Sign in to follow this  
xoknight

Your Opinion On Dark Chocolate?

Dark Chocolate is awesome!

But I never met a chocolate I didn't like. :rolleyes:

I like all chocolate. All of it. Theobromine. Purr.

Dark depends on what mood I'm in. The really dark 80%+ stuff is really meant either for cooking with, or very slowly enjoying. It's all good though.

Now gimme!

Milk chocolate is dark chocolate with sour-tasting milk mixed in.

Maybe if you buy Hershey's bars.

Cadbury's UK recipe on the other hand.. nom.

You should try eating dark chocolate with a banana(preferably cold, but not so cold that your teeth hurts).

It tastes amazing, oh and nutella's disgusting.

I don't like it. Some people sense bitterness a lot more than others (it's genetics). I'm one of them.

For the record, I like nutella.

Nutella is not chocolate because it doesn't contain enough cocoa. It's a hazelnut spread with addition of chocolate. But it tastes so, so, so good. :cool:

Occasionally i get in a cacao purist mood( as labelled by friends) , don't touch anything with less than 70%. I think its a sign of a good chocolatier when they can make anything over 85% that is still smooth and palatable to dark chocolate/bittersweet fans and even more so when dairy milk fans can enjoy it too. I have been trying a product here in Australia, probably in other places too, that is a chocamine extract. Not really sure if i'm totally down with it as it has quite a strong "amino acid" after taste. Opinion wise - dark chocolate is real chocolate! jk

It just coats your mouth with bitter, sour sauce.

Maybe it's because of different raw material. Not all Nutella is the same. Some countries get worse versions of the same product.

I love dark chocolate, but I seem to be very sensitive to theobromine (and caffeine) because anything more than a few bites of dark chocolate (>70% or so) makes me feel anxious and hyperactive, and makes my heart race. So I tend to only eat it in very small amounts.

Did somebody say CHOCOLATE?

Yes sir! with or without nuts?

(But in all seriousness I think dark chocolate is to bitter, milk chocolate is great though, especially the milkyway :cool: )

Pure milk chocolate (like the plain bar Hershey's makes) is the only one that actually meets the definition of chocolate.:D

Dark chocolate, my god.... In my opinion, you might as well fertilize a field with it :huh:

Samuel Hershey or whatever his name was (brain fart) deserves to be the chocolate god.

I want a chocolate bar so bad right now...

I love dark chocolate! Below 99% it's just regular milk-chocolate (which I love too) :D.

It's good...but a lot better with chilly. LINDT (best chocolate brand in the world) has amazing dark chocolate with chilly.

Also good: Melt it and dip fruit in it...chocolate fondue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.