[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I know it's still a WIP but do you have a memory size so far you could give us? Or an eta till you'll have the 25 out? I only ask cause I may have to remove some current mods to make room and I'd rather not get any new ones only to find out the 25 takes me over the mem limit.

Not a lot really. At most maybe 20mb, it's too early to say. But you will definitely need to have ATM running if you don't already. Almost to the point where ATM is required in order to run the KSOS.

I have the bare minimums installed: KSP Stock, KSOS Phase 2. I'm running out of memory on occasion... With the KSO 25 added, I'll definitely be crashing on load up. I think right now I'm only off by like a single 2mb file (one of the alternate spacesuits).

So, even I will be running ATM.

Going to be doing some marathoning today, will try and do a stream later in the evening.

Sorry, I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard. Seriously though, that is just gorgeous. The flaps and cargo bay interior in particular look great, and I like that the moon roof can handle an octagonal docking port. Can't wait to see the textures after more fine-tuning and this bad-boy fully assembled including engines.

Now, just as a side question, will this update include an IVA for the station docking module? It's kind of the only crewable module that lacks one.

WIll it be able to hold 2m parts?

The Super 25's cargo bay is just slightly wider than the KSO's stack mounting shroud, If I remember right that base of that shroud is something like 2.6 meters in diameter. In addition the Super 25's cargo bay can fit nearly 2 and a half of those shroud bases length wise, so the bay is just about 5.2m in length.

Roughly the size of a FusTek module then? I hope so atleast I would like to build a station with the 25 rather than rocketing up sections at a time.

Possibly... I havent compared the shroud base to a FusTek module.

Since you're using Firespitter, any chance of adding sound and spark effects to the wheels? I'm currently testing this on the CSS, and this adds a lot to the experience. You can add sounds to the payload bay, too (dunno about flaps, but since that's Firespitter, too, it can be possible). If you use Firespitter sounds (seems to work well enough), it's just a matter of a config edit.

I use atm and I run

KSO

KAS

KSPI

Mechjeb

Proc. fairings

American pack by bobcat

B9

chatterer

editor extension

Gerdin atmoshperics

Kethane

magic smoke

OLDD--> dennys Saturn V

SCANsat

Science alert

Ship manifest

TAC fuel balancer

VGN

MKII cockpit IVA

Targetron

and all the fixin's for the mods listed, i/e firespitter yatta yatta the plugins you know.

My ksp loaded runs a little over 2Gig memory, Gamedata folder is at 1.94 Gig.

Maybe you are pushing an older computer too far IDK, but IMO you should be ok.

Can someone tell me where this truss is from? it looks like KSO but i can't find it...

The Truss you circled is not my artwork, so it can't be from KSOS.

Woodstar

I already use the txt manager pack. With it my gamedata file is 1.5gb. That's with just the KSO mod and nothing else. It's a fairly large mod even with trimming.

KSO is just 439MB installed. Dunno why it would be that high. I'm not cutting anything, I'm adding more stuff. Use ATM, if you're experiencing issues still, otherwise you might not want to use this mod since it is resource intensive. Desktops and Laptops with less than 2gb RAM will have issues.

Since you're using Firespitter, any chance of adding sound and spark effects to the wheels? I'm currently testing this on the CSS, and this adds a lot to the experience. You can add sounds to the payload bay, too (dunno about flaps, but since that's Firespitter, too, it can be possible). If you use Firespitter sounds (seems to work well enough), it's just a matter of a config edit.

No sir. Features of the KSOS project are locked in. Definitely something for the future. Nazari has been experimenting with such effects. EWBCL needs to be released already, I'm far behind as it is and I'm not going to waste time experimenting with new features.

New Album comparing the two. WIP still!

Javascript is disabled. View full album