[1.3] kOS Scriptable Autopilot System v1.1.3.0

erendrake

Is there methods for access to part's properties\switchers? E.g. acces to max thrust of some engine, or toggle some ledder. But not via action groups. Or can i use more than 10 action groups? Action Groups Extended mod provide up to 50 Ags! Also, if you want to make something awesome with infernal robotics, 10ags is'nt enough :(

Some basic information about specific part types (engines, docking ports, ect) are available now. (eg http://ksp-kos.github.io/KOS_DOC/structure/engine/index.html )

* AGX integration is in the works

* Getting/Setting part fields and buttons and such is in the works.

sorry to be vague on timing.

only thing missing from that list is RT2 integration :) Well IR too but I see you popped in to that thread. Actually I'm not really sure any deep RT2 integration is needed for kOS. For example if we tell a part to deploy via the part setting, then unless kOS sends the command directly, it should be intercepted as normal by RT2 and handled properly. But it would at least be nice to access signal delay and connection status.

two terminals is great. But one of them stops running if > 2.5km between Vessels.

I've tried to launch 2 SSTO at once.

Sweet and thanks for the video! That is all about how KSP loads craft, but luckily you can change the default load distance with

SET LOADDISTANCE TO <WHATEVER YOU WANT>.

and your craft should stay loaded longer than they normally are.

only thing missing from that list is RT2 integration :) Well IR too but I see you popped in to that thread. Actually I'm not really sure any deep RT2 integration is needed for kOS. For example if we tell a part to deploy via the part setting, then unless kOS sends the command directly, it should be intercepted as normal by RT2 and handled properly. But it would at least be nice to access signal delay and connection status.

I had been waiting for them to have another release, now that is done i need to get back to this.

Sweet and thanks for the video! That is all about how KSP loads craft, but luckily you can change the default load distance with

SET LOADDISTANCE TO <WHATEVER YOU WANT>.

and your craft should stay loaded longer than they normally are.

Thanks for answer, but ...

It did not work. :(

PRINT LOADDISTANCE
SET LOADDISTANCE TO 5000.
Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

It seems, type conversion needed.

I'm not programmer so may be wrong.

Thanks for answer, but ...

It did not work. :(

PRINT LOADDISTANCE
SET LOADDISTANCE TO 5000.
Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

It seems, type conversion needed.

I'm not programmer so may be wrong.

Well that is annoying

I'll be happy to provide info but...

I'm noob.

Where are stored the logs ?

KSP itself did not crash, only one CPU unit stops.

If you would please do the following:

1. Open KSP

2. Run your double SSTO script

3. Once one of the scripts stops at 2.5km, exit KSP

4. Open KSP.log from the root of your game folder and copy the contents into a pastebin http://pastebin.com/

5. share the new pastebin url in this thread.

was it on quicksave/quickload?

I've had this bug too, it wasn't just on a quickload/save for me, but also when I went to the space centre and loaded up the vessel from the Tracking Station. And no I'm not using MM to add the module or using kOS as a root part.

Might want to check if this is a bug relating to RT2 integration since I'm running that (I'll check again at some point whether my vessels disappear without RT2 integration being enabled in the config file but its late atm for me to start testing).

For now though I've gone back to the previous version as well.

I've had this bug too, it wasn't just on a quickload/save for me, but also when I went to the space centre and loaded up the vessel from the Tracking Station. And no I'm not using MM to add the module or using kOS as a root part.

Might want to check if this is a bug relating to RT2 integration since I'm running that (I'll check again at some point whether my vessels disappear without RT2 integration being enabled in the config file but its late atm for me to start testing).

For now though I've gone back to the previous version as well.

This is a bug we introduced in 14. We have an issues in github and we are going to track it down.

Thanks everyone for the report!

https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/239

Yup, happens with a regular load (from KSC screen) or quickload. And it happens even if the kOS Processor is NOT the root part, and happens without adding kOS processors to command modules. My command module is my root part and I don't add kOS processors to them with MM (at least not since v0.12). Also, I do not use RT2, so this is likely not an RT2 integration issue.

Reddit user "NPShabuShabu" said he had submitted a commit that would fix it.

Well that is annoying

If you would please do the following:

1. Open KSP

2. Run your double SSTO script

3. Once one of the scripts stops at 2.5km, exit KSP

4. Open KSP.log from the root of your game folder and copy the contents into a pastebin http://pastebin.com/

5. share the new pastebin url in this thread.

Sorry for false report.

I've totally noob and just forget to "enable" TT Never Unload part on my vessel.

TT Never unload part DISABLED

PRINT LOADDISTANCE

TT Never unload part ENABLED

PRINT LOADDISTANCE

Short video with 2x Stock Aeris + TT NU + KOS

So it's not KOS issue but my fault.

However, it would be nice, to control load distance directly from KOS.

by command "SET LOADDISTANCE TO XXX"

This is a bug we introduced in 14. We have an issues in github and we are going to track it down.

Thanks everyone for the report!

https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/239

Loading/saving has *always* been unreliable with kOS for me. *Always*. kOS attempts to put the computer back into the same exact state it was in when the vessel went on rails, by reloading the program from disk, putting the instruction pointer where it was, and restoring all the variable values to what they were. That system has never worked for me, and has always been prone to throw exceptions that cause the ship to get truncated. I'm in the habit of turning the kOS computer off before saving the craft to avoid the problem. I'm not 100% convinced that 0.14 introduced the problem. It might have just exposed an existing problem.

For those who found the problem, is it only quicksave/quickload that does it and regular save/load still works? That would be really weird because they're both the same exact system just using a different filename to store the persistence file.

Edited by Steven Mading

For those who found the problem, is it only quicksave/quickload that does it and regular save/load still works? That would be really weird because they're both the same exact system just using a different filename to store the persistence file.

Loading and Quickloading could both cause it to happen (although seemingly randomly). But once it happened to a craft, that craft was stuck that way no matter however you loaded it from that point on, until you roll back to kOS v0.13.1 at which point the afflicted craft would be whole again.

Loading and Quickloading could both cause it to happen (although seemingly randomly). But once it happened to a craft, that craft was stuck that way no matter however you loaded it from that point on, until you roll back to kOS v0.13.1 at which point the afflicted craft would be whole again.

That's weird because I had the exact same problem back in 0.13.1 so I didn't see it as a 'new' bug when I saw it in 0.14. I was like "yeah but that's always been that way - that needs to be addressed eventually".

That's weird because I had the exact same problem back in 0.13.1 so I didn't see it as a 'new' bug when I saw it in 0.14. I was like "yeah but that's always been that way - that needs to be addressed eventually".

Were you adding kOS processors to command modules via Module Manager? I know doing that in the last few versions of kOS could cause ship parts to vanish.

Were you adding kOS processors to command modules via Module Manager? I know doing that in the last few versions of kOS could cause ship parts to vanish.

No. Really pretty much *any* exception during the loading process causes parts of the ship to vanish. KSP doesn't protect itself against exceptions when loading PartModules, and it just quits wherever it got to so far at that point when one of them throws an exception - leaving the rest of the vessel unfinished. It's a bit frustrating because it's a very common symptom of just about *any* problem during the loading process, so often totally unrelated problems get reported as the "same" problem because users see this same symptom as the end result of several completely different problems.

Would it be possible at some point to add a command that allows us to get the number of seconds a body takes to rotate once about its axis against a fixed point? It'd be helpful for precise landing scripts :)

Yes,

https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/commit/d07f0368916fb4535695e07db29599566d6d2fa4

It will be in the next release. Anything else?