[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Update

Just got the first version today in game. We've got a lot of bugs unfortunately. All of the bugs are related to RPM and the IVAs. Unfortunately a lot of the bugs are really tedious ones like getting the Kerbal cams right. Some bugs require rebaking of assets, while others require reconstruction in some places.

I was hoping for an earlier release, but after checking everything today it seems it will be a while. I don't want to spam the thread since I don't want it to become a development thread.

My apologies for the delays, if only you guys knew how frustrating this is. Fortunately the ISS Style large panels are working perfectly in game now (I had to reanimate them differently). The SST is still giving us issues.

There's nothing to apologize for, man. I think everyone in this thread is appreciative that you're continuing to work on this mod at all, no matter how long it may take between updates.

Take your time and keep up the amazing work!!

Could You possibly hit us with a list of the tentative parts for phase 2 or maybe an album of pics like you did at the beginning to hold us over during the wait?

Edited by mostlydave

Can it carry 2m parts like a Rockomax tank?

I need to know.

No, it can't unfortunately, and that's the problem with all these shuttle mods. They're made so that they work with the same radial sizes as the stock parts, but the truth is, the stock 2.5m parts should go inside the shuttle bay, as that's the whole point. If you make a 2.5m shuttle, it can only fit 1.25m parts. It's really saddening.

The Thirtieth of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions and 26th Flight of the Tenacious! STS 130's objectives are to deploy the KSO Eve Space Station Starboard Solar Truss, return to the KSC Runway, and perform the transfer to Eve!

The construction and deployment missions run STS 123 through STS 130.

Most of the footage is shown in 8x speed for quick viewing.

STS 131 will deploy the Duna Scout Base Core Module!

This is not regarding the dark ADI and HUD bug (I'm aware of that one already). I'm trying to hunt down the causes.

Has anyone experienced this bug? The ADI turning blue when ever you select the Orbital display on an adjacent MFD?

98Px7QV.jpg

Show of hands if anyone else is experiencing this bug specifically. @Antimatter and @Westi29, I'm already aware of the dark ADI/HUD bug and I'm experimenting with some solutions. This is just specific to the blue ADI bug.

Drag and drop these files into

%/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSO/RPM/Ghost

Essentially replacing the textures you have with this one. This also contains a CFG that puts 1% opacity into the HUDs.

http://www./download/dj72ktbcawint2d/KSO_HUD_fix_2.zip

Are you using an Nvidia graphics card by chance?

[edit]My bad, it didn't color shift properly, try fix 2 linked above and screenshot your result.

Edited by helldiver

This is not regarding the dark ADI and HUD bug (I'm aware of that one already). I'm trying to hunt down the causes.

Has anyone experienced this bug? The ADI turning blue when ever you select the Orbital display on an adjacent MFD?

-snip-

Same Story Here Guvn'r

CkT1c0s.jpg

No, it can't unfortunately, and that's the problem with all these shuttle mods. They're made so that they work with the same radial sizes as the stock parts, but the truth is, the stock 2.5m parts should go inside the shuttle bay, as that's the whole point. If you make a 2.5m shuttle, it can only fit 1.25m parts. It's really saddening.

Well, it is called a "Mini Shuttle" (says so right there in the title). I kinda thought that was the whole point. :P

Not exactly sure how it makes sense to expect something 2.5 in diameter to contain something 2.5 in diameter. Even assuming paper-thin walls were a good idea for a re-entry vehicle, how would you get anything into/out of the cargo bay with zero clearance?

Either way, spend about five minutes in Notepad and you can make anything fit anything, if you so desire. :)

http://i.imgur.com/98Px7QV.jpg

Show of hands if anyone else is experiencing this bug specifically. @Antimatter and @Westi29, I'm already aware of the dark ADI/HUD bug and I'm experimenting with some solutions. This is just specific to the blue ADI bug.

I have experienced this bug. I used to run only the KSOS mod plus my custom parts. Then I read up on the RPM thread and saw all the different projects making use of the plugin and decided to check out Mechjeb, ScanSAT, ALCOR, ATM (for seeing if DDS was supported), KJR, along with RPM. Then I started experiencing this bug. I did not have the problem before I installed those other plugins. I also started experiencing intermittent texture problems on the dropdown navball UI (a flat grey would hide the SAS and RCS lights) on the orbital screen. The HUD is still green though.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

I have experienced this bug. I used to run only the KSOS mod plus my custom parts. Then I read up on the RPM thread and saw all the different projects making use of the plugin and decided to check out Mechjeb, ScanSAT, ALCOR, ATM (for seeing if DDS was supported), KJR, along with RPM. Then I started experiencing this bug. I did not have the problem before I installed those other plugins. I also started experiencing intermittent texture problems on the dropdown navball UI (a flat grey would hide the SAS and RCS lights) on the orbital screen. The HUD is still green though.

That's odd, as I have the same mods with zero texture issues regarding the displays.

@Westi29 and @AntiMatter and anyone else running Macs that are having the HUD not showing up or is black as well as the ADI.

http://www./download/rjedt1anjdd0e52/HUD_ADI_Fixes.zip

Please download this hotfix and take a screenshot of your result.

This is a manual install and assumes you know what you are doing:

Navigate to, Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSO/

Delete the folder RPM

Extract the archive (HUD_ADI_Fixes.zip). Place the RPM folder from the archive into Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSO thereby restoring your RPM folder.

You cannot simply overwrite the RPM folder with this one, you have to delete it so that KSP uses the right textures.

-Changes:

-Replaced PNGs with TGAs. Will see if there are issues with the PNG format I'm using.

-Changes to the ADI display to have better contrast on the ladder as well as moving the RPM information so that it doesn't sit on top of the speed and altitude tapes.

Please take a screenshot of your result.

Note, this will not fix the Blue ADI bug

-The blue ADI bug is linked to the Orbital display and may be a bug with the RPM renderer as users have experienced it with other RPM features (outside the KSO). This bug is benign and to make it go away all you have to do is cycle the MFD to another page and then back to the ADI.

-This bug is linked to using the same prop name. In the future we will export all the screens as independent props. The reason I know this, is because the bug occurs on the ADI which is really just a retextured HUD. The HUDs don't suffer from the bug because they are separate props from the six screens. Yet the six screens tend to affect one another with the bug when you turn on the orbital display and flip an adjacent screen to the ADI page.

-I will try and squeeze the fix in before version 2.0 of the KSOS, but we'll see how the schedule goes.

Edited by helldiver

-The blue ADI bug is linked to the Orbital display and may be a bug with the RPM renderer as users have experienced it with other RPM features (outside the KSO). This bug is benign and to make it go away all you have to do is cycle the MFD to another page and then back to the ADI.

-This bug is linked to using the same prop name. In the future we will export all the screens as independent props. The reason I know this, is because the bug occurs on the ADI which is really just a retextured HUD. The HUDs don't suffer from the bug because they are separate props from the six screens. Yet the six screens tend to affect one another with the bug when you turn on the orbital display and flip an adjacent screen to the ADI page.

-I will try and squeeze the fix in before version 2.0 of the KSOS, but we'll see how the schedule goes.

That might explain why I never noticed it until I installed other mods/plugins.

BLUE MFD BUG GIF

That's odd, as I have the same mods with zero texture issues regarding the displays.

I'm not sure what your point is. Different hardware can have different and or no problems. I don't have the black HUD problem. I'm not calling out others on it just because we have the same mods/plugins.