[1.1.x] CoolRockets! Cryo and Launch Particle FX

sarbian

Do you like it?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• No. It slows down my machine at launch. I need my CPU cycles elsewhere.
    • No. I don't like the engine effects.
    • No. I don't like the tank effects.
    • Yes. I especially like the engine effects.
    • Yes. I especially like the tank effects.
    • Yes. It even runs smoothly.
    • What is this all about?
    • I'd like to use this in my mod.
    • I'd like to contribute somehow.

If I unzip the KHM and KHM-CR zip's into my KSP install I get a bunch of extra (empty) directories from the KHM-CR zip and KSP crashes on load

So I deleted all that

Then unzipped the KHM and extracted only the CoolRockets folder from the KHM-CR zip to my GameData directory, and it works

I have installed the newest version, however I don't have and cyro effects on the enginesm just the tanks. I also have Hotrockets installed, could this be the reason? is there a way to get both working?

So it seems to work now, but only if i toggle it one while on the launch pad. shouldn't the effect be on by default? also the right click toggle lables don't show any names. only "toggle" so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Edited by T.Lancer

If I unzip the KHM and KHM-CR zip's into my KSP install I get a bunch of extra (empty) directories from the KHM-CR zip and KSP crashes on load

So I deleted all that

Then unzipped the KHM and extracted only the CoolRockets folder from the KHM-CR zip to my GameData directory, and it works

The empty directories have been a glitch on my side. It should be better now. I cleaned those out. Sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

There is a bit to much stuff in the Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets_2.0.zip.

Yep... should be fixed now. Sorry!

I have a suggestion. would it be possible to add the cyro effects to the Launch clamps? perhaps also the ones from FASA? since some of the clamps would act the fuel supply while filling, these umbilicals would also be covered in ice.

you can see the effect in this video:

Hi, i really love the look of this mod, very good...but i have absolutely no idea how to install it...may be a bit thick...sorry.

in each folder are 2 zip folders..2..2.01...which one do i use please...also in the install decrip on page 1 it says at about .4...delete the klockheed martian base folder....whats that!....also have about 7 config files for kw rockets...where do they go please.

one confused kerbinaut here....please help.

thanx

sam

Hi, i really love the look of this mod, very good...but i have absolutely no idea how to install it...may be a bit thick...sorry.

in each folder are 2 zip folders..2..2.01...which one do i use please...also in the install decrip on page 1 it says at about .4...delete the klockheed martian base folder....whats that!....also have about 7 config files for kw rockets...where do they go please.

one confused kerbinaut here....please help.

thanx

sam

Same sam,I dont know either :(

I will do my best to explain how to install this.

1) Go to the Dropbox link and download the 2.0.1 zip file inside the Klockheed Martian folder (use the newer version).

2) Download the Cool Rockets zip file (I assume you want Cool Rockets). If you have other mods such as the SSE, then you will need those zip files as well.

3) Delete any pre-existing Klockheed Martian folder (this is what it means in step c of the instructions).

4) Extract the files within the zip files downloaded in (2) to the appropriate locations.

I am not sure if there is an up-to-date .cfg file for the new version of KW Rocketry (2.6c).

Edited by Darkblade48

I decided to add the effects to the launch clamps myself. Isn't very hard.

http://i.imgur.com/ccw2rS9.png

download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rczgthu31643a5i/stock_extended.cfg

place in GameData\Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets\

edit: I've added FASA umbilical tower support:

http://i.imgur.com/qtkggy9.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/krjv062d662m44i/stock_extended_v2.cfg

Edited by T.Lancer

Where we download "Cool rockets" folder pls? other than Klockheed_Martian folders.... i am lost...

1) Go to the Dropbox link and download the 2.0.1 zip file inside the Klockheed Martian folder (use the newer version).

2) Download the Cool Rockets zip file (I assume you want Cool Rockets). If you have other mods such as the SSE, then you will need those zip files as well.

3) Delete any pre-existing Klockheed Martian folder (this is what it means in step c of the instructions).

4) Extract the files within the zip files downloaded in (2) to the appropriate locations.

KW configs aren't working in 24.2 yet - I'm willing to update them myself but AFAIK the engine part names and sizes haven't changed at all AFAIK. Im not sure what to change to make them work (or maybe they're only broken for me?)

Edited by Lying_C4k3

This looks like a really nice mod, at least on the screenshots, but I don't get any prelaunch effects. D:

I copied that "Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets" folder into the "GameData", I have the newest version of ModManager, but those effects just don't come out to play with me.

Edit: Nevermind, that was just me being dumb and a not so thorough reader. I forgot to add the base mod. It works now and looks great.

Edited by Sigmar

I'm not sure if it is a know bug, but there is an issue where engines have a fairing/shroud on at all times. After some help from Reddit it was identified that the problem came from CoolRockets. Simply removing the "CoolRockets" folder from gamedata fixed the problem.

Here is the problem I was experiencing:

KSP_x64_2014-213-19-01-24-94.png

Mod versions:

Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets_2.0.1.zip

Klockheed_Martian_2.0.1.zip

Other mods that I had installed:

http://radleygh.com/images/explorer_2014-213-19-01-56-25.png

KW configs aren't working in 24.2 yet - I'm willing to update them myself but AFAIK the engine part names and sizes haven't changed at all AFAIK. Im not sure what to change to make them work (or maybe they're only broken for me?)

They're broken for me too.

I'd like to propose something to the creator of this mod.

As you know, once the rockets' (liquid or solid fueled) thrust is cut to zero, they don't release any gas. But what happens in reality both with SRB separation and liquid fuel stages? They lose a great deal of their thrust, but they still release something.

space-shuttle-discovery-final-mission-solid-rocket-boosters_33026_600x450.jpg

Apollo_11_first_stage_separation.jpg

KSP users can dump the boosters while they're still working, but that often results in them bumping into the vehicle and destroying it, not to mention it's wasteful.

I think this would be a nice little addon to your mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.