Hammer Technologies! Hypersonic Lifting-Body! Removed The Crap Ones!

X-60Spec.jpg

NEW PLANE! Super easy to fly lifting-body JATO SCRAMjet. Just throttle up, point it at 30°. Fire up the SCRAMjet around 1200m/s, then drop the booster stage when it runs out of fuel. This thing gets so fast and high you could put it in orbit with a Sepratron. The Hammer Technologies X-60 Thunder!

Mod requirements are Retro Future and BT Engine Pack. Enjoy!

*WARNING: Use at your own risk. Craft has no landing/survivability capabilities. Neither Hammer Technologies nor its subsidiaries bear any responsibility for injury, dismemberment, loss of property, life, or sanity incurred while using this vehicle.

GalaxyTex_PositiveX.png

Not a plane, but this is my skybox for Texture Replacer. Nicely rendered from Space Engine in 4k resolution :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

d763163e-8382-48a1-bf71-29982557aa14.png

"Broomstick" Ultralight! Weighs around 1.6 Tonnes, will get you over 500M/s and has a range of around 11,000 Km. Uses Procedural Wing, Realchute, and Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace.

Enjoy!

Edited by Hammer Tech
Updating

Why not just post a download link? Everybody likes Blackbirds.

Fair point; good plan!

Also, I'd like to point out that it's very loosely based on the actual Blackbird, and not meant to be a replica. It is clipped, for aesthetic reasons, and can/will be improved.

Edited by Hammer Tech

• 4 weeks later...

Note: on the Broomstick you may want to replace the tanks with smaller liquid fuel only tanks- on my version it uses modified Sceppie's Minipack RCS tanks that hold 15 liquid fuel each; brings the weight down to 1.5T. Also my version has a radial reaction wheel system from a telescope mod; you may want to add something similar (not necessary but helpful).

For the Korvid: use action groups! Probably want to use Stage lock while using it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.