Guys I need some ideas on what to do now.

fcdrifter13

I have been playing KSP for a while now and i recently just took a long break at the end of .22 til now. I am looking for some ideas on what to do now. I play with some mods, KW, Interstellar, KAS and kethane. Today was my first day back and I am really liking the new additions to the interstellar mod but now i need some ways to utilize it in a useful way. I have been thinking of building an Alcubierre Tug to run some kethane to and from the jool system but that seems a little bland to me today. So KSP tell me what to do and I will either try to vid cap it if my comp will allow, or do some imgur albums of my adventures.

Obligatory pretty pic. Mad props to ZZZ these new models are amazing.

NftFVf1.png

Edited by fcdrifter13

My current goal is to build a special type of base, so I will recommend that you build a special type of base. I won't dictate what stipulation you put on your base, but I will forbid you from doing a couple of things:

1. A bunch of modules landed next to each other is NOT a base!

2. Horizontal sprawl is prohibited.

Have fun!

EDIT: That was post number 700 for me!

hm...

i think...remote tech adds a lot of fun to the game

to figure out an easy working way to make a communication relay under the science constraint is pretty fun.

the furthest omni antenna is 3.0Gm.... with which... you actually cant make a 3 probe relay at the geostaionary height with just the omni atenna. (you need ~3*root(3) Gm range to make the probe <>probe communication)

- plus the 3Gm Omni atenna is indeed pretty deep down the tech tree,

-------------

for the interstellar mod,

you probably may want to build a station with it.

it has tons of stuff to play with

(station>> research the upgrades) / (station + antimatter refinery>>warp)

Edited by lammatt

My current goal is to build a special type of base, so I will recommend that you build a special type of base. I won't dictate what stipulation you put on your base, but I will forbid you from doing a couple of things:

1. A bunch of modules landed next to each other is NOT a base!

2. Horizontal sprawl is prohibited.

Have fun!

EDIT: That was post number 700 for me!

2wjL94M.png

Example A.

Ok well i started using remote tech, and I may have to do something differently with these they are generating a ton of heat so i may have to add on of those folding radiators. I have run out of time to play today though and the network is only half way done around kerbin. Each probe has its own reactor and generator, and propulsion and if they work right will be my comm satellite to place around each planet, plus they just look nifty.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Build mini cities on Mun interconnected with KAS-marked roads. Colonize Eeloo, build a space station 500km away from the sun, build a mining operation on Moho, build something that can leave Eve, etc etc.

All kinds of silly things you can do.

Hmm well something is a miss, i got back on for a minute to show my brother what i was working on and all of my sats have been destroyed, or are spinning uncontrollably for some reason..........

That's a Remotetech 2 bug, most likely. Quickload and delete the duplicate craft that were just magically (and frustratingly) created. Consult Nightcrawler for future tips on how to avoid this.

Install "Better than starting manned" in a new copy of the game..and play it (I use some small mods with it, like mechjeb for readouts (no auto piloty stuff) etc..but still) it is a whole new game experience in Career and it is - to say the least - hard. Very hard. I have played KSP with BTSM in the last month for more hours than I did for KSP-Vanilla (with other mods) for the last year combined..because BTSM gives me challenge, which I was missing from the normal game lately (as I was on a level to routinely build designs good for duna/eve landings in about 10 minutes..) ..now I actually have to think, and work hard for my success..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.