[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I just want to say that in my experience, lifting off in the KSO Super 25 with the FAR config you supplied seems to make it want to pull to one side. It doesn't fly straight, it has an affinity to pull to one side. Also, when you get to the point where you're nearing 45 degrees, the craft also likes to start rolling and pitch down even lower than 45 degrees destabilizing and causing booster separation to destroy the EFT. I don't know if you've found that in your testing.

The problem is the FAR trying to tell what is or isn't shielded by the cargo bay. It isn't consistent, sometimes it works fine and other times one or both wings are shielded and the shuttle starts spinning.

Another thing it might be: you have to set up the control surfaces correctly. With the default assignments it's very easy to lose control.

On the super 25 should the pitch trim be on or off when only using the OMS engines?

When you separate from the launch stack, you want to turn off all gimbals because the center of thrust is the shuttle itself. When using OMS, turn off the gimbal because otherwise you'll apply a slight torque and start spinning.

Yeah but neither of those logos looked right on the steering wheel at such low resolution. While the BMW symbol just popped. So in the Kerbal world, there's Kerbin Motor Works AG and they make trucks and busses also.

It seems out of place though, like it's a model from a Need for Speed game. All your other models and textures fit so well together and then there that logo on the steering wheel.

How about making it simpler than that, like a logo resembling a rocket(it doesn't have to be like the rocket in KSP logo). The Kerbals are after all species focused on space.

It seems out of place though, like it's a model from a Need for Speed game. All your other models and textures fit so well together and then there that logo on the steering wheel.

How about making it simpler than that, like a logo resembling a rocket(it doesn't have to be like the rocket in KSP logo). The Kerbals are after all species focused on space.

How much simpler than a circle can you get? It's just a logo. All the stock pods come with little more than a navball. The shuttle IVAs look decades ahead of the stock ones but that's what makes the shuttle IVAs so amazing. There are no real vehicles in KSP outside of open-cabbed rovers. Certainly nothing with a steering wheel. How can it look out of place when there's no IVA from a stock truck to compare it too?

It might just be that it's obviously a BMW logo that it looks out of place for you, so maybe if the colors were changed (like white and green) or were inverted (black and yellow) it might not seem so BMW. Although looking at BMW's site I can see that this one is a mirrored image of BMW's so the difference is very subtle.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

When you separate from the launch stack, you want to turn off all gimbals because the center of thrust is the shuttle itself. When using OMS, turn off the gimbal because otherwise you'll apply a slight torque and start spinning.

OMS need to be gimbaled. The only time they don't is on the original KSO where you could have 3 of them aligned with the CoM. When you have two high on the rear of the shuttle, they must be angled to align with the shuttle's CoM.

OMS need to be gimbaled. The only time they don't is on the original KSO where you could have 3 of them aligned with the CoM. When you have two high on the rear of the shuttle, they must be angled to align with the shuttle's CoM.

I wish there's a way that the navball heading is the line trough the center of thrust and the center of mass.

Instead of just the vehicle orientatien from docking ports.

So that when i a maneuver burn, the maneuver is performed correctly, not of centered.

That's what it would appear to me instinctively because the thrust isn't centered on the CoM. But from my testing with the Super 25, more rotation starts from firing the OMS in the gimabled position. I don't understand why though.

Can i find out if you can run this without ATM? I LOVE this mod but I cant stand the textures it reduces.

If this is the only mod your are running, you could probably not use ATM, but as stated in the OP ATM is required for this mod if you have any other mods.

Or.... you can apply the 4gb ram patch, so that ksp is able to use more than just +- 2.5 GB of RAM:http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It already should use more than 2.5GB of RAM. I've had my game consume about 3.5GB before crashing. That being said, there's an official Win64 build coming in 0.24 and an unofficial hack for Win64 support (although it's quite buggy).

On the super 25 should the pitch trim be on or off when only using the OMS engines?

ON. OMS Only = Pitch Trim 14. Regardless of what anyone says. Unless you're using some strange configuration or FAR or something that changes behavior ;D

Is there a adapter for going from the octagon station parts shape to the standard 2.5m? Ive looked through the parts and didnt see one, please correct me if Im wrong. If its not in there I would love to have one somehow! :D :D

What exactly are you looking for? Im not sure what you mean.

An adapter that goes from the size and shape of the octagon of the station parts to the size and shape of the standard 2.5m rocket fuselages. Like the Rockomax Brand Adapter 01 & 02 but for the octagon for the station parts on one side, and a 2.5m circle on the other :)

Is there a adapter for going from the octagon station parts shape to the standard 2.5m? Ive looked through the parts and didnt see one, please correct me if Im wrong. If its not in there I would love to have one somehow! :D :D

There is not. You can ask helldiver, but I believe the design intent of the station parts was that they would fit in the KSO Jr.

But now we have the super 25 Muhahahahaha :D lol Sorry got a little out of hand. Well hopefully he will read these last few posts and let us know :D

Not going to happen.

The EWBCL was designed so you could launch other 2.5m parts (like the stock station components or FusTek) with the KSO system.

Okay, so is there a solution to the exploding EFT when you separate the boosters?

I do a test separation on the launchpad and nothing bad happens, but when I do it mid-flight, the EFT always blows up and it's frustrating because the KSO doesn't have enough fuel in its internal tank to even circularize enough to survive a reentry with DRE.

Okay, so is there a solution to the exploding EFT when you separate the boosters?

I do a test separation on the launchpad and nothing bad happens, but when I do it mid-flight, the EFT always blows up and it's frustrating because the KSO doesn't have enough fuel in its internal tank to even circularize enough to survive a reentry with DRE.

What mods are you using, because the stock EWBCL Block 4 doesnt explode.