[1.1.x] Kerbin Date Calendar Redux (Version 1.5)

nuclearping

• 1 month later...

Any chance you could upload your mod to KerbalStuff.com ? I would love to have it indexed by CKAN for ease of installation / updating, but having it on kerbalstuff or even github would make our work soooo tremendously easier :)

Actually there is one thing lost here in the discussion of Kerbin days; 6 hours is Kerbin's sidereal day (rotation relative to "fixed space"; in real life, one will use very distant objects like stars to measure this). Kerbin's solar day is slightly (~50.8s) longer; the effect is that sunrise and sunset times would actually vary throughout the Kerbin year.

Earth time is based on Earth's solar day; Earth's sidereal day is shorter (~23h56m4s).

edit: Oops, responding to old posts...

Edited by Spheniscine

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just FYI, I saw this in KSP.log:

[LOG 01:56:34.646] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Calendar' from assembly 'KSPCalendar'
[LOG 01:56:34.678] Parsing double
[LOG 01:56:34.678] Parsing rect
[LOG 01:56:34.678] Parsing rect
[LOG 01:56:34.678] Parsing string
[LOG 01:56:34.678] Parsing string
[LOG 01:56:34.678] Parsing bool
[EXC 01:56:34.684] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction)
KSPCalendar.Calendar.Awake ()
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
GameDatabase:StartLoad()
LoadingScreen:Start()

• 2 weeks later...

This should only happen once when you start the game. And it shouldn't have an impact on the functionality. The plugin still works, does it?

I'm probably need to modify the Plugin for 1.0 anyway. So I will have a look at this later then. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
54 minutes ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

I'll just say that this mod was great back when it worked, and as the developer no longer seems to be available, it would be great if someone could take over. It is licensed under CC after all.

Do you think there is any way to make it compatible with the latest KSP version? This mod would be a great addition for my YouTub series!

9 hours ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Depends. What exactly doesn't work?

It does not even show up... Everything is installed correctly (im also using like 30 other mods) Toolbar is up to date but Calendar is sadly not there...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.5.2016 at 6:22 AM, nathan1 said:

Since this has a CC license I've updated the code for KSP 1.1 here. No new features/functionality.

Thank you very much for keeping it alive.

Fortunately for me, I'm quite busy with some RL work projects since last year and also haven't been playing KSP for quite a while. So unfortunately for this mod, I don't have much time and energy left to spend on getting back into C# and Unity stuff.

I already had some ideas in the past, like a part which you can put on a probe and deploy it on a surface and it will tell you the time on that spot, etc. Maybe I will get some time later this year when the biggest workloads are off.

Until then, I updated the OP and the title with your link.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.