[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Very Nice! The Super 25 is coming along, quick question though. Will the Super 25 come with a stack mount like the KSO does??? I'm currently testing a build where the KSO is the final re-entry stage, just wondering if a similar setup is doable on the S25....

So I just noticed this on the first post:

"3.02 *Currently being tested internally*

-Added: KSO 25 Decoupler.

-Updated: KSO 25 Fuselage to accept nosecone artwork

-Updated: KSO 25 Nosecone artwork."

What's this nosecone artwork you speak of?

So I just noticed this on the first post:

"3.02 *Currently being tested internally*

-Added: KSO 25 Decoupler.

-Updated: KSO 25 Fuselage to accept nosecone artwork

-Updated: KSO 25 Nosecone artwork."

Sounds very interesting, whatever it is.

syMGHLm.jpg

Probably consolidating multiple textures onto one sheet.

Yup pretty much. The original Nosecone didn't have that stuff on it. It was just a nosecone lid like the KSO standard has.

Will the new KSO support a hatch in the nose, or is this a fixed nosecone?

I believe it's fixed (maybe). I remember seeing in one of his streams that the nose on the S25 is too narrow for the small port. Besides, it's got the Mun door port!

http://i.imgur.com/syMGHLm.jpg

Yup pretty much. The original Nosecone didn't have that stuff on it. It was just a nosecone lid like the KSO standard has.

Ah OK. This reminds me of the strut satellite I showed you. I like it. The changelog language had me thinking it was something else. Thanks for sharing a screenshot of the new S25 nosecone and for answering my question.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Will the new KSO support a hatch in the nose, or is this a fixed nosecone?

Unless its changed, the nose cone is fixed in place and the area where the nose cone is is too small for a mini docking port.

Unless its changed, the nose cone is fixed in place and the area where the nose cone is is too small for a mini docking port.

Exactly.

There is no mounting anything in the nose. If you don't put the nosecone you'll have RCS problems.

KSO EWBCL RCS Module

Murika Superstellar Inc.

Installed just behind the radome, the KSO EWBCL features a forward RCS module to help balance the craft during translation. Integrated into the nose is the EWBCL's flight computer, reaction wheel, and SAS.

I use the KSO Main tank and boosters on my other "Shuttle-like" Craft, I just use a surface attack node thingy and attach it onto the side (bottom) of my craft. Then I just hook up the large main tank, add the boosters and test to see if I have to use a fuel line or not with my design. Sometimes I can get away without adding one on it, but most times I need one.

I've also used the boosters for other rockets, I enjoy the ability to chain link them with fuel lines and only drop a pair at a time once they all pull from the top most tank in the fuel line chain. I've been experimenting with trying to use the main tank in the rocket design but I've yet to find a good one.

I Really like the work on this mod, and hope that it keeps going, Maybe even having a few large cargo hold pieces for both shuttles that are longer than what is already out/planned, As with maybe other pieces that can be placed between the cabin and the cargo-hold, or the cargo-hold and the engine mount. Something to make this Shuttle system a bit more adjustable.

Damaske

Question: When I'm in space, I generally don't like the control surfaces moving around, and typically disable them. I'd like to do so via action group, but I can't assign those functions to action groups. Could you make those actionable on the Super (and is there some way I could easily make them actionable on the regular)?

well shuttle replacements like shuttle-C or side mount cargo would be the two best with this mod as it requires less part all that needed is the engine block and the fairings for both the benefits is more cargo can be carried and no need to fly the shuttle back but shuttle-Cs engines are recovered slice capsule pods to be reused. i think they should be the next part of the of the mod

Question: When I'm in space, I generally don't like the control surfaces moving around, and typically disable them. I'd like to do so via action group, but I can't assign those functions to action groups. Could you make those actionable on the Super (and is there some way I could easily make them actionable on the regular)?

i don't think thats posable at this moment of time unless a plugin is developed but i don't think he can code one

yea but the tanks and engines are good to i think if the tanks had stack nodes and faring to make them look smoother then you could make diverted rockets

You do know that there is a node on the bottom of the ET? You can just attach a tri-adaptor or even just a straight engine to the bottom, and Voila, launcher. And the shape of the ET wouldn't work with a top node, as it ends in a point, unless Helldiver pulls some trickery with fairing nodes and models, or uses the new FS Model changer.

As I understand it, this functionality requires a plugin, so no, he can't.

You do know that there is a node on the bottom of the ET? You can just attach a tri-adaptor or even just a straight engine to the bottom, and Voila, launcher. And the shape of the ET wouldn't work with a top node, as it ends in a point, unless Helldiver pulls some trickery with fairing nodes and models, or uses the new FS Model changer.

As I understand it, this functionality requires a plugin, so no, he can't.

i know also i realised about the sidemountings unless he uses the fairing codeing on that it wont look right

hey i have a suggestion why not use the new texture plugin that firespitter has so you can change the chrisaning names

AFAIK, Helldiver said no to this way, way earlier. (FS Texture Swapper is quite old news, TBH.) He said he didn't want you to have to load up loads of huge HD texture files just to change the name of the shuttle.

Also, you should be a bit more careful with how you are posting. People don't appreciate Double Posts, and it clutters the threads, and if you do it enough, the Moderators get involved. There is an edit button on the bottom of your post that will allow you to retype or add to what you have already posted. Just a word of warning.

AFAIK, Helldiver said no to this way, way earlier. (FS Texture Swapper is quite old news, TBH.) He said he didn't want you to have to load up loads of huge HD texture files just to change the name of the shuttle.

Also, you should be a bit more careful with how you are posting. People don't appreciate Double Posts, and it clutters the threads, and if you do it enough, the Moderators get involved. There is an edit button on the bottom of your post that will allow you to retype or add to what you have already posted. Just a word of warning.

ok i'll keep it to mind

that's what decals are for.

name area would be blanked with another quad over that area that has the (much smaller) name texture.

it's not rocket science.

(sorry... I couldnt resist... game about rockets... and... )

ok i'll keep it to mind

Both the KSO and the KSO EWBCL will eventually support custom flags, but not names.

The KSO EWBCL "Super 25" you see in the past few posts will not support flags on release. But shortly after release I'll add the flag objects and such. Names however, are not possible.