[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

No problem. Glad to hear it worked for you too.

Without a texture the part will be stark white without any sort of detail like this. It'll definitely stand out, unless of course you're running everything without textures.

From what I can gather is this an adapter to use within the cargo bay? If so deos it require a texture as simulant of a molded part?

0.24 is bringing 64 bit which will ease the memory cap for so many of us so I reckon make the part if you dont want it dont use it but it would be a nice option to have.

Maybe I'm just being dense but has any developer explicitly mentioned 0.24 would be running the 64 bit version of Unity? Just because it rumoured doesn't mean it's true.

Maybe I'm just being dense but has any developer explicitly mentioned 0.24 would be running the 64 bit version of Unity? Just because it rumoured doesn't mean it's true.

Check out last weeks dev notes. It's qouted in there.

I don't remember anything like that being done to the KSO FAR configs... wouldn't that have broken craft files?

Also why isn't the left wing affected? (or was it the right wing; I forget. I was playing around with FAR below and one wing had lift and the other didn't)

It did break the included crafts when I posted mine. I don't know of another way to fix it offhand. Again, this was WAY back when the KSO was first released, so there may have been changes under the hood since then that I'm not aware of. I haven't been using KSO in a while.

It did break the included crafts when I posted mine. I don't know of another way to fix it offhand. Again, this was WAY back when the KSO was first released, so there may have been changes under the hood since then that I'm not aware of. I haven't been using KSO in a while.

Here's another question... how the heck do you maintain a 40 deg pitch angle through max Q???? Maybe it's a problem with the FAR config or maybe it's FAR in general. How did the space shuttle do it? Or should I give up on making a KSO reentry perform like the space shuttle would?

Just noticed that in the Add-on Development section a new thing called Alternate Texture Loader has appeared. Apparently it saves more RAM then Active Texture Management. Any chance of it replacing ATM as a requirement? Then again .24 will be 64-bit on windows, so it may not be needed for long.

Here's another question... how the heck do you maintain a 40 deg pitch angle through max Q???? Maybe it's a problem with the FAR config or maybe it's FAR in general. How did the space shuttle do it? Or should I give up on making a KSO reentry perform like the space shuttle would?

I managed to get a proper reentry profile for the orignal KSO, all the way down to soft landings. Never got anywhere close to 40 degrees. Just coasted through the atmosphere in level flight, hoping I'd end up close enough to the space center to land.

I managed to get a proper reentry profile for the orignal KSO, all the way down to soft landings. Never got anywhere close to 40 degrees. Just coasted through the atmosphere in level flight, hoping I'd end up close enough to the space center to land.

well I also have DREC to worry about so angle gets more important :P

I just thought of something I'm going to try right now: going to shift CoM back 2 m when FAR is installed

FAR gets really upset if CoM is too far from CoL

I also just realized this about your config:

For the pass you should use :BEFORE[FerramsAerospaceResearch] or maybe :AFTER[FerramsAerospaceResearch] (sp?)

and a :NEEDS[FerramsAerospaceResearch] so they dont execute if FAR is uninstalled?

On the subject of mass, I found something interesting. The Super 25 actually weighs less empty than the original KSO, on top of having more wing area. That means the center of mass is probably the only real issue here. And here I was thinking it needed more lift because it'd be heavier.

Can any one tell me the name of the actual file that is the livery texture? I deleted my zip that had it by mistake but I still have the texture in the files and I want to copy it.

Making an adapter wouldn't be an issue. The problem is that, that texture has no more space. It's jammed packed already. Any additional accessories would have to have another texture. KSOS is already pushing people's stuff to the limit, I really don't think we should yet another texture sheet for something only a few people are asking for? What do you think?

Nazari has plans for stuff like that and may eventually fit parts like that in.

Now that is a good answer :D I can understand that :)

On the subject of mass, I found something interesting. The Super 25 actually weighs less empty than the original KSO, on top of having more wing area. That means the center of mass is probably the only real issue here. And here I was thinking it needed more lift because it'd be heavier.

add CoMOffset = 0,-3,0 (on KSO25_Cabin)

caveat, will affect pitch trim. though interestingly, it looks like 14 degrees now than it was before. in the SPH anyway. not flight tested YET. almost was able to take off from runway so FAR glide ratio should improve. still testing

using your FAR config that puts it just forward of CoL where it belongs on most aircraft

and sorry softweir I missed your reply as I was composing when you posted, I guess. Does what I said above hold true for the shuttle's reentry CoM? Jus before CoL? And is it ok if it's displaced a little above, do you think?

Edited by Starwaster

Can any one tell me the name of the actual file that is the livery texture? I deleted my zip that had it by mistake but I still have the texture in the files and I want to copy it.

The filename is "KSO_25.tga" but be aware that is also the filename of all the alternative names and of the original Ascension texture. Open it in an image editor to be sure.

That sounds interesting. Thing I'd most like to see is a resource extension designed like its supposed to be hung off the bottom of the station power generator, Im making do right now with 3 of the KSO aux fuel supplies, but you can sorta tell they arent station components.

Is anyone else having an issue with the RPM monitors in 3.08? They don't work in the shuttles, but they work fine in the stock capsules.

Edit: Nevermind. I was just testing them on the runway...turns out none of the components have battery power. After I slapped a battery on the side it started working fine. :/

Edited by Vladthemad

Is anyone else having an issue with the RPM monitors in 3.08? They don't work in the shuttles, but they work fine in the stock capsules.

They work fine for me. Even the MechJeb RPM functionality works for me and it did not in previous versions.

The filename is "KSO_25.tga" but be aware that is also the filename of all the alternative names and of the original Ascension texture. Open it in an image editor to be sure.

Cool thank you, will do.

I will be streaming tonight in about 15 minutes (8:30pm PST)

-Showing off the next phase IV in progress

-Note: the streams are development streams, not "lets play". So they are boring to most people. I'll be testing the new trucks and working on additional stuff going in with Phase IV.

http://www.twitch.tv/fanbus/

Cool info on the stream! I for one am interested in them, and am salivating to get my hands on the new trucks and everything.

So I've got a few more flights in with the Super25 and I've found another slight issue that's bugging me a bit. Has the electric generator been toned down from the KSO? I ask because on reentry, almost all my flights have ran out of power before I can get them down. I'm toying around with a couple theories, but it seems like SAS eats all the power trying to keep the orbiter on the perscribed angle.

Also, as a positive (well, more of an amusement, really), I run the Final Frontier mod, and have found something fun about the Super25's. They're an easy way to get the fast orbit ribbon! Every mission, save for my overloaded one, has gotten some form of the ribbon, on top of all the other regular ribbons. Some of the Kerbals service records are getting quite impressive now!