[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Hey helldiver will this be hosted on curse or will you have your own link to a Dropbox version? And is the latest version of the KSO on curse or in Dropbox only?

See the first post in the thread for where you may download it currently. The spaceport link is apparently dead and redirects to curse.com. It did not show up in a search on that webpage. The mediafire link on that post is still working though.

OK - I think I may have found an incompatability with this mod and another very popular one, namely the Environmental Visual Enhancements mod. Specifically, the higher resolution version doesn't seem to play nicely with the cockpit add-on mod to this Mod.

No matter what I did, or if I had just those two mods running, the game would crash for me. I'd be happy to send someone my error file if they wanted to look at it. KOS works just fine with the lower resolution version, just not the higher one.

Anyway, it was the cause of several of my problems. Easily fixed, but I think it might be related to some kind of file being accessed by both mods. Or maybe not. I don't know. I'm a noob.

Thanks for reading :)

OK - I think I may have found an incompatability with this mod and another very popular one, namely the Environmental Visual Enhancements mod. Specifically, the higher resolution version doesn't seem to play nicely with the cockpit add-on mod to this Mod.

No matter what I did, or if I had just those two mods running, the game would crash for me. I'd be happy to send someone my error file if they wanted to look at it. KOS works just fine with the lower resolution version, just not the higher one.

Anyway, it was the cause of several of my problems. Easily fixed, but I think it might be related to some kind of file being accessed by both mods. Or maybe not. I don't know. I'm a noob.

Thanks for reading :)

Memory related. I'd stake my Kerbal's life on it. You don't need to offer to show your error file btw. You should already have it hosted somewhere (dropbox is a good choice) and the link provided. That way, people could already be perusing it right now and you could already be getting a definitive answer.

But it probably is memory related. There's only so much mod you can stuff in there before something breaks.

If you haven't already, get the active texture manager: it will compress and shrink select textures and free up memory: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005

If the lower resolution EVE mod works and the higher one does not, you are running out of memory and active texture reduction will solve the problem.

I look forward to when KSP can use more memory.

Knowing Helldiver he's probably just getting into the boring details that aren't really "update" worthy at this point. I seem to recall the same thing happening a few times with the other phases.

Patience.

My god, he doesn't post in a week and people are already getting ready to write an obituary :P

Im surprised people havent started to as "Is this thread dead?"

Knowing Helldiver he's probably just getting into the boring details that aren't really "update" worthy at this point. I seem to recall the same thing happening a few times with the other phases.

You hit the nail on the head and broke the hammer and the nail.

The other problem which goes along what you said, is that most folks on here don't know what they are looking at. So it confuses people further or they start making suggestions which slows me down. Suffice to say, I've been working all week on the interior.

Helldiver, are you going to make a KSO 375(3.75M) after the super 25? Or are you going to do some more station parts to go with the Super 25?

If you are doing another shuttle, do you have any plans on designs or is it still in the concept stages?

If you are planning a bigger shuttle, may I suggest a x-33 design, the Armageddon movie design with SRBs on the top and a belly cargo bay instead of a top hatch cargo bay, this, or this

Helldiver, are you going to make a KSO 375(3.75M) after the super 25? Or are you going to do some more station parts to go with the Super 25?

If you are doing another shuttle, do you have any plans on designs or is it still in the concept stages?

If you are planning a bigger shuttle, may I suggest a x-33 design, the Armageddon movie design with SRBs on the top and a belly cargo bay instead of a top hatch cargo bay, this, or this

I dont believe either of those things are likely to happen.

Lol can we get the Super 25 first before you start suggesting another one?! However that shuttle would be awesome. I think unfortunately I recall helldiver possibly in one of the twitch streams saying that he didn't even expect to make the Super 25 but so many people were requesting a bigger version to fit stock and KSO station parts that he felt compelled to make the super 25 just fyi.

Lol can we get the Super 25 first before you start suggesting another one?! However that shuttle would be awesome. I think unfortunately I recall helldiver possibly in one of the twitch streams saying that he didn't even expect to make the Super 25 but so many people were requesting a bigger version to fit stock and KSO station parts that he felt compelled to make the super 25 just fyi.

I was just asking if he was going to do future plans for KSO. I'm sure all of us would like to see this mod continue to get new stuff, but if he says he has no future plans for it, then that's oaky too.

BTW, which shuttle are you talking about? I put four of them up.

I was just asking if he was going to do future plans for KSO. I'm sure all of us would like to see this mod continue to get new stuff, but if he says he has no future plans for it, then that's oaky too.

BTW, which shuttle are you talking about? I put four of them up.

Oh I didn't click the links I just read the X-33 from Armageddon. Those are really cool (however unrealistic) shuttles.

I don't doubt that, I suppose what I meant was what they did with them in the movie was unrealistic. I am more of a Deep Impact guy and I suppose I like "The Messiah" more. If I had any modding skills at all the first thing I would work on, would be making a messiah. Especially since the ARM update.