.2.

Have you considered an aging system, where Kerbs would have a set range of 'peak' years, where they perform and recover normally, but then their performance, endurance and recovery times degrade, essentially forcing them into retirement or some kind of ground duty?

The actual number of years is something that would need to be tested and balanced. 

On 5/10/2016 at 6:15 AM, timmers_uk said:

FYI all - just a quick note to say I'd not abandoned the mod, just dealing with a stubborn man-flu, and haven't got around to testing rebuilds on 1.1.2 as a result.

I think my micro tantrums from the mini avc out-of-date prompt is trumped by actual illness.

Ok sorry for the wait everyone - I finally pushed out a new release (which is a release build this time). Aside from rebuilding for 1.1.2 and less spam, it doesn't contain any uber-fixes I'm afraid, but its >0

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2016 at 11:21 AM, alphaman said:

Rockets with civilians from Tourism Plus gets deleted upon returning to the space center view. 

In order to be able to look into this, it would help if you would provide KSP logs and a list of what other mods you have installed.

My main career save right now has both KeepFit + Tourism Plus, and I've not had this happen, so I'm not sure why you'd be having this issue

Tim

16 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

In order to be able to look into this, it would help if you would provide KSP logs and a list of what other mods you have installed.

My main career save right now has both KeepFit + Tourism Plus, and I've not had this happen, so I'm not sure why you'd be having this issue

Tim

So I was testing with my mods and found out that it only happens when Orbital Decay(http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116818-112-orbital-decay-v142-13052016-lots-of-fixes/) is also included.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this has come up (couldn't be bothered to read ten pages, but have scanned with ctrl-f for freeze and deep) but wondering if you cryo a kerbal does the time spent in the cryo tube reduce their fitness or does it keep them fresh? I'm wanting to use deepfreeze for the long distance stuff!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.