[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Is there a way to attach the default KSO's launch system to the Super 25, to give it a more Space Shuttle-like appearance?

I'm perfectly fine with the Buran style, but I'm just curious.

I played around with it in the VAB, and while the size seems appropriate(-ish) (the Shuttle's tank was smaller than the Buran's), it would not actually attach, despite numerous tries. However, the tanks attached to their appropriate orbiter without problem. Is there a reason for this, and is there a way to mix-and-match tanks?

Man this mod is everyone's KSP dream came true! You truly have created a piece of art here my friend. Since I came across the shuttle, I can't seem to ever get away without using it for every possible mission! Amazing work Helldiver and Nazari1382!

Is there a way to attach the default KSO's launch system to the Super 25, to give it a more Space Shuttle-like appearance?

I'm perfectly fine with the Buran style, but I'm just curious.

I played around with it in the VAB, and while the size seems appropriate(-ish) (the Shuttle's tank was smaller than the Buran's), it would not actually attach, despite numerous tries. However, the tanks attached to their appropriate orbiter without problem. Is there a reason for this, and is there a way to mix-and-match tanks?

IMHO you need other mods for that. Especially the tanks from the Klockheed Martian SSE mod (or Procedural Parts from the Development section). Apart from that some tinkering with SRBs and the attachments between orbiter and tank will be needed.

Why not make it an option? or have it toggleable? I don't like having to use HotRockets and it's just more memory usage. Also, why is ActiveMemoryReduction required? If it's so large that it in itself needs A.M.R. installed maybe it needs to be optimized.

You release a wonderful piece of art, but make it unusable for the part-mod-only users who might not care about RPM, HotRockets, or Shuttles that can be built into only one ship in one configuration.

EDIT: Message to self: Forumers are people just like yourself, try not to convey an angry tone.

I skimmed though the pages after this comment and I couldn't really see an answer on why ActiveMemoryReduction is required. Anyone care to answer that? (or point me to the post if it has been answered)

I love this mod, and I have several times tried to use it, but its just so bloated that it kills any KSP installation that has a few other mods installed (granted, I have more than a "few" :)) so it gets uninstalled. So until 64bit gets working properly, is there any chance at all that this mod can be a bit more memory optimized ?

I love this mod, and I have several times tried to use it, but its just so bloated that it kills any KSP installation that has a few other mods installed (granted, I have more than a "few" :)) so it gets uninstalled. So until 64bit gets working properly, is there any chance at all that this mod can be a bit more memory optimized ?

I would say you answered your own question about why ATM is required by this mod... Its big enough to require it.

I'll let helldiver speak as to just how memory optimized this mod is.

The mod itself is VERY VERY memory optimized, however KSP is NOT! There was something posted about how KSP wastes memory with its pre-release memory managment but I do not recall were it was in this thread and sorry i don't have the time to look for it, and the search feature is wonky for me as it refuses to work/ accept the words i use to search. Maybe someone else can have better time than myself.

Will this be a KAS thing or will it be foldable and deployable?

The cargo container will be a KAS container and fuel will be transferrable with KAS fuel pipes. The rover itself is small enough to fit in the S25 cargo bay.

The cargo container will be a KAS container and fuel will be transferrable with KAS fuel pipes. The rover itself is small enough to fit in the S25 cargo bay.

Another eason for me to use the Super 25 for absolutely everything :P.

I love Helldriver's KSO. Could one of you Lovely people possibly add some more station parts with even more epic IVA's? I was thinking like a Kitchen,Meeting Room,A Bigger Lab,A Greenhouse,A Medical Bay,A Station control module,Bedroom, and a bathroom? And some misc. science-ey parts? :cool:

Note: I suck at making Mods so I can't do it myself

Another Note: If you do this I will give you a virtual cookie or I could send you a Real cookie via mail or something like that... :I

Another Note (Whoopty Freakin Doo): If a Mod like this already exists PLEASE TELL ME!

And Another Note: Please don't mention the FusTek KSO Texture.

I love Helldriver's KSO. Could one of you Lovely people possibly add some more station parts with even more epic IVA's? I was thinking like a Kitchen,Meeting Room,A Bigger Lab,A Greenhouse,A Medical Bay,A Station control module,Bedroom, and a bathroom? And some misc. science-ey parts? :cool:

Another Note: If you do this I will give you a virtual cookie or I could send you a Real cookie via mail or something like that... :I

Another Note (Whoopty Freakin Doo): If a Mod like this already exists PLEASE TELL ME!

Can I ask why you are so obsessed with expanding whats already a seemingly sufficient pack of station parts? I mean yes it would be nice to to have all the things you requested. Do you realize how much work it is to just one of the things you requested? Especially to the quality that is to be expected from Helldiver? Now I am not speaking for Helldiver but from what I understand there is a very specific direction they are going with each Phase of development with this and i don't think more station parts is on the agenda in the recent future. So you can ask as much as you want but unless you do it yourself I don't think its going to happen.

There is a KSO mod development kit that will allow you to create the parts that you seek. There are also a ton of threads in the forums and even youtube videos on how to make KSP mods if you really want to see it in the game to learn how to make it yourself. I however, have also never made a mod and haven't read or watched the tutorials lol. If you made those parts I would love to use them!

I did spit in this thread to find if it is possible to make this work with RSS/RO but I'm not sure. It seems that some people did make it work but I could not find how. Does it work straight of the box?

I did spit in this thread to find if it is possible to make this work with RSS/RO but I'm not sure. It seems that some people did make it work but I could not find how. Does it work straight of the box?

I do not believe that the KSO is intended to work in RSS, but give it a shot lol.

It's tuned to get cargo to orbit around stock Kerbin. Since Kerbin is way smaller than earth, it won't work out of the box for RSS. Maybe if you put it on a much larger lift vehicle...