[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

There were plans for a reusable Energia rocket (completely reusable, not just partially). One of those were called Energiya-Uragan, which would make the four LRBs capable of flying back to launc site and land on a runway, and the same with the main stack - they'd simply stick modified Buran wings onto the Energiya.

I know. But as it stands the first version of Energia (the kind that carried Polyus and Buran) was completely expendable.

Thank you.

I believe there was a misunderstanding. I'm not making Energia from Buran. To make the Energia boosters and design, would take too long for the amount of time I have available for this project. This project is already taking way too long as it is. Energia type boosters are also 4x more complicated to balance than the KSO Lifter 2 LRB+EFT design.

The design of the Super 25 lifter's boosters are inspired by Energia in looks only, but not in function.

I prefer not to split the lifter up into sub-components for the following reasons:

-If you want a lifter that comes in parts (cones, bottom end, mid section), download any number of awesome mods that provide that. Adding yet another EFT, SRB, LRB parts kit is a waste of my time.

-It makes it difficult for Nazari to balance properly since you end up with fuel in various sections all being used up in different ways complicating things significantly.

-We have enough complaints in this thread from people not even able to fly the stock KSO that comes in the download... the thread would fill with complaints about a multi-part LRB/EFT solution that doesn't function well for them.

-This project isn't designed to cater to advanced KSP users. I'm trying to target folks that want a shuttle that's easy to use and is an addition to gameplay content that doesn't become a chore on its own.

Hope that clarifies things.

perhaps a nice middle ground would be to simply leave a properly sized node/flat spot on the bottom of the not-Energia and leave it up to the player to make it work beyond that, if they so choose? As you said, there's plenty of engines & tools out there to make it work for not-you who wants to invest the time.

Myself, I'm still pouting for a shuttle-C variant XD

Love the look helldiver!!! It looks perfect!! Only could you maybe change the EFTs color to orange? Looks a little to like clean to me being all white. Or if possible make the body orange and the nose cone white? Again looks a little to like odd being all white.

Work in Progress

http://i.imgur.com/GJUfCt1.jpg

That looks great so far. I had a question. Is it possible to incorporate the booster seperators into the part to make them one piece? The only problem I ever had with the original KSO was getting the boosters to seperate reliably from the external tank without shearing off the KSO's wings. I finally just made a custom EFT with welded panels in place to prevent the boosters from contacting the wings. Simpler and more reliable for me than the seperatrons. I dunno. Just an idea.

Love the look helldiver!!! It looks perfect!! Only could you maybe change the EFTs color to orange? Looks a little to like clean to me being all white. Or if possible make the body orange and the nose cone white? Again looks a little to like odd being all white.

It's untextured (hence white).

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

It's untextured (hence white).

Actually, even when done, it's meant to be white-ish and gray. The looks (though not function) are inspired by Energiya-Buran.

Actually, even when done, it's meant to be white-ish and gray. The looks (though not function) are inspired by Energiya-Buran.

I understand. However it is still untextured so it could end up being whatever color Helldiver wants.

Would people asking for alternate textures please sitdown, smile, have a coke and STFU (thankyou Richard Prior for that phrase) just incase we do get a fuchsia and gold version rather than the boeingalike texture.

Please helldiver could you maybe add an orange option for the tank? It just looks very sterile and kinda out of place with the rest of the textures. Other then that I love it!!!! Only question I have is are the boosters two side by sides? Or one single one just cut to look like two? Can't tell from the pic

Would people asking for anything other than what he's doing with HIS project please sitdown, smile, have a coke and STFU (thankyou Richard Prior for that phrase) just incase we do get a fuchsia and gold version rather than the boeingalike texture.

Fixed that for you. Great work Helldiver.

Please helldiver could you maybe add an orange option for the tank? It just looks very sterile and kinda out of place with the rest of the textures. Other then that I love it!!!! Only question I have is are the boosters two side by sides? Or one single one just cut to look like two? Can't tell from the pic

That's a textureless model. There seems to be no normal map nor is there a texture yet. Hence it being a work in progress.

-This project isn't designed to cater to advanced KSP users. I'm trying to target folks that want a shuttle that's easy to use and is an addition to gameplay content that doesn't become a chore on its own.

<---Target audience very much appreciates this! :)

The 60th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 160 is the 16th flight of Rebellious. STS 160's objective is to deploy the Laythe Space Station Core! Jeb and the Rebels weren't happy about being phased out in favor of the KSO Super 25 EWBCL and have permanently moved the mini shuttle program to Laythe!

The Laythe Space Station Construction Missions run STS 159-STS 170 and uses the Phase II KSO Station Parts!