[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I will be streaming today at: 1:00pm PST http://www.twitch.tv/fanbus

Topics

-The future of KSOS.

-Will answer lunar rover specific questions.

-Will try and do a career game so I can start taking note of the cost and tech balancing.

Expect lots of reloading and such as usual.

Sorry, I missed the streaming...

Will you consider cobbling some missions together? Especially some space station missions.

i have a small rather large problem, whenever i launch ksp it hapenes to close itself after loading, can anyone help?

Details? Which version of KSP (0.23.x or 0.24.x), 32 or 64 bit, all mods you have installed. There's not much we can do with "I have a problem."

I found out that the cargo bays of neither KSO nor the KSO EWBCL in version 3.11hf has shielding when using Ferram Aerospace Research (FAR).

I searched the forums. I saw Raptor831 talk about it here. But found no solution posted. If this has been posted before please forgive me.

From what I found. FAR looks for parts that have some words in the title like "Cargo Bay" to consider that this part shields parts inside it from the atmosphere.

The problem is that KSO Cargo Bay identify itself as a winglet and is ignored by the FAR as a cargo bay.

// --- general parameters ---
name = cgholdkso
module = Winglet

And the KSO EWBCL Fuselage does not have "Cargo Bay" in the title.

title = KSO EWBCL Fuselage

So the solution is: Edit the D:\Games\KSP 0.24.2\GameData\KSO\Parts\cgholdkso.cfg

change:

module = Winglet

to:

module = Part

Edit the D:\Games\KSP 0.24.2\GameData\KSO\Parts\super25commandkso.cfg

change:

to:

title = KSO EWBCL Fuselage Cargo Bay

I try to make a ModuleManager config but it didn't work for the normal KSO.

Does the KSO Cargo Bay needs to be a winglet for some reason? Chaging to Module=Part affects something?

[]'s

ZeroA4

-megasnip-

Does the KSO Cargo Bay needs to be a winglet for some reason? Chaging to Module=Part affects something?

The Cargo Bay is a winglet to provide extra lift when landing, making it a little easier and safer. That, and it models real life a little more accurately, although from my talks with helldiver, he's not going for realism so much as playability, this just happens to be in the realm of "fulfilling one fulfills the other."

I found out that the cargo bays of neither KSO nor the KSO EWBCL in version 3.11hf has shielding when using Ferram Aerospace Research (FAR).

I searched the forums. I saw Raptor831 talk about it here. But found no solution posted. If this has been posted before please forgive me.

From what I found. FAR looks for parts that have some words in the title like "Cargo Bay" to consider that this part shields parts inside it from the atmosphere.

The problem is that KSO Cargo Bay identify itself as a winglet and is ignored by the FAR as a cargo bay.

// --- general parameters ---
name = cgholdkso
module = Winglet

And the KSO EWBCL Fuselage does not have "Cargo Bay" in the title.

So the solution is: Edit the D:\Games\KSP 0.24.2\GameData\KSO\Parts\cgholdkso.cfg

change:

module = Winglet

to:

module = Part

Edit the D:\Games\KSP 0.24.2\GameData\KSO\Parts\super25commandkso.cfg

change:

to:

title = KSO EWBCL Fuselage Cargo Bay

I try to make a ModuleManager config but it didn't work for the normal KSO.

[]'s

ZeroA4

@PART[KSO25_Cabin]
{
@title = KSO EWBCL Fuselage with Cargo Bay
}

@PART[cgholdkso]
{
@module = Part
}

Be advised you will lose the lift generated from the KSO's cargo bay using this.

EDIT: That is, you will lose the cargo bay lift in stock physics. With FAR, I have no idea what happens because I don't use it.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

@PART[KSO25_Cabin]
{
@title = KSO EWBCL Fuselage with Cargo Bay
}

@PART[cgholdkso]
{
@module = Part
}

Be advised you will lose the lift generated from the KSO's cargo bay using this.

But if using FAR, won't we get body lift anyway?

Details? Which version of KSP (0.23.x or 0.24.x), 32 or 64 bit, all mods you have installed. There's not much we can do with "I have a problem."

Well here are the specs: 0.24.2, kso and active texture management mods, 32 bit (i tested it with 64 bit but failed) and don't have the best computer.

Is it just me or do the separate downloads still give you all the parts? Not nagging or anything as i know it takes time to sort it all out :)

The separate downloads will not be separate until Phase IV. Phase IV will also have the option of a windows installer (works in WINE too from my tests) that will allow you to install the individual phases, alt cockpits, mechjeb computer, goo lights, blank textures, etc with a simple check box in the installer. All from one download. Currently, however, there are no separate downloads for the different phases.

The 79th of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 179 is the ninth flight of Ascension, the Super 25 Flagship! STS 179's objective is to deploy the Colony Habitat Module #2 on Asteroid Kerpophis. The Corporatists have recruited Ten Viewer Kerbals! They arrive at KSC in style and on time to witness the launch!

STS 180 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Science Module!

So I'm minding my own business wandering the grounds of Airventure 2014 (Oshkosh for the purists - http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure) and see the NASA tent. Imagine my surprise with whom I saw there!

http://imgur.com/a/rKiIj

p.s. - I'm back for testing and plan to put things through their paces...

Haha, that's awesome.