[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Surface attach a radial parachute to the LRBs. However parachutes might affect how the LRBs separate.

Thats exactly what I do, but it would be nice to have it all integrated. What I do with real chutes is delay the release of the parachut for around 5s.

Haha, I'm sorry. I didn't word that properly and apologize. I meant: compared to a real human shuttle, you still have the smaller shuttle (kerbal sized). I only mentioned it because you said your shuttles were huge. And they are compared to things like a kerbal truck, but that's because kerbals are small. I imagine if we were to be placed in a version of one of your shuttles they'd be quite cramped for us. I don't know. I'm sorry for the confusion. I've seen the shots you posted of the original KSO with the interior in place and actually stumbled upon them awhile ago when the S25 was still in development. I was gonna ask you to post similar shots like you just did but forgot all about it. Thanks anyway.

Check the shots I posted afterwards with the Standard docking port from Phase II inside the S25 IVA. It will blow your mind :D

For Nazari, I put the Small Docking port from phase II over and through the chair, demonstrating how a Kerbal without a helmet could easily slip through a small docking port. Similar to the Soyuz-to-ISS port which is really small and cramped.

Check the shots I posted afterwards with the Standard docking port from Phase II inside the S25 IVA. It will blow your mind :D

For Nazari, I put the Small Docking port from phase II over and through the chair, demonstrating how a Kerbal without a helmet could easily slip through a small docking port. Similar to the Soyuz-to-ISS port which is really small and cramped.

I like to think kerbals have collapsible helmets since I never see them hanging up anywhere.

EDIT: It certainly looks like they could walk upright through those ports. Also, I agree that the port there suddenly makes everything look huge from a kerbal's point of view.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

WHat would be nice would be if both sets of boosters (KSO and Super 25) had parachutes added to them. Since it looks like 0.24 will be out shortly with the possibility of upcomming finances a retrievable booster would be a fantastic idea.

What would parachute help in this matter? If i'm not wrong, everything that is 2.3 km away from the active vessel and on crash course with a planet gets deleted anyway. Or do they change the complete mechanic?

And thanks for the super 25 . Finally i can build up my station with the Fustek parts and with a working shuttle :) Awsome.

What would parachute help in this matter? If i'm not wrong, everything that is 2.3 km away from the active vessel and on crash course with a planet gets deleted anyway. Or do they change the complete mechanic?

And thanks for the super 25 . Finally i can build up my station with the Fustek parts and with a working shuttle :) Awsome.

When parts cost money I'm sure you'll be able to recover some of that money by recovering parts. Yes parts do despawn but I think they could use something like what the mod mission controller does, when you have parachutes on your dropped parts it counts those parts as recovered.

I have a question regarding the KSO Super 25 EWBCL : Have anybody tried to launch it with the cargo bay full of payloads (ie. some tanks full of fuel) ? Maybe something like a Rockomax X200-32, Rockomax X200-8 Fuel Tank, and two large docking ports ? Because my attempt to do that failed... the orbiter runs out of fuel during circularization at 80 km orbit. Using MechJeb though, not hands.
It should be able to take that up to 80k with fuel still in the EFT.
Hmm, I have tried to launch it without the Rockomax X200-8 tank yet (with it, the payload mass is more than 20t) it's still drawing a slight amount of fuel from the payload. Had to use RCS for deorbit burn... Not sure, but it's might be just that MechJeb doesn't give me the most efficient ascent anyway.

EDIT : My ascent profile is 6.9 km start, 70 km (or 69 km) end, end angle 1°. 42.3% curvature. Give me some fine (not best) figures with standard rockets.

Now I know my problem : We can't really launch this thing with the orbiter on the top of the ET, right ?

This is a proof of concept for my cargo removal system for the KSO Super 25. It still needs some fine tuning and I need to design a space station arround it, but the first tests are promising.

nice Idea for supply missions. But how do you dock the supply container then to the station ?

nice Idea for supply missions. But how do you dock the supply container then to the station ?

The idea is have the robotic arm under the station and it will remove the cargo from the shuttle, once clear of the shuttle the robotic arm will line up for a nice and easy pick up for the SST, I tried to use robotic arms for docking but it takes twice as long (if you are lucky) then normal docking. I'm still refining the design of the arm, the Mk 5 looks promising. (I starded using dromoman parts to keep the arm relatively simple)

did you check the new Robotics parts? The look and function way better then the old ones .. have atm a shuttle arm with them

What new ones are you referring to? Do you mean MSI's Infernal Robotics rework? If so then no I'm waiting till he finishes his mod.

helldiver, any chance you could add some seperate downloads for different phases? for example; a link to download Phase 1 standalone, phase 2 standalone, phase 3 standalone. I love the mods, just I've crammed my gamedata full of other mods and I can't fit everything.

helldiver, any chance you could add some seperate downloads for different phases? for example; a link to download Phase 1 standalone, phase 2 standalone, phase 3 standalone. I love the mods, just I've crammed my gamedata full of other mods and I can't fit everything.

I second this, I've got my KSO block 7 very tweaked for my uses which would all be undone ifn I had to reinstall the whole pack to get the Super.

These are space vehicles, and even the real shuttle is cramped compared to your everyday Airliner jet.

Having just returned from the National Air & Space Museum in DC, I can confirm that. It's the sort of thing you intuitively understand, but until you actually see how small a spacecraft cabin really is, you honestly don't get the full impact.

Helldiver please please please make a separate super 25 download!!!!! I've tried trimming several different mods and removing others. Nothing I try will let me keep the super 25 and more then 2 other mods. Please I love this craft! But sadly I can't use it without crashing my game or uninstalling some of my favorite mods:(

Helldiver, i'm experiencing problems with the EWBCL: i got a problem with the centre of mass moving around eradically and has the errors: null reference excetion and !gotorigin errors.

Phase IV Truck and bus set, WIP

http://imgur.com/a/Ffe5t

To do

-Finish Bus external

-Tank

-Supply crates

-Air Stair

-IVA

Wait, since we're doing servicing systems now, why not bring back the old Caterpillar Tracks' crawler. It was canceled, and the files are now open source and partially finished. They look very alike the KSO, and would be perfect for a Shuttle Crawler. It looks like this.

And here's the post of what it all looks like.

It's got a lot of work done already, so it shouldn't be too hard (probably).

Anyway, take a look! If anyone should bring this back, it should be you guys, because it's perfect with the KSO.

Wait, since we're doing servicing systems now, why not bring back the old Caterpillar Tracks' crawler. It was canceled, and the files are now open source and partially finished. They look very alike the KSO, and would be perfect for a Shuttle Crawler. It looks like this.

And here's the post of what it all looks like.

It's got a lot of work done already, so it shouldn't be too hard (probably).

Anyway, take a look! If anyone should bring this back, it should be you guys, because it's perfect with the KSO.

That would be a great idea :D. It would be fun to drive the KSO arround Kerbin :D.