[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Hey all,

How do you attach the observation module? I currently have a small station @150km, it has a tug docked which i have been using to dock various modules.

The observation module i'm having a hard time figurering out how to attach to the station. The tug can latch on to the buttom of the OM since there is a docking port. But thats the same port that i wan't to attach to the station.

Top of the OM has no attachment points so i cant even use a decoupler with a temporary docking port.

Was my tug suppose to have the claw attached in the front? Does'nt seem like the right tool for a delicate job like this :)

You want to use the space station decoupler part. It's octogonal and looks like a plate with a little bit of framework on the bottom of it. It was made to do exactly what you are attempting to do now. Attach a port on top of it after you attach it to the observation module.

EDIT: This is the part you want:

RIrtntC.jpg

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Hi

I'm having some problems with shuttle in 0.24. After loading in RCS on the command pod are working and part itself falls on the launch pad while the rest of the vehicle remians still. When I reload the game (revert to launch) everything is ok except landing gear that doesn't want to raise.

Any idea what's going on with it ?

Issue #1:

I have also posted this on the RPM thread:

The glitch where the HUD and ADI overlays become super dark is caused by OpenGL rendering.

This is why it occurs on Linux and Mac.

I am using Windows 7, and was using the 64-bit version to allow for all my mods. The HUD and ADI was fine during this time.

The instability, glitches, and enormous memory usage caused me to switch the the 'amazing' openGL switch.

I can run all my mods with only a 2.6 GB RAM footprint in 32-bit KSP with the -force-opengl command parameter.

However, this is when they problem occurred with the super dark overlay. I have confirmed this by running the game with no OpenGL switch with the exact same install, and they magically work again with the default DirectX (I have not tried DX11 though).

As to why this occurs I have no idea whatsoever.

Also:

It may be unrelated or not causing the problem, but I also noticed that the files that ARE the ones that become dark have a Y dimension size of 2044 pixels (Instead of say 2048, as in some of the other image files) Could this be the problem? Maybe OpenGL freaks out when an image isn't a power of 2 size? Can you do a check by reworking ladder.png to be a power of 2?

Issue #2:

*EDIT*

I just discovered that the KSO MFD's need electrical power to actually display (Through my perusing of all the RPM configs in KSO) It may be useful to explicitly mention this in the KSO FAQ. It isn't 'exactly' intuitive because the rest of the lights are on. I was testing quickly so just added the cockpits to check. ISSUE#2 is solved, but ISSUE#1 remains at large...

Interesting!

Thank you for this, I'll run some tests. I'm stuck with Phase 4 for a bit but I really need to visit the RPM stuff.

You want to use the space station decoupler part. It's octogonal and looks like a plate with a little bit of framework on the bottom of it. It was made to do exactly what you are attempting to do now. Attach a port on top of it after you attach it to the observation module.

EDIT: This is the part you want:

http://i.imgur.com/RIrtntC.jpg

Ah thank you very much. Now the attachment point on the side of the OM makes much more sense :)

Do any of you know if there is a bug with the OM attached to the Hydrophonics in regard to Connected Living Spaces?

Kerbals cant transfer to or from the OM. The lab and the OM are physically attached, not through a docking port. Kerbals can transfer to and from the Lab just fine, so it seems it's the the join between the lab and the OM that doesnt work.

-edit- i just tried with a Station Power Module. No access either

Edited by Kebra

Hi

I'm having some problems with shuttle in 0.24. After loading in RCS on the command pod are working and part itself falls on the launch pad while the rest of the vehicle remians still. When I reload the game (revert to launch) everything is ok except landing gear that doesn't want to raise.

Any idea what's going on with it ?

Are you using the latest version of the KSOS (v3.10) and the block 8 craft file for the KSO (or the block 4 craft file for the Super25)? Are you experiencing the same thing I posted here? Because that was the block 7 craft file of the KSO from v3.09 being used in KSP 0.24. There's something not right with it between KSP 0.23.5 and 0.24. So use the block 8 craft file if that's the issue.

Ah thank you very much. Now the attachment point on the side of the OM makes much more sense :)

Do any of you know if there is a bug with the OM attached to the Hydrophonics in regard to Connected Living Spaces?

Kerbals cant transfer to or from the OM. The lab and the OM are physically attached, not through a docking port. Kerbals can transfer to and from the Lab just fine, so it seems it's the the join between the lab and the OM that doesnt work.

-edit- i just tried with a Station Power Module. No access either

Unless there is someone here that's familiar with that mod, you might get help faster with that issue in the thread for that plugin. I have no experience with that mod personally. Also, the station power module doesn't have an interior. Or did you mean the station docking module? That part doesn't have an interior but it can hold two kerbals (if I remember correctly).

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Are you using the latest version of the KSOS (v3.10) and the block 8 craft file for the KSO (or the block 4 craft file for the Super25)? Are you experiencing the same thing I posted here? Because that was the block 7 craft file of the KSO from v3.09 being used in KSP 0.24. There's something not right with it between KSP 0.23.5 and 0.24. So use the block 8 craft file if that's the issue.

Yeah, it looks the same. Both Block 7 and 8 are not working. ( I've checked them separately) In super 25 the shuttle flies away, while still connected to the rockets with some grey pipes, and after few seconds everything explodes :cool:

I've checked cfg files and they look ok, I think that the problem is with some plugin, but I don't know which one so far..

Yeah, it looks the same. Both Block 7 and 8 are not working. ( I've checked them separately) In super 25 the shuttle flies away, while still connected to the rockets with some grey pipes, and after few seconds everything explodes :cool:

I've checked cfg files and they look ok, I think that the problem is with some plugin, but I don't know which one so far..

You're missing Firespitter.

These are the symptoms typical of Firespitter.dll being missing. Redownload 3.10. You must install all plugins included in the zip by dragging over each folder into your GameData directory

You were right, the problem was with firespitter which somehow collided with Tweakable everything mod.

Now everythings fine, thanks !

EDIT : Still does not work. Problems with command pod are gone, but the craft itself "can't fly". Engines go up and down like 5 times a second, while I try to roll for ex. to the left, nose goes right (even without sas ) and sometimes do a few flips.

In 23.5 it flies perfectly though....

Edited by Angorek

I'm running this NO ATM and kso phase 1 parts deleted with the far config posted here in the forums. I only have one problem I can't click the CSE's to assign them an action group, can someone help me with this?

EDIT- Forgot to mention I'm running x64 also.

The 77th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 177 is the seventh flight of Ascension the Super 25 Flagship! STS 177's objective is to deploy the Colony Utilities Module on Asteroid Kerpophis. Due to corporate sponsorship, the Loyalists have changed their name to the Corporatists! No comment yet from the Rebels on this new, more profitable name.

STS 178 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Logistics Module!

Heads up guys, .24.1 came out today. It does appear to have broken Firespitter, at least according to a couple people in the Firespitter topic. So if you havent updated, its probably best to hold off.

The 24.1 patch actually fixed my .craft issues with KSO Block 8. No graphic of boosters firing, no inability of them to be used. KSO Block 8 straight from original mod files to orbit, no problem. Also flew a Super 25 to orbit to confirm it's operation. I haven't experienced any issues with the new patch. Tried using the RPM monitors, IVA and such, on x64 of course. Opened closed bay doors, gear, flaps, etc. No ATM was used.

I can report KSO 3.10 running very stable post patch.

Theyre coming along great. Heres an image of what happens when Jeb is bored after a day of testing them:

http://i.imgur.com/mHxjbVs.png

Heh, kinda surprised that it's been over a year since the new KSC debuted and only now they're making drivable versions of the ground vehicles. Of course, I can't wait to build a ramp or two on the Mun and jump these bad boys.

Heh, kinda surprised that it's been over a year since the new KSC debuted and only now they're making drivable versions of the ground vehicles. Of course, I can't wait to build a ramp or two on the Mun and jump these bad boys.

Best part about these trucks (and the bus, and the sedans, and the Fire Engine) is that they are all properly scaled to the size of a Kerbal, I'll try and get a pic of one of the trucks next to the default ones sitting around the space center.

The 24.1 patch actually fixed my .craft issues with KSO Block 8. No graphic of boosters firing, no inability of them to be used. KSO Block 8 straight from original mod files to orbit, no problem. Also flew a Super 25 to orbit to confirm it's operation. I haven't experienced any issues with the new patch. Tried using the RPM monitors, IVA and such, on x64 of course. Opened closed bay doors, gear, flaps, etc. No ATM was used.

I can report KSO 3.10 running very stable post patch.

I'm also running it 64bit and no ATM everything is fine except I can not click the CSE's to assign them to an action group, have you tried doing that, does it work?

Anyone else seen this: when I right-click on an engine, it changes the engine's direction, but no right-click menu. And after that, I can't right-click on any part; I have to go back to the space center then back out to the vessel to get my right-click menus back.

Also, curious why Vessel View isn't included on KSO RPMs. It only took me about 5 minutes of config editing to add it (mostly copy-paste from Hyomoto's generic MFD.)