Tips how to land accurately with FAR? (not planes)

lyndonguitar

I've been using Mechjeb's landing guidance to land me almost everywhere before, But now I use FAR and started in a new save. I already landed on the mun and In the planning stages of landing on Duna.

However I know that I may not be able to pinpoint land anymore in places with atmospheres(especially Duna) using Mechjeb. so maybe I might do it manually, or with little assist from mechjeb, any tips for this? can mechjeb autolander still be used with FAR? or at least can be used to assist?

I am also using the realchute parachute system mod for the landings if that factors in.

The reason for this is i am planning a mission to duna that might land two or more modules to the surface, similar to the proposed constellation mission. however I might end up landing them kms apart. Doing the quick save quick load trial and error won't help me if I don't really know where to start the deorbit burning, the angles, when to deploy chutes, etc

I've been using Mechjeb's landing guidance to land me almost everywhere before, But now I use FAR and started in a new save. I already landed on the mun and In the planning stages of landing on Duna.

However I know that I may not be able to pinpoint land anymore in places with atmospheres(especially Duna) using Mechjeb. so maybe I might do it manually, or with little assist from mechjeb, any tips for this? can mechjeb autolander still be used with FAR? or at least can be used to assist?

I am also using the realchute parachute system mod for the landings if that factors in.

The reason for this is i am planning a mission to duna that might land two or more modules to the surface, similar to the proposed constellation mission. however I might end up landing them kms apart. Doing the quick save quick load trial and error won't help me if I don't really know where to start the deorbit burning, the angles, when to deploy chutes, etc

As long as you are not usind DRE (Deadly Reentry) Mechjeb will still work, as will Realchutes, you just might have to deploy your chutes higher up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.