The struggles of 0.17

Penguinhero

I read about the game in the earliest versions but the cartoony graphics put me off ("Pfffft! I have a REAL aerospace engineering degree! This stuff is just silly.") I was still intrigued by the premise and when 0.19 came out on Steam, I picked it up after all. I was hooked immediately and spent weeks mentally kicking myself for waiting so long.

.15 here. Had the demo all of half an hour before I purchased it outright. I've loved seeing this game grow. I'd buy it again tomorrow, and in fact have roughly 4 times to pass the love of space onward.

Sadly, I did not think to keep the first couple versions I played but now I'm archiving them as they come out.

http://i.imgur.com/FftELCo.jpg

I have every paid version on my HD. Playing 0.14 right after playing 0.23 really gets you discombobulated. :)

KSP was the best $7 I've ever spent.

I started in 0.18.4 (the unity update), and have been here ever since. I remember the old space center, the old ramp-less runway, the launch tower, the older kerbin (after 0.18 but before 0.21), the "light shining through the planet" bug, etc, etc. I think it's safe to say I'm an experienced ksp player (still trying to learn transfers, though).

I played a little bit around when they introduced strut connectors... This was before there was the mun or even map mode. The game was free and all you could really do was go straight up and see how fast you could go. Forget what version that was. I stopped for a while then actually bought the game at 0.20.

I'd been keeping an eye on it for awhile finally took the plunge last Dec but didn't start playing until a few days ago...sorry I procrastinated, still it's nice to see the progress that's been made...bodes well for the future.

I started in .20. So relatively new but old enough to have seen some pretty big changes. I would have joined when it first hit Steam, but I had glanced at it and thought it looked too cheesy/childish. I'm not sure if I've ever been that wrong in my life! I've *only* got 150 hours into it and have barely scratched the surface of what's available. I played nonstop for the first couple weeks before work took too much time. Then I started a let's play, which has ironically decreased the amount of time I play!

Let us reminisce about the days before the Mun, when the atmosphere was a brick wall and when the dark side of the planet was a death sentence to try to land on. Does anyone else remember the days before 0.12? Granted, I only knew them for a week or two before 0.12 came out, but it's still where my KSP adventures began. Good times...

My first KSP session featured no Mun, no persistence, no rotating Kerbin, and landing on the night side of the planet meant your capsule exploded for no good reason. Despite its shortcomings then, I still managed to get to orbit in a few tries, and I've stuck with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.