[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

@Avalon

Forget "alpha" or "beta" or how good minecraft is - do you understand the concept of "early access"? The alternative is *no game until release* - yes, you are paying for an incomplete, error-ridden, unpolished and untested (to a certain extent) "game", what you get in return is a chance to be part of the development process.

Continually saying its broken and that the *entire development process* is an excuse for the devs to be lazy is really not helping with development.

This is an *unfinished* game - expecting a perfect working game just with more new features after every update is well, childish.

Expecting all of your expectations (whether or not they are realistic is another matter) to be fulfilled is well, also childish and quite self-centred.

I suppose none of the games you currently own (except for KSP) have ever had a patch released because they were all perfect on release day.

Well, heres hoping you can at least get it to run, good luck to you.

@Avalon

Forget "alpha" or "beta" or how good minecraft is - do you understand the concept of "early access"? The alternative is *no game until release* - yes, you are paying for an incomplete, error-ridden, unpolished and untested (to a certain extent) "game", what you get in return is a chance to be part of the development process.

Nuh uh!

It's tested.... that's what you and I and everyone else are doing right now :P

In fact I'm going to go get some 'testing' in right now...

Nuh uh!

It's tested.... that's what you and I and everyone else are doing right now :P

In fact I'm going to go get some 'testing' in right now...

Yes I have to go....test some software...for a few hours....no, i cant make that family function.....important umm, software to debug....yes

Back on the topic, x64 testing...

I installed the KSO mod last night for a round of testing. I found the new version more stable, as in it never crashed. I flew three flights of the original KSO and the Super25. The KSO is bugged and broke on the pad, solid boosters showed constant engine firing graphic, no power. KSO toppled over, but IVA, buttons, and such all worked fine. Super 25 launches all experienced fuel tank explosion after booster separation, but again, IVA, flight, lights, all working. I repeated this test cycle twice, once with the updated ATM and once without ATM at all. I have to admit I did enjoy running KSO without ATM for the graphic quality. Is it me or does the IVA control consoles look... different in x64? I remember the Super 25 being more glowy and the angle of cockpit view being different. Zooming in on the RPM monitors made it easy, but I get that feeling that something is different. No matter.

I presume the craft problems I had were likely my own fault. Probably wrong saved craft files from an older version. Regardless they don't concern me, the stability of running this mod does and it's night and day over a few days ago. C'mon x64! Live!

Without ATM, I experienced a new bug after returning to the Space Center. My camera is stuck very zoomed in to the center of KSC and cannot be rotated or zoomed out. Reloading a save or even switching to another save would not resolve this view issue. I doubt it is related to KSO, but I mention it for completion's sake.

Keep up the excellent work, sirs.

@Avalon

Please take this discussion to PMs

It's not helping me at all. I prefer that this space be limited to:

-Discussion, screenshots, and videos of KSOS usage

-Bug reports

-Config file fixes and sharing (such as FAR/DRE configs).

-General KSOS specific feedback.

Everything else needs to go to PMs, or its specific thread.

Back on the topic, x64 testing...

Keep up the excellent work, sirs.

Awesome!

Make sure you're using the latest blocks.

Block 8 craft file of the standard KSO, and Block 4 craft file of the Super 25.

Helldiver:

I've installed the v310 on a clean KSP installation and am happy to report it's working for me in 64bit windows with 64bit ATMv3.3. I did want to point out a couple things though. First thing I noticed was that there was no MechjebRPM or ScansatRPM folders in the v310 download. Didn't affect anything (just a "no signal" screen for SCANsat of the MFD and a "not installed" on the SmartASS) so I was just curious if that was intentional or not. Your ATM config for the KSO was also absent in v310. There was only cfg's for Mechjeb and Squad. So I just set the KSO.cfg to false myself.

Also, I noticed in the block crafts for both the Super25 and the KSO that the action groups did not match those outlined in the description of the craft files. Just figured I'd let you know. Otherwise, they both flew great and so far I've had no crashes with the latest 64bit version of ATM.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Hi All,

KSO v3.10 is running without problems for me in KSP 0.24 under Linux Mint x64 LTS on a dual Pentium 2020M 2.4 GHz laptop with 8GB RAM using just the built-in 256MB integrated Ivybridge graphics chip and a second 21" monitor. FPS isn't great but it's playable away from heavy terrain detail with tweaked settings.

And without Active Texture Management or Texture Replacer. I tried TR but it made the exhaust effects very blocky so out it went.

Only other mods installed alongside KSO at the moment are latest releases of KW Rocketry, MechJeb, KJR, SPO, EVE, Astronomers' Visual Pack and Muffler.

Helldiver:

I've installed the v310 on a clean KSP installation and am happy to report it's working for me in 64bit windows with 64bit ATMv3.3. I did want to point out a couple things though. First thing I noticed was that there was no MechjebRPM or ScansatRPM folders in the v310 download.

Aren't supposed to be. If you still have them, delete them.

RPM 0.18 keeps it's MechJebRPM.dll in JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins, where it's supposed to have been from the start but was impossible to put previously, and SCANsatRPM.dll has been merged into SCANsat proper since version 6.1, where it is feeling considerably better.

When i get the chance today I'll try to get a pic of the weird graphical glitch I seen during last bit of testing. I am running in windowed mode so not sure if that is it also. I've also made my own craft and was not using a included "block" version that came with the mod. I'll attempt to use them also as with try the KSO craft as with the super 25.

I really hope that we can pin down the issues with KSOS and 64-bit and squash em into nothingness! !

Helldiver:

I've installed the v310 on a clean KSP installation and am happy to report it's working for me in 64bit windows with 64bit ATMv3.3. I did want to point out a couple things though. First thing I noticed was that there was no MechjebRPM or ScansatRPM folders in the v310 download. Didn't affect anything (just a "no signal" screen for SCANsat of the MFD and a "not installed" on the SmartASS) so I was just curious if that was intentional or not.

As of RPM .18 MechjebRPM.dll is no longer in a separate folder and the ScanSat integration is being handled by the scansat people, so at least that much is intentional.

Aren't supposed to be. If you still have them, delete them.

RPM 0.18 keeps it's MechJebRPM.dll in JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins, where it's supposed to have been from the start but was impossible to put previously, and SCANsatRPM.dll has been merged into SCANsat proper since version 6.1, where it is feeling considerably better.

As of RPM .18 MechjebRPM.dll is no longer in a separate folder and the ScanSat integration is being handled by the scansat people, so at least that much is intentional.

Good to know. Thanks.

The supplied craft files don't work properly with the mechjeb on all command pods module manager file, quick searching has suggested this is due to a Squad bug as MM patches the configs then some Squad thing breaks them.

Obviously not expecting a fix if its a Squad bug but thought it worth pointing out in case others are affected.

Can be worked around by either creating the ship from scratch or editing the craft files in notepad to add in the correct mechjeb related modules.

Edited by Kaput

Helldiver:

Also, I noticed in the block crafts for both the Super25 and the KSO that the action groups did not match those outlined in the description of the craft files. Just figured I'd let you know. Otherwise, they both flew great and so far I've had no crashes with the latest 64bit version of ATM.

That was an oversight in my part.

I'm slowly transitioning away from the Westi action group standard. It worked well for the KSO. But with the additions of new vehicles such as the cars, trucks, heli and so on, the layout the Super25 uses seems to work a bit better for me in terms of remembering which turns engines on/off trims on/off and so on.

The Super25 layout goes:

1: Engine Channel 1 ON/OFF

2: Engine Channel 2 ON/OFF

3: Engine Channel 1 Trim ON/OFF

4: Engine Channel 2 Trim ON/OFF

5:Special Abilities

6:Special Abilities

7:Special Abilities

8:Animations and Lights

9:Animations and Lights

0:Animations and Lights

I organized them that way in order of most critical system. Although maybe 1,2 should govern engine channel 1, and 3,4 engine channel 2.. hrm...

Helldiver-

I've been looking foward to this mod for a while now. I installed it (to the best of my little KSP mod knowledge) but the parts aren't showing up in the VAB. I'm not sure if i installed it incorrectly or something is wrong. I've used both versions on the post, and the installer in version 309. The subassemblies show up, but when i try to load them, it says the parts are missing. ATM is installed with the latest version. ;.;

Thanks in advance!

Dear Helldiver,

My KSO Original Block 8 .craft file from 3.10 was the problem with my "solid" booster bug. On loading to the launch pad, the boosters would graphically look like they were firing. When launched, they provided no thrust and my KSO toppled. Manually cycling the boosters made no change to thrust or graphics. I then put a KSO booster and a probe core on the pad. The booster operated normally. My next experiment was to remove the boosters from the KSO Block 8 and replace them with "new" KSO boosters. On launchpad load, I had no graphics issues and my KSO launched normally (minus the struts, so unsuccessful). I'm not sure if this bug is related only to my machine.

Today's testing with KSO again had no crashes amd included 3 Block 8 and 2 Super 25 launches. The Super performed as expected. I really appreciate your work.

Edited by USKnight

Ive completed several test launches today (inaddition to my full mission that I posted yesterday), under x64 and when the game stays launched the KSO EWBCL launches perfectly. Havent launched the Standard KSO, but I see no reason why it wouldnt work.

Ive completed several test launches today (inaddition to my full mission that I posted yesterday), under x64 and when the game stays launched the KSO EWBCL launches perfectly. Havent launched the Standard KSO, but I see no reason why it wouldnt work.

I also have been using the most recent version on x64 without issue for the most part, only tiny bug was if the ejection sepertron was aimed at the external fuel tank it would blow it up. Solution was to aim sepertrons up away from the external tank.

I also have been using the most recent version on x64 without issue for the most part, only tiny bug was if the ejection sepertron was aimed at the external fuel tank it would blow it up. Solution was to aim sepertrons up away from the external tank.

I had that happen when I was designing Energia back when the EWBCL came out. The separatrons were overheating the EFT. But outside of crashes unrelated to the KSOS, and my launch clamps follwoing me to space, the KSOS itself functions perfectly in 64-bit right now.

Has anyone made a FAR config for the super 25? I though for sure some one posted one in this thread I can't seem to find it.

Edit- found it.

Edited by Woodstar

Issue #1:

I have also posted this on the RPM thread:

The glitch where the HUD and ADI overlays become super dark is caused by OpenGL rendering.

This is why it occurs on Linux and Mac.

I am using Windows 7, and was using the 64-bit version to allow for all my mods. The HUD and ADI was fine during this time.

The instability, glitches, and enormous memory usage caused me to switch the the 'amazing' openGL switch.

I can run all my mods with only a 2.6 GB RAM footprint in 32-bit KSP with the -force-opengl command parameter.

However, this is when they problem occurred with the super dark overlay. I have confirmed this by running the game with no OpenGL switch with the exact same install, and they magically work again with the default DirectX (I have not tried DX11 though).

As to why this occurs I have no idea whatsoever.

Also:

It may be unrelated or not causing the problem, but I also noticed that the files that ARE the ones that become dark have a Y dimension size of 2044 pixels (Instead of say 2048, as in some of the other image files) Could this be the problem? Maybe OpenGL freaks out when an image isn't a power of 2 size? Can you do a check by reworking ladder.png to be a power of 2?

Issue #2:

*EDIT*

I just discovered that the KSO MFD's need electrical power to actually display (Through my perusing of all the RPM configs in KSO) It may be useful to explicitly mention this in the KSO FAQ. It isn't 'exactly' intuitive because the rest of the lights are on. I was testing quickly so just added the cockpits to check. ISSUE#2 is solved, but ISSUE#1 remains at large...

Edited by DesTroy
ISSUE#2 Solved

Hey all,

How do you attach the observation module? I currently have a small station @150km, it has a tug docked which i have been using to dock various modules.

The observation module i'm having a hard time figurering out how to attach to the station. The tug can latch on to the buttom of the OM since there is a docking port. But thats the same port that i wan't to attach to the station.

Top of the OM has no attachment points so i cant even use a decoupler with a temporary docking port.

Was my tug suppose to have the claw attached in the front? Does'nt seem like the right tool for a delicate job like this :)