[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

What is the problem exactly?

Makes the craft speed up till it crashes! Even with engines OFF :). If you put the regular KSO wings, no problemo. Some of the stats dont match too like mass etc.

KSO25 wings should be :

mass = 0.16

// --- winglet parameters ---

// dragCoeff will override the maximum_drag value

dragCoeff = 0.6

deflectionLiftCoeff = 14

now they are all over the place

These mash up configs cause problems if you use DRE and Far.

Edit:. Just testing it and it almost worked so this is the problem if you craft goes to mad speeds.

Edited by nismobg

Makes the craft speed up till it crashes! Even with engines OFF :). If you put the regular KSO wings, no problemo. Some of the stats dont match too like mass etc.

Doesnt happen for me. Ive just completed several test landings of the Super 25 and while it does probably glide better than a craft of its size really would... it does slow down.

I give up, the 25kso is not working for me, no matter how many times I change the cfg files, the wings do something weird and the KSO goes like its on full throttle !

I cant reproduce the symptoms you are describing... what mods are you running?

OK I installed KSO 3.10 Deleted every part to phase one except the oms mu and cfg and the kerbin_orbiter_engines.tga and kerbin_orbiter_engines_emis.tga and kerbin_orbiter_engines_norm_NRM.tga for the oms to look right because the 25 uses them, now I aslo kept the goo lights mu'and cfg's so I could use the lights, I was wondering what other files are associated with the lights that I do not have, so they will sow up correctly.

In order for the goo lights to show up correctly in game, in addition to the MU and CFG files, you need the following texture files: kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod.tga, kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_emis.tga, and kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_norm_NRM.tga.

Hello, I'm a fan of your mod, and I'm wondering whether your mod support 64-bit version of the game?

It's working for some and not for others. I thought it was working for me when ATM was upgraded to support 0.24. Sadly, I still get random crashes again. So back to 32bit for me. Your mileage may vary. Give it a try.

In order for the goo lights to show up correctly in game, in addition to the MU and CFG files, you need the following texture files: kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod.tga, kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_emis.tga, and kerbin_orbiter_docking_mod_norm_NRM.tga.

This.

And I know I've said I wanted to separate them completely from that file. I still am, it's just that things have gotten hectic. I will do my best to get that separated before Phase IV is out.

This.

And I know I've said I wanted to separate them completely from that file. I still am, it's just that things have gotten hectic. I will do my best to get that separated before Phase IV is out.

It's all good. One thing at a time.

EDIT: I have no idea how the color is selected for the GOO lights, but do you know if it's possible for them to incorporate the color options like the stock lights?

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

helldiver, a few small requests here, if possible:

- Could you by any chance change the small radial decoupler to use a separate texture instead of one from the orbiter so that it could be used even if all orbiter-related files are removed? Atlasing is an incredibly good thing, but that one particular part is not invariably used with the orbiter parts alone, so it might very well get into a situation where a huge atlas of the orbiter is not available. I doubt it will need more than a tiny 256x256px texture, so one decoupler using a separate texture won't hurt anything.

- If it's possible to do without breaking existing craft definitions, could you rename all the remaining configs, textures and meshes to show clearly which part set and texture atlas they belong to? At the moment, if you want to, for example, temporarily remove small orbiter but leave space station parts, you have to double-check descriptions in part configs against the opened game to know which part is which. The super25_ and ss_ prefixes that are already in place were a good start, it would be nice to see all the other parts and textures to be grouped in the same manner.

holy crap its bac9

all hail the bac9!!!!!

I was thinking it was them, but thanks for the help FREEMANtsing.

Edited by Woodstar

helldiver, a few small requests here, if possible:

- Could you by any chance change the small radial decoupler to use a separate texture instead of one from the orbiter so that it could be used even if all orbiter-related files are removed? Atlasing is an incredibly good thing, but that one particular part is not invariably used with the orbiter parts alone, so it might very well get into a situation where a huge atlas of the orbiter is not available. I doubt it will need more than a tiny 256x256px texture, so one decoupler using a separate texture won't hurt anything.

- If it's possible to do without breaking existing craft definitions, could you rename all the remaining configs, textures and meshes to show clearly which part set and texture atlas they belong to? At the moment, if you want to, for example, temporarily remove small orbiter but leave space station parts, you have to double-check descriptions in part configs against the opened game to know which part is which. The super25_ and ss_ prefixes that are already in place were a good start, it would be nice to see all the other parts and textures to be grouped in the same manner.

Regarding the CFG and MU names, I PM'd this very idea to Helldiver and he didn't want to force everyone to have to rebuild their craft files, corrupt their saves, or make them start over in career. Although he agrees it's a good idea.

That said, there is a windows (works in WINE, too) installer that will be released with Phase IV that'll let you pick and choose what phases you would like installed. It also appears the phases will be separated by zip file too.

Never thought I would see bac9 in this topic... thats pretty cool.

Regarding the config thing, what would be nice to see (and this may be how helldiver is gonna do it...) is to have each phase have their own subfolder in the Parts directory (eg Parts/Phase1 and so on) with a folder for those parts which may be required in multiple phases.

This might have been asked before, but the search-function doesn't work to well and I'm getting connection errors all the time in these forums. Will you work on a 64-bit-compatible version? Thanks for all your effort.

KSO25 wings should be :

mass = 0.16

// --- winglet parameters ---

// dragCoeff will override the maximum_drag value

dragCoeff = 0.6

deflectionLiftCoeff = 14

now they are all over the place

These mash up configs cause problems if you use DRE and Far.

Edit:. Just testing it and it almost worked so this is the problem if you craft goes to mad speeds.

Then by all means do everyone that uses FAR + DREC a favor and write a config for both that work!

I'm noticing that both the kso super 25 wings are showing shielded maybe that has something to do with this thing not slowing down.

This might have been asked before, but the search-function doesn't work to well and I'm getting connection errors all the time in these forums. Will you work on a 64-bit-compatible version? Thanks for all your effort.

There is a whole thread dedicated to the woes of the 64bit version of the windows KSP client. I'm sure it'll be easier to diagnose problems with this mod on the 64bit client once its own bugs are sorted out.

All - sorry i've disappeared from KSO testing; work has overwhelmed me the past couple weeks. Sounds like 64-bit testing has been quite the ride. I'm heading to Oshkosh for Airventure tomorrow - and will be back to KSO testing once I return.

In the meantime, here's some 45 year anniversary pictures from the Armstrong Museum. I stopped by this week while driving through on business. Enjoy!

Rick

http://imgur.com/a/nT7O3