Large strut for space station ?

ndiver

Dear all,

i'm looking for a large strut working properly with the current version of KSP. I'm starting to do a space station using the FusTek parts.

There was the amazing Tri-Hexagonal Structural Strut ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24849 ) but i've some bugs with the adaptors when i tried it.

Does anyone has anything better than the current stock, because i find them a bit small for a structural strut (as on ISS).

Thanks for your help :)

Thanks Talisar, i will take a look at it :)

Yesterday, i totally removed the Fustek parts initially downloaded using the link on the main post of the thread related to it, and installed the one obtained by the Spaceport, and strangely the adaptors are now working properly. And i sill don't get why ...

I also had a look at the ISS modeling and the strut is really big and usable for large space stations. I'm not a huge fan of the Mir-like stations or fuel-stations we usually have in KSP. The ISS style is more interesting IMHO.

Thanks guys for the suggestions :)

@Kommitz : your pieces are quite nice. As it was done on the THSS, you could use the internal part of the strut to put some fuel or monoprop.

As the THSS are now reworking on my computer (i still don't get was what the problem), here is what i did yesterday evening (it will be the base of the space station) :

1391249623-screenshot2.png

As you can see the large strut will be used in a similar way than on ISS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.