[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

My endeavor to land at all the anomalies on Kerbin with the EWCBL 25. I figured I'd do the Harder ones first. Had to use Sepatron-Assisted-Braking.

a>

OK, Perhaps this isn't going to be easy...

http://i.imgur.com/wtulPaK.png

Oh crap, the pyramids are back??? Last I recall they had been buried and forgotten in the sands...

The 81st of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 181 is the eleventh flight of Ascension, the Super 25 Flagship! STS 181's objective is to deploy the Colony Communications Tower Base on Asteroid Kerpophis. There are rumors that the Rebels have created a new technology! What is it? When will it debut? The media is providing around the clock rumor coverage.

STS 182 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Habitat Module #3!

The 81st of my STS KSO Shuttle Missions! STS 181 is the eleventh flight of Ascension, the Super 25 Flagship! STS 181's objective is to deploy the Colony Communications Tower Base on Asteroid Kerpophis. There are rumors that the Rebels have created a new technology! What is it? When will it debut? The media is providing around the clock rumor coverage.

STS 182 will deploy the Kerpophis Colony Habitat Module #3!

Honestly, your shuttle missions are great!

I'd advise to use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement though since it eases physics upon leaving time acceleration. Your station wouldn't wobble dangerously like it does in the vid!

Honestly, your shuttle missions are great!

I'd advise to use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement though since it eases physics upon leaving time acceleration. Your station wouldn't wobble dangerously like it does in the vid!

I know right? That wobble is scary and has ripped the colony apart several times.

The cryo effects for the main engines etc aren't showing up for me. Is this a known issue or is it a problem everyone knows about? Just FYI!

Ok, there seems to be a growing number of posts that say "Is this a known issue?".

Earlier someone asked how they tried to redo a texture in Paint.net (no idea what that is) and they had bugs... they also asked "Is this a known issue?"

Here are the list of known issues which should be in the OP towards the bottom:

Known Bugs

-0.24 64bit not fully supported.

-KSO Standard, Ladder animation may still skip between scenes. We're aware of the problem and have a fix.

-KSO 25 may have RCS Yaw control issues while in Zero-G. This is an ongoing balancing process like all previous phases. Turn off Rudder RCS (should be in action group default Key 7) for improved Yaw control in space.

-KSO 25 Moon Door docking coupler may be flipped in the RPM Docking CAM.

-EVA option may be unavailable on a module when first docking it. You will have to quicksave and either reload the save or exit the scene, and then return to the space craft using the Space Center.

-Observation Module Laptop buttons 1,2,3 (Numpad) will sometimes not work. EVA in and out of the Observation Module, or EVA into another module should clear the bug.

-Laptop screens may show an "Error Bad Redirect" notice when first loading. Hitting the Menu key should return you to the RPM main screen. If you are unable to access pages or the laptop becomes stuck, Quicksave. Exit the
scene (goto the Space Center) and reload the spacecraft with the laptop, this should clear it.

-Some Linux and Mac users may experience a bug where their ADI and HUD are dark and almost not visible. We have not found a solution to this bug but are working on it. You can turn off the HUD by looking at the pit panel shroud and clicking on the PWR button.

-Due to how fuel flows in KSP, when constructing a new Standard KSO you must start with the Cockpit, when building a Super 25 you must start with the EFT first. This is not a bug, but intended.

-You must extend the airstair before EVA's while landed on the ground. There have been reports of the distance fallen to cause a Kerbal to die, although we haven't witnessed any deaths from falling at the height, but are looking into this issue.

-Station Service Tug will not fly straight or translate properly with its RCS Arms extended. This is working as intended. If you want to maneuver the tug around, you must retract its arms. It will only maneuver properly with its arms extended if it has a weight,.. duh...

-The KSO Deadly Re-entry, or Ferram Aerospace. Compatibility with these mods was never intended. Users have reported that the KSO works alright with them but you may experience over-powered flight controls, parts breaking off during re-entry, or heavy-non responsive flight characteristics. Configurations are an ongoing process. Version 2.04 provides improved MechJeb and FAR support but it is still rudimentary. Please post on those mods threads for instructions on how to use those mods with the KSO.

If you have an issue outside of that, there is zero we can do.

-Cryogenics is not part of this mod. Early on, on some of the videos Nazari tested the effects. We discovered a bug with it so it was a feature that was cut midway through the S25 development. However, there may be some left over Cool Rockets configs or files. If you see some videos or screenshots of Cool Rockets effects, that person may be using an older config, they may be a tester, or they may have "wired it back up". In other words, if you know what you're doing, the transforms and systems are there for you to install Cool Rockets and get it to work. However we cannot support or help with that.

-Painting and texture help is not part of this mod. If you need help making textures or editing TGA files and such, the best location is the Modeling and texturing forum.

This mod is awesome.

It's pretty much the only shuttle mod I've seen that's being continually updated.

Problem is, I've got the x64 install.

Which means I can't play with the KSO.

And due to my tin-can-and-Jeb's-writing-the-calculations computer, a second x32 install's gonna be a CPU killer.

Welp, off to kill my CPU then.

Ultraflight, I just wanted to let you know that KSO works ALRIGHT.JPG on the 64 bit version. You have to do a few things differently in order to get it to load (not using active texture management, for one) and what Helldiver means by 32-bit only is that he can't troubleshoot 64 bit problems, so you'd be on your own there. If you feel comfortable deleting parts of the install, namely anything related to ActiveTextureManagement, you'd find that you can load with the mod to your heart's content. Except for some random crashes, but those happen to any heavily modded save.

This mod is awesome.

It's pretty much the only shuttle mod I've seen that's being continually updated.

Problem is, I've got the x64 install.

Which means I can't play with the KSO.

And due to my tin-can-and-Jeb's-writing-the-calculations computer, a second x32 install's gonna be a CPU killer.

Welp, off to kill my CPU then.

Ultraflight, I just wanted to let you know that KSO works ALRIGHT.JPG on the 64 bit version. You have to do a few things differently in order to get it to load (not using active texture management, for one) and what Helldiver means by 32-bit only is that he can't troubleshoot 64 bit problems, so you'd be on your own there. If you feel comfortable deleting parts of the install, namely anything related to ActiveTextureManagement, you'd find that you can load with the mod to your heart's content. Except for some random crashes, but those happen to any heavily modded save.

Like irishmanerrant said, it's not that it won't run on 64bit, it's that the windows 64bit ksp client is just too unstable in its current form to support troubleshooting with it. If it crashes, was it actually due to KSO, ATM, some other mod, or the windows 64bit client? From all the random crashes I personally experienced, it's just not feasible to help anybody with the crashes on that client. Most of the time, the error log didn't even point to anything. That client convinced me to get the linux ksp client and it's amazing how stable it is in comparison and how much less memory it consumes compared to the windows version. Unfortunately, I now have to deal with the dark ADI bug, but it's worth it since I can actually play the game again.

You can use ATM on the 64bit client, but it doesn't appear to actually do much on the windows version.

okay.. the cars and vehicles you made didn't make much sense for me, but this rover is awesome :)

and: anyone running 3.11hf with .23.5? is it still working without problems? i am asking because some mods who got updated for .24 dont work flawlessly in .23.5 anymore.

Ok, there seems to be a growing number of posts that say "Is this a known issue?".

Earlier someone asked how they tried to redo a texture in Paint.net (no idea what that is) and they had bugs... they also asked "Is this a known issue?"

Here are the list of known issues which should be in the OP towards the bottom:

Known Bugs

-0.24 64bit not fully supported.

-KSO Standard, Ladder animation may still skip between scenes. We're aware of the problem and have a fix.

-KSO 25 may have RCS Yaw control issues while in Zero-G. This is an ongoing balancing process like all previous phases. Turn off Rudder RCS (should be in action group default Key 7) for improved Yaw control in space.

-KSO 25 Moon Door docking coupler may be flipped in the RPM Docking CAM.

-EVA option may be unavailable on a module when first docking it. You will have to quicksave and either reload the save or exit the scene, and then return to the space craft using the Space Center.

-Observation Module Laptop buttons 1,2,3 (Numpad) will sometimes not work. EVA in and out of the Observation Module, or EVA into another module should clear the bug.

-Laptop screens may show an "Error Bad Redirect" notice when first loading. Hitting the Menu key should return you to the RPM main screen. If you are unable to access pages or the laptop becomes stuck, Quicksave. Exit the
scene (goto the Space Center) and reload the spacecraft with the laptop, this should clear it.

-Some Linux and Mac users may experience a bug where their ADI and HUD are dark and almost not visible. We have not found a solution to this bug but are working on it. You can turn off the HUD by looking at the pit panel shroud and clicking on the PWR button.

-Due to how fuel flows in KSP, when constructing a new Standard KSO you must start with the Cockpit, when building a Super 25 you must start with the EFT first. This is not a bug, but intended.

-You must extend the airstair before EVA's while landed on the ground. There have been reports of the distance fallen to cause a Kerbal to die, although we haven't witnessed any deaths from falling at the height, but are looking into this issue.

-Station Service Tug will not fly straight or translate properly with its RCS Arms extended. This is working as intended. If you want to maneuver the tug around, you must retract its arms. It will only maneuver properly with its arms extended if it has a weight,.. duh...

-The KSO Deadly Re-entry, or Ferram Aerospace. Compatibility with these mods was never intended. Users have reported that the KSO works alright with them but you may experience over-powered flight controls, parts breaking off during re-entry, or heavy-non responsive flight characteristics. Configurations are an ongoing process. Version 2.04 provides improved MechJeb and FAR support but it is still rudimentary. Please post on those mods threads for instructions on how to use those mods with the KSO.

If you have an issue outside of that, there is zero we can do.

-Cryogenics is not part of this mod. Early on, on some of the videos Nazari tested the effects. We discovered a bug with it so it was a feature that was cut midway through the S25 development. However, there may be some left over Cool Rockets configs or files. If you see some videos or screenshots of Cool Rockets effects, that person may be using an older config, they may be a tester, or they may have "wired it back up". In other words, if you know what you're doing, the transforms and systems are there for you to install Cool Rockets and get it to work. However we cannot support or help with that.

-Painting and texture help is not part of this mod. If you need help making textures or editing TGA files and such, the best location is the Modeling and texturing forum.

OK thanks! I will look into it!

Re: the helicopter spotlight pivoting (from the stream) - I'm pretty sure I recently saw a mod that includes helicopter spotlights that track your mouse cursor. I can dig that link up if it sounds interesting, helldiver.

Re: the helicopter spotlight pivoting (from the stream) - I'm pretty sure I recently saw a mod that includes helicopter spotlights that track your mouse cursor. I can dig that link up if it sounds interesting, helldiver.

Bahamuto Dynamics has a

. It's pretty sweet. It would have to be scaled down to fit on the rover though.
The 3 banners in the first post are leading to the same archive. Are they intended to lead to separate packages as the text stated on them?

Those downloads will be separate once phase IV is released. Until then, they are the same download.

The 3 banners in the first post are leading to the same archive. Are they intended to lead to separate packages as the text stated on them?

When Phase IV is released, the Phases will be split into separate downloads, and that is what that is prepared for.

Is there any clarification of ".24.2 64x not fully supported"? Is that code for "none of it works and we're not sure why, so don't try", or "you'll get one random crash every once in a blue moon, but we still don't know why"?