[1.1.x] CoolRockets! Cryo and Launch Particle FX

sarbian

Do you like it?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• No. It slows down my machine at launch. I need my CPU cycles elsewhere.
    • No. I don't like the engine effects.
    • No. I don't like the tank effects.
    • Yes. I especially like the engine effects.
    • Yes. I especially like the tank effects.
    • Yes. It even runs smoothly.
    • What is this all about?
    • I'd like to use this in my mod.
    • I'd like to contribute somehow.

Mild bug to note here. The cryo effects stop when launch clamps disengage, not when engines fire.

Now, with my launches for the Fourteen Flags series, I've been lighting engines before launching and it shows.

Also the ice effects don't seem nearly as strong or as long lasting as they should be. MOAR ICE!

And this does look really frickin awesome.

Speaking of 'Ice lasting as long as they should be'

Why not base it on the altitude from the launch pad? As long as it is in that low altitude, ice could continue falling.

So no matter how slow or how fast you are, the ice is consistent.

Doesn't sound quite right. I think that ice should continue falling for (for example) 20 seconds after launch. After all, it's the vibrations in the rocket that make the ice get loose.

The ice definitley needs to be longer. I decouple, and it's gone in a second.

Yeah I agree. In fact, gone in less than a second. Currently the ice effects only last 0.5 seconds!

runningTime = 0.5 // stop x seconds after launch

I changed this value in the cfg to 7.0 for the appropriate tanks. Big improvement.

Can you make something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/40bGScU.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/migw2w8.gif

nothke made that one (second has more effects)

Nothke is still working on this so you know :D

Hi, guys, I just wanted to say that Sarbian and me are working on the Particle Overhaul project, that will not only include pad smoke that I posted on reddit, but a bunch of other previously unseen features that are on our list. We will publish it as soon as we have a reliable and optimized enough plugin. Hope the wait will be well worth =)

So for some reason, pre-launch effects aren't working? Ice falls off the rocket after launch, but nothing/no cryo visible from the enginges before or after... Any help? Installed mods are Deadly Reentry Continued, Chatterer, BTSM, and now Hotrockets (Though this happened beforehand...). Cheers for any help :)

Edited by mattcooperkay

Would that be possible to have it check with RealFuels? Just think of how awesome it'd be to have the effects automatically applied to cryogenic fuel tanks and appropriate engines... :)

YES... This is great. It looks great. Please continue your work on it and get it to work with all tanks and engines....

Good stuff......

Is there a tutorial on how to add these to different fuel tanks and engines? Is it just a simple config edit and what do I put in the config?

You basically extend the existing config file with the things described in the top post. Either you edit the actual config files (for your own plugin) or you use modulemanager. If you like, you can send me your module manager config and I'll include it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.