What's The One Thing That Niggles You About KSP

NeoMorph

Devs not moving the game in a more challenging direction because of a bunch of whiny mech-plebs.

Cutting back on ideas like semi-realistic data transmission and resource mining because they're not "fun" enough.

I presume by mech-plebs you are referring to mechjeb users. WITHOUT turning this into a "to mechjeb or not to mechjeb" (and thus getting the thread locked) can you please explain how mechjeb users are preventing the devs from moving the game in a more challenging direction?

Incidentally I somewhat agree with the mining, not sure (yet) about the semi-realistic data transmission.

I presume by mech-plebs you are referring to mechjeb users. WITHOUT turning this into a "to mechjeb or not to mechjeb" (and thus getting the thread locked) can you please explain how mechjeb users are preventing the devs from moving the game in a more challenging direction?

Incidentally I somewhat agree with the mining, not sure (yet) about the semi-realistic data transmission.

Something along the lines of "If they can't get a rocket into orbit by themselves, they're not going to enjoy setting up a mining operation or a satellite array. Let's just leave that part to the modders."

Something along the lines of "If they can't get a rocket into orbit by themselves, they're not going to enjoy setting up a mining operation or a satellite array. Let's just leave that part to the modders."

Ah, I see. Has there actually been a confirmed instance of the devs saying this? As in, could someone provide a link to an instance as opposed to hearsay?

From what I have seen (which could be wrong, etc), the devs have largely accepted that people will play KSP however they darn well choose to play and only ever lock coversations about mechjeb-vs-no-mechjeb because they just get into flame wars. I remember them saying that they don't intend for KSP to be a crazy complex-realistic game at first. That they want it to be easy enough for new people to play, and that after that they may do extreme-realism DLC and such.

Ah, I see. Has there actually been a confirmed instance of the devs saying this? As in, could someone provide a link to an instance as opposed to hearsay?

From what I have seen (which could be wrong, etc), the devs have largely accepted that people will play KSP however they darn well choose to play and only ever lock coversations about mechjeb-vs-no-mechjeb because they just get into flame wars. I remember them saying that they don't intend for KSP to be a crazy complex-realistic game at first. That they want it to be easy enough for new people to play, and that after that they may do extreme-realism DLC and such.

There was once a place, a magical place, where a handful of people from Squad used to discuss things with the community rationally.

Sadly this place no longer exists in its former glory, and said people from Squad have all but abandoned it thanks to misunderstandings and exaggerations, and abuse, so much abuse.

That launch clamps aren't variable in length so they can only be attached to my lowest stage.

if I tried to attached to the upper part of the rocket the clamps won't attach because they clip through the lower tanks.

why you're playing older ksp versions?

why you're playing older ksp versions?

He might not be. The height is certainly variable, but I haven't found a way to change the distance between the clamp base and what the clamp is attaching to - extending it horizontal.

Then again, unless they can retract horizontally you might not want that anyway. Sure, now you're connected to that higher, more central part of your ship, but the lower part of your ship slams into it as you launch.

His characterization is just that but something approaching that meaning has been said in pieces in several locations. one is here: http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/profile/pastBroadcasts look for the KerbalKon streams. Then there are the dev blogs located here on the forum. I'm pretty sure one of them mentions somethings about 4-5 months back when they announced resources wasn't coming in .19 and was being put on the back burner while they shifted to work on career. What followed was hope that with every update there might be a return to work on the resources... and then our hopes were crushed during kerbalKon. The leaving it to the modding community as far as I can tell has not been said anywhere and is just logical inference.

There was once a place, a magical place, where a handful of people from Squad used to discuss things with the community rationally.

Sadly this place no longer exists in its former glory, and said people from Squad have all but abandoned it thanks to misunderstandings and exaggerations, and abuse, so much abuse.

And lies.

Squad just panders to "Billy" now, and apparently can't take criticism well. Nice job deleting my post silently.

Apparently that's garbage. Just delete the post.

Edited by IvanTehFennec

Who is this "Billy"?

When I first heard about the fact they have canned resources I was first disheartened too... but the number of community mods that already support resources I thought "Meh... No real loss!" which is probably why they canned it. No use remaking the wheel after all. For those who don't want resources they just don't download the mod... for those wanting resources they just add Kethane and Intersteller or whatever.

More Niggling for me is getting a perfectly safe orbit, going away to do other things for a while, and coming back and your ship has magically vanished.

Or when you're doing an Apollo-esque mission, but with an AGENA-style booster in Munar orbit instead of a CM and that's disappeared when you return to orbit, along with your fuel for the return journey, and your heat shield for reentry.

I was so proud of that mission profile, launch to the moon, separate the lander, land on the surface, jettison empty tanks and landing legs, rendezvous with the booster, burn for Kerbin reentry, jettison booster at the point of connection to the heat shield, leaving the lander ready for reentry (eyeballs out, but the Kerbals will have to live with it). Damn thing never actually worked once!

Try one of these: Peavey M2600 Power Amplifier

Cats, dogs, neighbors, local police force...ALL cower before the M2600!!! :cool:

That is a tasty amp! This is the rig I get to mix on though http://imgur.com/8SkREu7 Think I've been ruined to normal speakers now.

Now I think about it, that rig is probably why I can't hear things.

Edited by Ned Nedley
Can't link due to stupidness

That is a tasty amp! This is the rig I get to mix on though http://imgur.com/8SkREu7 Think I've been ruined to normal speakers now.

Now I think about it, that rig is probably why I can't hear things.

CRIKEY!!! Think I just had a Grateful Dead flashback-kinda-thing for a moment. "Do what you love for a living...you'll never work a day in your life!" Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.