[0.23] DC Aerospace v1.0.5 (RERELEASED- MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

EsvDefcon

What do you want to see next?  

1. 1. What do you want to see next?

• Satellite (Probe) Cores
    • Science Modules
    • Fuel Production (Renewable Resources) System
    • Engines
    • Utility Parts (Solar Panels, Etc.)
    • Satellite Parts (Compact Modules)
    • Aesthetic Parts (Make Your Satellites Look Nice)

Ok, the first satellite core is now fully functional, with everything you need to design a great probe! This core is the first in the "Voyager" series of probe cores, which are all based around 1.25m part sizes. Please check the spaceport for further info :)

Ok, we've now made up another 2 satellite cores. We should have the "Voyager" range of cores (medium-sized) ready soon :) We will also be working on a huge range of satellite parts, so you can build advanced probes for your space program.

why does the link in spaceport say "Buy now!" instead of "download now!" you need to fix this cuz i thought i had to PAY for this mod... but i didn't :)

Hmm... I'm not sure, for me it says, "Download Now!". It may vary for different people, but I wouldn't know if it's an error on my part, or just with the Spaceport :)

That is an error with Spaceport, becoause the site it is based on is primarily for purchase of digital items, not downloading stuff for free. It won't actually affect your download, and it will still be free, but it does pop up sometimes by accident.

We are planning on making this mod based around ISRU and setting up a orbital and planetary Infrastructure, and if you dont want the Hyperium parts there will be alternatives in the end.

More on this in the future.

Edited by Deathsoul097

Next update coming soon- radial fuel tanks, new satellite cores, and more!

i'm no modder but i am quite the hacker and "thingamagiger" as i'm called.

i've made 3.75 (3.5M in my own words) tanks, fuelgentanks and also a 3.75m hyperion engine. (once again i'll gladly give you the redone config files to the person who made this if he/she/kerbal wants them :) )

the engine i put up to 20000 thrust and laughed as it got reentry effects going out of the atmosphere.

i haven't really done anything properly with the fueltank and gentanks just basicly uped the rescale value and doubled the mass, amount of fuel it can hold (and for the generators) amount of fuel it can produce plus how much electricity it uses.

once again if you want the configs for em i'll happily give em to you. i was just messing around TBH.

oh the tanks seem to not really fit the other 2.5M tanks (like novapunch or KSPX) and the engine isn't really an exact fit for other 2.5M tanks :P

"one more thing jackie"

i'm now fiddling with the configs yet again to produce 1.5m tanks, generators and engines.

next i'll be making generators for the B9 pack but i can't release them do to copywright.

anyway just message me if you want those configs. i'm always happy to be a pain... err i mean a help... i think...

EDIT: oh one thing i've noticed... it's not a "cheat part" if you don't use it and i've used it and STILL can't get off kerbin. so no cheat.

Edit2: what about radial engines? and also smaller engines so they can fit into staged rockets.

Edited by AntiMatter001

We are sorry for not replying to you earlier, Antimatter, but we have all been quite busy over the last few days, and Defcon didn't have the time to read throught the thread. We will have to respectfully decline your offer of help for now, but your findings into the parts have been noted. Thank you for that, currently, most of the parts in the mod are WIP or placeholders, including Hyperium itself. Just for fun, I think I will show people the new GRE I have been working on:

VERY WIP, COMPLETELY UNFINISHED. IT DOES LOOK A WHOLE LOT BETTER RIGHT NOW THOUGH, THIS RENDER IS A FEW DAYS OLD.

OsUNJRJ.png

It will have ~1500 thrust, and it will have a greater weight and size in comparison to the current engine. I am also working on a more squat, multi-nozzle engine with gimballing and an increased atmospheric efficiency, loosely based on RD0240.

you could at least say "no thanks" to my anoucement

Apologies about this, I haven't had time to read through the the entire thread so I have just been posting replies today- I've also just noticed that Deathsoul has answered this question for you, and I would also like to thank you for your interest :)

Yeah, we are working on everything a lot, and most of the textures are going to be redone. Some of them will stay, some of the parts will be removed, and lots of new parts will be introduced, and as we make more we will get better.

well, if you guys dont mind I can try making a better texture :blush:

Yeah, we are working on everything a lot, and most of the textures are going to be redone. Some of them will stay, some of the parts will be removed, and lots of new parts will be introduced, and as we make more we will get better.

if so i'm renameing the generators and keeping them. took me forever to get them the size i wanted them :P and no probs it'sjust i thought you guys were just doing this mod cuz you felt like it and didn'treally care about your forum link/post/fans

well, if you guys dont mind I can try making a better texture :blush:

Right. I will have to talk to MetalMouth and Defcon before saying anything on this, but no doubt they will want to see what you can produce. ^_^ I will send them a message, and see what they think. Please do keep in mind though, that we are constantly working on this, and our texture artist (MetalMouth) will probably be working on everything a little as time goes on. I think he wouldnt mind the help though.

if so i'm renameing the generators and keeping them. took me forever to get them the size i wanted them :P and no probs it'sjust i thought you guys were just doing this mod cuz you felt like it and didn'treally care about your forum link/post/fans

0.o

What would give you the impression that we didnt care? We have even talked about scrapping hyperium at one poin, because of the amount of hate it got in another thread. Everyone only does mods because they feel like it (It's not like we get paid or anything.) but we do care about what people think. If we didn't what would be the point?

Poll Results- We have received a lot of requests for aesthetic parts, along with utility parts, science modules, and satellite parts. We will, therefore, aim to merge these ideas into aesthetically-pleasing satellite parts, which can be used as utility parts, and/or science modules. Thanks for your valued feedback :)

Poll Results- We have received a lot of requests for aesthetic parts, along with utility parts, science modules, and satellite parts. We will, therefore, aim to merge these ideas into aesthetically-pleasing satellite parts, which can be used as utility parts, and/or science modules. Thanks for your valued feedback :)

Oh, since you'll be doing aesthetics, can you maybe do a simple attachable mission flag part? If that's not too much of a problem that is.. :rolleyes:

As you can see, the mod has been re-released, and is now under a new name. We will be working around building up a mod similar to NovaPunch, adding in a variety of parts rather than focusing on one thing. Expect a lot of updates.

Exactly, we're going to be changing our current models for the probe cores for much nicer, new ones- I've just finished up two new cores (one of them very similar to the Hubble Space Telescope), so I'll be updating soon with new parts.

for any one need it here the rt2 mm entry for probes.

@PART[satelliteVoyagerLance]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

IsRTCommandStation = true

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive

OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER

{

PacketInterval = 0.3

PacketSize = 2

PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

}

}

just copy and add another entry for other probes.

parts look nice even thou only using the probe cores right now.

Thanks for the info, and if you're enjoying the probe cores then by the way I've just finished two new ones (image of Galileo probe is on first post of thread), and one is also a science module (based on the Hubble Space Telescope)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.