[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Im having an issue modding the KSO, basically all I am trying to do is to replace the KSO booster effects with the effects from the Super 25. From what I understand, it should be possible to tell KSP to use the new effects with the older parts, but I cant get it to work.

In the new effect, change the transformName to thrustTransform instead of flameTransform

That tutorial is an outdated version of GIMP probably GIMP 1. I use GIMP 2.

Doubtful. GIMP 2 has evolved a lot. It's possible he's just not running it in single window mode. But I do know that GIMP has changed a lot between the minor versions in GIMP 2.

Doubtful. GIMP 2 has evolved a lot. It's possible he's just not running it in single window mode. But I do know that GIMP has changed a lot between the minor versions in GIMP 2.

Well the layers are different in the version I use, so that tutorial no longer works.

That tutorial is an outdated version of GIMP probably GIMP 1. I use GIMP 2.
Well the layers are different in the version I use, so that tutorial no longer works.
The general steps will be the same though for any layer based image editing program.

Actually, use this tutorial. I finally figured out how to properly handle the alpha layer for these texture files in that tutorial. The original KSO textures don't have a problem, but if you modify the SS or the S25 textures using the original tutorial you'll get a black pixel bug unless you reduce the entire thing to a single layer before exporting. I did do some things a little more complicated than need be (like on page 12 which has a million steps but can be simplified by making a layer from visible instead of the silly bucket fill steps I outlined), but live and learn. One of these days I'll update them all so they're all the same and a bit simpler. It's GIMP 2.8, by the way.

That .bat was a great idea, if it only found the installation of KSP I want to use for the pack... I mean, its clearly NOT in the recycling bin...

Empty your recycle bin.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Yeah that was a good idea, empty the recycle bin...

Or, perhaps, make something useable? Most of us have more than one instance of KSP in our system, maybe you want to take that into account? Can you? O is it a too wide concept?

Also, a version without the script would be nice, for the people that can actually handle archives and so on...

Or, perhaps, make something useable? Most of us have more than one instance of KSP in our system, maybe you want to take that into account? Can you? O is it a too wide concept?

Also, a version without the script would be nice, for the people that can actually handle archives and so on...

Wow... that was a bit rude... he could have not made the script at all...

So, if you dont want to use the script... dont use it. It is that simple.

my google chrome is telling me 3.09 is malicious and isn't letting me DL it.

Turn off Chromes fishing filer to download it then turn it back on, its a false positive on the installer script.

Wow... that was a bit rude... he could have not made the script at all...

So, if you dont want to use the script... dont use it. It is that simple.

I did write the script. However, it is in the incorrect spot in the archive for it to function properly. It has to be in the same directory as the KSOS_v309 folder, not within the KSOS_v309 folder. I mentioned this earlier in the thread when v309 was released and when I posted the script originally.

There's only so much you can do while trying to maintain a simple script, especially since I'm no professional and I just did it to help out those that wanted it. By all means, write a better one if you're capable. I'm actually experimenting with the Inno Setup program helldiver wanted to use to see if I can make an actual installer application. I will PM it to helldiver if I can figure it out. It'll just take time. The bat script is something I'm at least somewhat familiar with so that's the route I went first. It has it's limitations. If there's more than one installation of KSP, then it'll only copy to the first directory it populates in the WI_kspdir.txt file. Also, JuanxLink, it's what? 8kb? Why upload two versions of the zip? Just delete it if you don't want it. Nobody is forcing you to use it. Please don't use it if it's causing such a headache for you and you are comfortable handling archives as you imply. I believe KSP to have a wonderful community, but when people act like this it discourages people to put themselves out there to lend a helping hand.

Seemed like the S25's RCS system has a disagreement over a maneuver I just commanded into it.

aLCfJjx.png

This was a purely yaw-right command(plus a little roll). Not translate-starboard.

Was this known?

Edited by shynung

Seemed like the S25's RCS system has a disagreement over a maneuver I just commanded into it.

http://i.imgur.com/aLCfJjx.png

This was a purely yaw-right command(plus a little roll). Not translate-starboard.

Was this known?

All the thrusters on the cabin part are linked. The game can't tell the front and the rear ones apart. Just use torque for turning, it'll give you less of a headache.

Edited by ayana

Thanks, also this n2y2qe.png any ideas? ill install a new one from the new link and tell you what happens. Looks like it mated with a goo light XD

Edit: after re installing it still dosent work?

Edit2: after renaming it to "slimdocking" it still dosent work :(:( no idea why its doing this ??

Edited by montyben101

For people that use Kerbal Engineer, you have to comment out "fuelCrossFeed = false" in the configuration file of the Super 25 booster. Then Engineer can recognize it properly.

Actually, use this tutorial. I finally figured out how to properly handle the alpha layer for these texture files in that tutorial. The original KSO textures don't have a problem, but if you modify the SS or the S25 textures using the original tutorial you'll get a black pixel bug unless you reduce the entire thing to a single layer before exporting. I did do some things a little more complicated than need be (like on page 12 which has a million steps but can be simplified by making a layer from visible instead of the silly bucket fill steps I outlined), but live and learn. One of these days I'll update them all so they're all the same and a bit simpler. It's GIMP 2.8, by the way.

Empty your recycle bin.

I have the feeling you guys have a different file then me because the layers are showing up different, can you tell me where to get the file you use when making the custom names?

I have the feeling you guys have a different file then me because the layers are showing up different, can you tell me where to get the file you use when making the custom names?

I use both the Ascension texture and the Blank texture. The Ascension texture is included in the original post on page 1. The blank texture is in the second post on page 1. In those tutorials I use GIMP to edit the textures.

I use both the Ascension texture and the Blank texture. The Ascension texture is included in the original post on page 1. The blank texture is in the second post on page 1. In those tutorials I use GIMP to edit the textures.

I figured it out on my own actually. Thanks for the help though.

Hey I'm trying to create a MM config that can find all parts with KSO in the title which do not already have Moduleheatshield or Ablativeshielding, with the intent of adding DRE heat-shielding to them. Here is the filter I am using, but there is something wrong with it. Please help!

@PART
[*]:HAS[ #title[KSO*],!MODULE[ModuleHeatShield],!RESOURCE[AblativeShielding]]:Final