[1.3] kOS Scriptable Autopilot System v1.1.3.0

erendrake

How well does this play with RemoteTech 2? Do you need to maintain connection for the script to continue executing? Or can it go on it's own after signal loss?

Oh, and thanks for supporting this mod I've always wanted to try.

I think the currently released version doesn't use yet RT, but the latest changes I have submitted to erendrake do. Basically it works like this:

1) You must have an active connection to KSC (not a command station, but actually to KSC), in order to access the Archive volume.

2) In order to target another satellite, the active vessel must have a connection to the desired target through the RT network. When listing targets, only those with a valid connection will be shown.

3) The active vessel must have some connection in order to interact in immediate mode

Presently, I think if a program is running and you lose connection, then it is halted, even if it was running locally. I'm going to be looking into this, and there is an open ticket for it. You can see that here:

https://github.com/erendrake/KOS/issues/8

I cannot find a tutorial on such basic functions as saving programs. How can I perform them, or where can I find one?

-Duxwing

You create a new program, or edit an existing one, with

edit programName.

Once done, in that editor screen just press F5 to save it.

Cilph Like's to force us to us RT2 fight computer but KOS should be the same as RT2 flight computer.

Nothing is forcing you to go one way or the other. Personally I never use RT's computer. Its hard to use.

The mod is great but, the flight computer not so great and don't know why he can't give kos the same command as the flight computer.

EDIT KOS is a flight computer and your not going to type all you need to type for a maneuver node before you lost connection so your going to run scrip you planned out like real life

and RT2 should kill kos because it lost connection.

Edited by Mecripp2

The mod is great but, the flight computer not so great and don't know why he can't give kos the same command as the flight computer.

I'm trying to understand what you are saying. What does the RT flight computer do that you can't do with kOS?

I been trying to find the changelog for this new release and I haven't been able to do it could you please point me in the right direction? I'm a big fan of K-OS so I'm pretty pumped about this release.

Also a quick question is there a way to check for engine flameouts? I use realfuels and I have to set a crap-ton of variables for all the fuels to monitor them to stage properly since the variable stage:liquidfuel doesn't help me. Monitoring a enfine flameout it's probably the easiest way to flag for staging I think. please let me know and thank you for the hard work.

I been trying to find the changelog for this new release and I haven't been able to do it could you please point me in the right direction? I'm a big fan of K-OS so I'm pretty pumped about this release.

Currently the only official release is from erendrake. You can check on GitHub for notes I guess, but I don't think he posted any actual change log.

Also a quick question is there a way to check for engine flameouts? I use realfuels and I have to set a crap-ton of variables for all the fuels to monitor them to stage properly since the variable stage:liquidfuel doesn't help me. Monitoring a enfine flameout it's probably the easiest way to flag for staging I think. please let me know and thank you for the hard work.

I think you will be very interested in keeping an eye on my "Realism" version, as I will be integrating all the goodies from Realism Overhaul and that includes Real Fuels. The ability to monitor fuel flow is definitely on my list. As is ignition status.

EDIT KOS is a flight computer and your not going to type all you need to type for a maneuver node before you lost connection so your going to run scrip you planned out like real life

and RT2 should kill kos because it lost connection.

Why should RT2 kill a script that is running because you lost connection? as long as the files are being run locally on the craft it would take a command to stop them. which you cannot issue because you lost connection.

I have been really slacking on documentation :P its on my todo list to refresh the changelog and everything else. I have prepared an abbreviated changelog with my pre-releases https://github.com/erendrake/KOS/releases

Razark can you post a tutorial of how to do that please?

There's not currently a way to do it. Currently, you open a kOS terminal in KSP, edit and run commands/programs there.

I'd like a way to, in either (both) an external program or over a network connection, connect to kOS and interact with it as if I was using the terminal window in KSP.

There's not currently a way to do it. Currently, you open a kOS terminal in KSP, edit and run commands/programs there.

I'd like a way to, in either (both) an external program or over a network connection, connect to kOS and interact with it as if I was using the terminal window in KSP.

You can edit files in the Archive from an external editor. The Archive is located in <GameFolder>\Plugins\PluginData\Archive\

Sweet, as long as you can keep running the program (after it's already been executed and you've lost connection) then kOS would be great. I'm just not sure about the whole targeting another vessel will only work if it has connection as well - maybe make this configurable?

You can edit files in the Archive from an external editor. The Archive is located in <GameFolder>\Plugins\PluginData\Archive\

Right, but it's rather hard to tell notepad to execute the program or issue commands that are then executed. I have to switch back to KSP for that.