[1.2.0][WIP, PLUGIN][0.11.9.8][30/10/2016] KeepFit - Kerbal fitness degradation

timmers_uk

On 6/25/2016 at 2:57 PM, Kertech said:

Don't know if this has come up (couldn't be bothered to read ten pages, but have scanned with ctrl-f for freeze and deep) but wondering if you cryo a kerbal does the time spent in the cryo tube reduce their fitness or does it keep them fresh? I'm wanting to use deepfreeze for the long distance stuff!

I made a patch awhile back that makes deep freeze freezers NEUTRAL (which pauses the effects of zero-g) but I'm not sure what happened to it; let me root around and see if I can find it. If not, I'll rewrite it.

---------

@timmers_uk any way to increase the lethality of this mod? I know Deadly Reentry has a settings config for tweaking such things - would something similar be within the realm of possibility (low hanging fruit)?

Just now, Deimos Rast said:

I made a patch awhile back that makes deep freeze freezers NEUTRAL (which pauses the effects of zero-g) but I'm not sure what happened to it; let me root around and see if I can find it. If not, I'll rewrite it.

---------

@timmers_uk any way to increase the lethality of this mod? I know Deadly Reentry has a settings config for tweaking such things - would something similar be within the realm of possibility (low hanging fruit)?

Hi,

I'm not sure how deepfreeze works so I'm not sure how KeepFit would be able to tell when a kerbal was actually in deep freeze, as it in theory ought to only be neutral if the kerbal is actually frozen (though for most peoples' purposes working on the honour system should be ok I suspect).

Lethality-wise, I'm not on my gaming side PC right now, so couldn't say for certain whether it works correctly, but you should be able to modify the base warning + fatal lethality levels (as well as turning on/off wimp-mode).

Tim

8 minutes ago, timmers_uk said:

Hi,

I'm not sure how deepfreeze works so I'm not sure how KeepFit would be able to tell when a kerbal was actually in deep freeze, as it in theory ought to only be neutral if the kerbal is actually frozen (though for most peoples' purposes working on the honour system should be ok I suspect).

Lethality-wise, I'm not on my gaming side PC right now, so couldn't say for certain whether it works correctly, but you should be able to modify the base warning + fatal lethality levels (as well as turning on/off wimp-mode).

Tim

yeah...the patch just makes it so if they're in the freezer unit, it's a NEUTRAL. In all honesty, why be in the unit if you're not getting frozen? It's not 100% bullet proof, but I think it would satisfy most people.

What is "Base Warning"? You mean the base exercise level?

-----

@Kertech Try the below patch. If that doesn't work, then I'll give you an alternative version.

//-------------------KEEPFIT - (DEEP FREEZE)----------------------//
@PART[CRY*Freezer]:NEEDS[DeepFreeze&KeepFit]:AFTER[KeepFit]
{
  MODULE
   {
      name = KeepFitPartModule
      strActivityLevel = NEUTRAL
   }
}

Edited by Deimos Rast

There are 2 thresholds in the Gee tolerance system - warning + fatal.

There's a config setting for what each one is, which *I believe* can be set in the KeepFit config UI (but I can't run KSP right now as I'm at work).

The threshold is just a baseline value though, as the fitness level of the Kerbal influences what its current warning/fatal Gee levels are, so a super-fit kerbal who gets out and gets plenty of exercise from playing Kerbomon-Go will have a higher tolerance than base, whereas a weak feeble kerbal who has been jammed in a mk1 pod for 6 years will go all weak at the knees from bit puff of RCS.

Hope that helps?

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. However, the below options are all I've ever seen.

I don't know why it says v0.10.6.4, as the version file matches what I pulled from Spacedock just now (although the file name on the zip says 0.10.7.5 so....I'm confused). I'll try a reinstall.

Edit: Dlls seem the same.

3ZAufRU.png?1

Edited by Deimos Rast

Its possible that I missed updating the version in the assemblyinfo file. I wouldn't fret too much about that one.

That picture also confirms I didn't put those baseline Gee values in the UI - grrrr

Hopefully I'll get a chance tonight to address that.

T

On 7/19/2016 at 6:27 AM, timmers_uk said:

Its possible that I missed updating the version in the assemblyinfo file. I wouldn't fret too much about that one.

That picture also confirms I didn't put those baseline Gee values in the UI - grrrr

Hopefully I'll get a chance tonight to address that.

T

Guessing you didn't get a chance; no rush.

Looking forward to it though!

4 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Guessing you didn't get a chance; no rush.

Looking forward to it though!

Yes indeed I did not get a chance. Perhaps over the next couple of days.

If you felt brave you could do it via persistence file, but it would be at your own risk

Ok ... finally got to it, so there's a new release, hurrah!

koRzdkJ.png

There you go, edit boxes for your config params, including the Min Gee for exercising when landed, and baseline tolerance values for the different periods.

Just don't ask look too closely at the checkbox for 'Use Best Overall Part On Vessel' as it only clips on Unity style :| (I know why, and see what needs fixing, but I'm not doing a new release just for that :D )

Does this mod disable deadly reentry's G effects on kerbals and replace it fully with its own?

Also is it compatible with Kerbalism? By compability I meant its centrifuge part could improve fitness of kerbals while in space.

Edited by raxo2222

54 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Does this mod disable deadly reentry's G effects on kerbals and replace it fully with its own?

Also is it compatible with Kerbalism? By compability I meant its centrifuge part could improve fitness of kerbals while in space.

No and no, are the answers here afaik. 

Kerbalism would have to have an exposed api to tell dynamically if its centrifuge was switched on, and I have no idea if such a thing is provided, and dont use kerbalism myself. If someone were to provide a pull request to integrate it, I would consider its inclusion though.

More simply it wiuld straightforward for someone to provide a module manager config to add a static fitness level to the part.

Iirc deadly reentry gee effects cant be disabled, hut by default onky kick in at higher gee levels than keepfit, and thr config can be changed to add a zero so they never take precedence. 

hth

20 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

No and no, are the answers here afaik. 

Kerbalism would have to have an exposed api to tell dynamically if its centrifuge was switched on, and I have no idea if such a thing is provided, and dont use kerbalism myself. If someone were to provide a pull request to integrate it, I would consider its inclusion though.

More simply it wiuld straightforward for someone to provide a module manager config to add a static fitness level to the part.

Iirc deadly reentry gee effects cant be disabled, hut by default onky kick in at higher gee levels than keepfit, and thr config can be changed to add a zero so they never take precedence. 

hth

Hmmm static fitness level would do it - this part would be rotating 95% of time anyway.

And for deadly effects I just added one 0 everywhere, and changed exponent and kill chance to 0.

Just now, raxo2222 said:

Hmmm static fitness level would do it - this part would be rotating 95% of time anyway.

And for deadly effects I just added one 0 everywhere, and changed exponent and kill chance to 0.

Good stuff - if the static fitness level works let me know, and even better, send me the modulemanager config and I'll add it to the next rev of KeepFit for those using Kerbalism.

Also keep me posted on deadly re-entry, it would be useful to hear if it works for you.

11 hours ago, timmers_uk said:

Good stuff - if the static fitness level works let me know, and even better, send me the modulemanager config and I'll add it to the next rev of KeepFit for those using Kerbalism.

Also keep me posted on deadly re-entry, it would be useful to hear if it works for you.

Here is keepfit - kerbalism interaction patch - now keepfit players can use kerbalism mod if they want crewed module with exercising level - fitness slightly increased after one day in deep space.

I named this patch MM config "kerbalism"

Spoiler

// Centrifuge part from kerbalism mod is going to be used for 99% of time anyway.
@PART[GravityRing]:NEEDS[KeepFit]:AFTER[KeepFit]
{
    MODULE
    {
    name = KeepFitPartModule
    strActivityLevel = EXERCISING
    }
}

Where is keepfit is writing its config?

When G-Effects are disabled in keepfit, then my MM patch shouldn't nullify G effects of deadly reentry.

Here is keepfit - Deadly Reentry MM patch. I think its bit of overkill, but its better to be safe :P

Spoiler

//Overriding Deadly Reentry G effects on crew.
@REENTRY_EFFECTS[Default]:NEEDS[KeepFit]:Final
{
    @crewGKillChance = 0
    @crewGClamp = 0
    @crewGPower = 0
}

GKillChance of 0 prevents kerbals from getting killed, Gclamp of 0 makes sure that any acceleration above of 0 is treated as 0 and GPower is 0 so any increase was linear

I don't know if actually DR patch is working.

Edit this DR patch doesn't work. You have to set 3 values manually to 0 to disable DR G effects.

Edited by raxo2222

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

SpaceDock worked but Github release, which I tried first, only offers up source files

Bah ... and today my servers at work went all clown-car on me - not the best day!

Looks like the github upload failed.

Should be better now.

Thanks,

T

8 hours ago, sentania said:

ANy ideas on why I'm not seeing Keepfit in the applauncher?

This happens the first time you start a new game: KeepFit button is nowhere to be seen.

But if you enter the flight scene and return to the KSC scene, the button should be visible.

That or there is a mod that is causing issue with the toolbar buttons in your install. I have seen this with an incompatible KSP 1.2.0 DLL related to Infernal Robotics. Several buttons were not showing...

On 10/20/2016 at 1:53 PM, JeffreyCor said:

Any plans to integrate with the stock G tolerance system that is in 1.2 now?

I must say they interface nicely already! I reduced the Kerbal Tolerance Limit to 0.05 in the stock advanced game options and I find that when a Kerbal surpass it's personal G tolerance (you can see that in the astronaut complex) for more than ~10 seconds, they go unconscious. It takes about 20 seconds for them to regain conscious once G forces are back to normal. This is enough to cause catastrophic events!

KeepFit on the other hands is mostly concerned about long term G tolerance and tolerance degradation from long period in zero-G.

Also, possibly related to the various problems with mod buttons not showing is this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/55420-120-toolbar-1713-common-api-for-draggableresizable-buttons-toolbar/&page=55#comment-2770188

Edited by Galenmacil
Clarification

On 20/10/2016 at 6:53 PM, JeffreyCor said:

Any plans to integrate with the stock G tolerance system that is in 1.2 now?

Haven't had any spare time to really play 1.2 yet :( ... once I have then I'll be in a position to comment on this - it depends how 'hookable' the tolerance levels and consequences are for modders.

On 22/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, sentania said:

ANy ideas on why I'm not seeing Keepfit in the applauncher?

See below - its tied into me not having had time to do more than rebuild KeepFit for 1.2 as yet - pity the poor timmers who has no time to play any games (though he did buy a new motorbike so possibly has himself to blame).

On 22/10/2016 at 8:52 PM, Galenmacil said:

This happens the first time you start a new game: KeepFit button is nowhere to be seen.

But if you enter the flight scene and return to the KSC scene, the button should be visible.

That or there is a mod that is causing issue with the toolbar buttons in your install. I have seen this with an incompatible KSP 1.2.0 DLL related to Infernal Robotics. Several buttons were not showing...

I must say they interface nicely already! I reduced the Kerbal Tolerance Limit to 0.05 in the stock advanced game options and I find that when a Kerbal surpass it's personal G tolerance (you can see that in the astronaut complex) for more than ~10 seconds, they go unconscious. It takes about 20 seconds for them to regain conscious once G forces are back to normal. This is enough to cause catastrophic events!

KeepFit on the other hands is mostly concerned about long term G tolerance and tolerance degradation from long period in zero-G.

Also, possibly related to the various problems with mod buttons not showing is this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/55420-120-toolbar-1713-common-api-for-draggableresizable-buttons-toolbar/&page=55#comment-2770188

Thanks - I've got a github pull request I think which may be the fix for the toolbar stuff, but ... again ... ought to really do more than a quick rebuild in order to check these things out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.