Yet another question.

Souper

A few were assigned by Squad (the company that makes KSP) -- certainly, the very first ones, but the rest were all chosen from the forum users, to the best of my knowledge. It has happened in the past that they would allow people to submit their own applications whenever there are openings, but as far as I have seen recently, all nominations are done internally by already-assigned moderators. Admins are a bit of a different piece of the pie, and I'm not 100% sure how that goes, myself, but at a guess I'd say they're the few who were probably approved by someone directly involved with Squad.

There are a few other positions -- Global Moderators (blue-names) have a few extra privileges, and they're just moderators who've been around a while and are level-headed enough to be considered for promotion. Some Globals are also Admins -- I think, for example, sal_vager has a blue-name, but he's an Admin in addition to being a global moderator. Rowsdower is our current Community Manager, and he's directly assigned by Squad. He handles the general PR and works with the moderation team. There will be a few people with Administrative access that you'll rarely (or almost never) see around, as well; those folks are on Squad's payroll, to the best of my knowledge.

All forum staff have to be 18 or older, as we have to legally agree to a NDA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.