[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

The Ascension had two small red arrows pointing to a couple panels just above the cockpit. What is that?

is a cover for the docking port. witch i've been wondering about does it fit the stock docking port or the docking port from phase II or is there one built in?

is a cover for the docking port. witch i've been wondering about does it fit the stock docking port or the docking port from phase II or is there one built in?

Standard sized, Phase 2 KSO docking port.

So if I understand correctly, we're going to need to have at least the original KSO's thrusters installed (for the secondary orbital thrusters). And, presumably, the low profile station docking port. Are there any other external dependencies (to the Super 25) I didn't catch?

Some size comparison shots in game:

http://imgur.com/a/C6gNp

That is absolutely glorious... When I get my hands on that thing, it will do amazing stuff... Satellites being deployed, space station construction can finally resume, high profile practice missions... You and Nazari are creating a beautiful machine. I can't wait to get my hands on that thing.

Is there any plans for a Phase IV? Like, 2.5m station parts or something?

I believe not - in the stream, Helldiver said the Super 25 is more for *other* peoples' parts, both stock and from other mods (as well as complex Phase II designs that don't fit in the KSO). If you want 2.5m station parts, FusTek has a lot of great options, and there's a texture pack that has KSO-styled textures for it.

WOW That's Giant!

Anyway did you fixed clipping gear?

Not quite, but should be taken care of shortly. Part of our delay getting it to the testers was rewiring the landing gear using a different method and a plugin related bug which we had to squash (it's what was causing KSP to crash/or not allow you to recover a KSO/KSO 25).

All the other bugs mentioned in the stream have been squashed and corrected. CSE's and wings now snap to node so much easier. Nazari has done an outstanding job getting it in game and with all the awesome smoke effects. We still have the engine gauges system to tackle, but Naz will look into it while the testers and I go back and forth on any other bugs and flight profile issues.

So if I understand correctly, we're going to need to have at least the original KSO's thrusters installed (for the secondary orbital thrusters). And, presumably, the low profile station docking port. Are there any other external dependencies (to the Super 25) I didn't catch?

Aside from Phase 2 Docking Port (Standard) you'll need the KSO's Omnimax 40T's

Edited by helldiver

I believe not - in the stream, Helldiver said the Super 25 is more for *other* peoples' parts, both stock and from other mods (as well as complex Phase II designs that don't fit in the KSO). If you want 2.5m station parts, FusTek has a lot of great options, and there's a texture pack that has KSO-styled textures for it.

The KSO texture pack for FusTek is gorgeous. Can NOT wait for the super25. You are the man Helldiver!

want phase 3 ,so awesome work,

i have a question though, is there gonna be an adapter or somethinhg between stock (or non stock) ROUND shaped parts and your station parts, i never really use parts from one particuler mod, i make combinations.

i would also like to know if your docking parts can work on stock or other mods docking modules?

Thanks

Not quite, but should be taken care of shortly. Part of our delay getting it to the testers was rewiring the landing gear using a different method and a plugin related bug which we had to squash (it's what was causing KSP to crash/or not allow you to recover a KSO/KSO 25).

All the other bugs mentioned in the stream have been squashed and corrected. CSE's and wings now snap to node so much easier. Nazari has done an outstanding job getting it in game and with all the awesome smoke effects. We still have the engine gauges system to tackle, but Naz will look into it while the testers and I go back and forth on any other bugs and flight profile issues.

Aside from Phase 2 Docking Port (Standard) you'll need the KSO's Omnimax 40T's

THX for info.

Is there any plans for a Phase IV? Like, 2.5m station parts or something?

There are a couple parts that don't fit in the original KSO, such as the six-way octagonal hub. There is no need or point for a scaled up set of habitat or lab parts since the original pull it off just fine at their current sizes. Helldiver has mentioned though he may put together a rover and a Mun lander (that fit in the original KSO) and there is already a stair truck model done for the Super 25. However, I missed that stream and don't know what it looks like.

In my file I added connection points to the INSIDE of the octostruts. This allowed me to put things inside them and look like there is a protective scaffolding. I think this should be made stock but its also easy for people to do themselves. I would show a picture but I've had a rash of severe crashing lately which leads to point #2.

Is there a way to package the different phases into different downloads? I've reached my memory bottleneck even with active texture management so I'm trying to cull what I can. With that, I'm more interested in the station parts than the shuttle (I like designing my own). It would save me the trouble of hunting down all the pieces and deleting them.

In my file I added connection points to the INSIDE of the octostruts. This allowed me to put things inside them and look like there is a protective scaffolding. I think this should be made stock but its also easy for people to do themselves. I would show a picture but I've had a rash of severe crashing lately which leads to point #2.

Is there a way to package the different phases into different downloads? I've reached my memory bottleneck even with active texture management so I'm trying to cull what I can. With that, I'm more interested in the station parts than the shuttle (I like designing my own). It would save me the trouble of hunting down all the pieces and deleting them.

you can search trough the files, ksp and ksp mods format is really simple, thats how i dealt with b9, i personely dislike all the over hyped stuff for that mod , so i only keep the wings, some lights, landing gear, airbreaks,intakes, and mk27 command pod becouse its usefull for asteroid missions. you can do the same for everything , deleting city lights or some other textures in texture mods or parts for the part mods that you dont use can be deleted, switching to agressive texture management (i really hate IVA with that) and low res texture mods can help.

But the main problem is, so many mods that we enjoy... it think squad should just upgrade the memory and part management of the game , i mean come on counting down all files before start,last time i saw this was a game released before 1999, very low memory limit? yes they make a great game but their abilities in programming and file code management is questionable. i am no master genius of programming and never claimed to be , but wit h the popularity and money they are getting hiring some people with expertise might help.

It would save me the trouble of hunting down all the pieces and deleting them.
you can search trough the files,

Oh I'm aware. But it means Ill have to load the game, compare the in game name to the names in cfg files so make sure I'm deleting what I think I'm deleting. But then there is stuff like internals and animations which is harder to nail down sometimes. I can do it, its not hard, just annoying. and when I measure out my ksp playtime at about 3 hours a week, I like to spend as little of it noodling as possible.

There also seems like a natural division between the phases. Since most people here have to choose what they can and cant run due to the omni present mem limit. Seems like a little thing that would help a lot of people a little bit.

Oh I'm aware. But it means Ill have to load the game, compare the in game name to the names in cfg files so make sure I'm deleting what I think I'm deleting. But then there is stuff like internals and animations which is harder to nail down sometimes. I can do it, its not hard, just annoying. and when I measure out my ksp playtime at about 3 hours a week, I like to spend as little of it noodling as possible.

There also seems like a natural division between the phases. Since most people here have to choose what they can and cant run due to the omni present mem limit. Seems like a little thing that would help a lot of people a little bit.

As far as part configs go space station parts begin with 'ss' in their config name. KSO parts have 'kso' on the end.

once your kso 25 is space worthy i'm going to test both shuttles and station parts to see if it get my seal of approval at the moment its looking good but i ned to see it with the bigboy too