Your Opinion On Dark Chocolate?

xoknight

I don't like it. Some people sense bitterness a lot more than others (it's genetics). I'm one of them.

For the record, I like nutella.

Nutella is not chocolate because it doesn't contain enough cocoa. It's a hazelnut spread with addition of chocolate. But it tastes so, so, so good. :cool:

Occasionally i get in a cacao purist mood( as labelled by friends) , don't touch anything with less than 70%. I think its a sign of a good chocolatier when they can make anything over 85% that is still smooth and palatable to dark chocolate/bittersweet fans and even more so when dairy milk fans can enjoy it too. I have been trying a product here in Australia, probably in other places too, that is a chocamine extract. Not really sure if i'm totally down with it as it has quite a strong "amino acid" after taste. Opinion wise - dark chocolate is real chocolate! jk

I love dark chocolate, but I seem to be very sensitive to theobromine (and caffeine) because anything more than a few bites of dark chocolate (>70% or so) makes me feel anxious and hyperactive, and makes my heart race. So I tend to only eat it in very small amounts.

Pure milk chocolate (like the plain bar Hershey's makes) is the only one that actually meets the definition of chocolate.:D

Dark chocolate, my god.... In my opinion, you might as well fertilize a field with it :huh:

Samuel Hershey or whatever his name was (brain fart) deserves to be the chocolate god.

I want a chocolate bar so bad right now...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.