[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

There is a problem when there is so 3 cars in KSC the game lags the hell out,it makes flying helos and launching shuttles impossible,I tried to make it a real life launch with the emergency vehicles ready but it just lags the hell out,can you find a way to fix this,I switched to my massive space station and there isn't any lag so the mod is the problem,can you try look into it?

Same here ... mine lags when i have 4 or more, i leave only 2 trucks. :( But i can live without ...

I'm experiencing some problems with the fire engine that make it un-usable. Whenever I change scenes, or come back to it, there is a chance it will appear with the green texture and no wheels and the crew dead. It then slows my game down really badly and I have to force quit. http://i.imgur.com/o2qa3or.png

So, a tester had a similar issue from earlier in the thread where the firetruck wheels disappeared. Helldiver said it was usually because of an outdated craft file. Just about all the parts were updated prior to the release of phase IV. So it is possible the craft files might be outdated. So try rebuilding it and see if that clears up the problem.

My KSP (x32) stuck's while loading "kmwhelirotortailkso". I removed the kmwhelirotortailkso.cfg/.mu and KSP loads fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I am, but I think we need tail rotor so I don't want to delete it!

My KSP (x32) stuck's while loading "kmwhelirotortailkso". I removed the kmwhelirotortailkso.cfg/.mu and KSP loads fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I am, but I think we need tail rotor so I don't want to delete it!

I think I found what caused this.

I didn't install the FSCoolant resource definition from the Firespitter folder that comes with KSO.

Edited by johnwayne1930
typo

Bravo, sir!!! Awesome work. As always :)

I'd suggest to make a low-res packages as well(png instead of tga).

The Active Texture Management plugin (ATM) does this on-the-fly. It is not necessary if you have that plugin installed.

Good grief, the Kerbostar landing skids are...skiddy. I can't land on the VAB without sliding off. They're Teflon coated!

Edit: Never mind, they've got brakes!

Edit2: The KMW Heavy Duty tyres fall through the runway on launch. Collider issue?

Edit3: This happens with all the wheels. The rover wheels on the right side tried to 'steer' up and down!

Re-installed the vehicles pack and the wheels work fine. Weird.....

After placing the wheels/tires on your vehicle, swing the camera around and look at the inboard side of the hub. There should be an arrow pointing away from the vehicle body (or towards where the ground should be). If it is not pointing in that direction, the wheel is not attached correctly. If you are assembling the vehicle in the SPH, the easiest way to do this is to enable symmetry, select the wheel/tire after you place the chassis, and while selected press the W key once. This should rotate them so they are facing downward. Verify it after you attach them (since it's very hard to see if still selected because they are concealed in a green node ball).

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Helldiver, is there any chance that you'd consider putting the goo lights and docking ports into a stand-alone package?

I ask as I only have enough memory after other mods to install the Super 25 and I'm sorta missing those handy little lights. That and the stock docking port clips through the Super 25's docking bay doors just ever so slightly.

Helldiver, is there any chance that you'd consider putting the goo lights and docking ports into a stand-alone package?

I ask as I only have enough memory after other mods to install the Super 25 and I'm sorta missing those handy little lights. That and the stock docking port clips through the Super 25's docking bay doors just ever so slightly.

Jason, out of curiosity, have you checked the download folder (ostensibly under "parts") for these files? I imagine you can simply extract the files you need individually and place them in your gamedata folder.

I believe that was his intention eventually. The windows installer will include the two round docking ports with each shuttle, but it's currently awaiting helldiver's blessing :) In the meantime while everything gets ironed out, you can check out this post, which contains the part lists for Phases 1 through 3 (which you'll find the ports in 1 and 3) and the Parts lists for the GOO lights if you feel inclined to manually add them in.

The new version definitely takes up more memory. A bunch of new parts have been added!

I meant the parts from the older packs, not the new parts. I thought I read in here somewhere the textures got an update or something.

I think I fount what caused this.

I didn't install the FSCoolant resource definition from the Firespitter folder that comes with KSO.

Me neither good find thanks!

Edit: new problem, went to R&D researched the parts, hit exit and it brings up the UI for the SP scene to go to the VAB but im still in R&D and can not exit or quit to main menu, I have to Alt-Tab and close it from there.

Edited by Woodstar

Hello! I am new to Ksp and I am not really familiar with adding mods and stuff. I was trying to install the KSOS KSO 1.8M Standard. But when I was trying to build the shuttle the gear, cargo door etc did't work. I can't close or open them :( and when I am trying to go into saved ship i can't open the ships... can someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I was trying to add Active Texture Management But I don't know if that works. I have 0.23.5 patch

Edited by ApsidaL

hello all i think i found a problem

so here is what happens added parts (whatever parts) then added kerbalLab trying to right click on kerbalLab brings no options or info or anything and then you cant right click on any other part you have to exit VAB then re enter so you can have right click ability again but if you right click on kerbalLab again same story again

here are some screens (thou not showing much) and output file

using ksp 0.24.2 x32 win7sp1 x64

hope it helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcy8t53h3ml9hi4/kso.rar

WooHoo! Awesome! Loving the new organization and segregating the phases into multiple downloads. And the new parts and textures are as amazing as the previous phases. After ATM, this is always one of the first mods I install. Well done, and thanks to the whole team for the amazing work!

Jason, out of curiosity, have you checked the download folder (ostensibly under "parts") for these files? I imagine you can simply extract the files you need individually and place them in your gamedata folder.

Yes, however I was hoping for a slimmed down version so I wouldn't have to load a ton of other textures into memory to get them. Even with ATM I'm at the point now where KSP will randomly crash because some Squad code leaks memory on scene change just enough to push me beyond x86's memory limits. :)

I believe that was his intention eventually. The windows installer will include the two round docking ports with each shuttle, but it's currently awaiting helldiver's blessing :) In the meantime while everything gets ironed out, you can check out this post, which contains the part lists for Phases 1 through 3 (which you'll find the ports in 1 and 3) and the Parts lists for the GOO lights if you feel inclined to manually add them in.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into the part list post; it'll be easier than trying to guess at the textures myself. :)

So I have this weird issue... In 64 bit KSP, attempting to place or use the Kerbostar piece instantly causes the game to crash. Anyone else getting this?

The mod developers are aware that there are compatibility issues with 64-bit. Because of this, the mod is only recommended to be played in 32-bit.

Okay, bizzare-ness on a fresh install, only KSO full pack, and ATM mods installed, I start the game, first time, it loads fine, second and third freezes up, fourth time works, fifth doesn't I don't get it.

There is a problem when there is so 3 cars in KSC the game lags the hell out,it makes flying helos and launching shuttles impossible,I tried to make it a real life launch with the emergency vehicles ready but it just lags the hell out,can you find a way to fix this,I switched to my massive space station and there isn't any lag so the mod is the problem,can you try look into it?
Same here ... mine lags when i have 4 or more, i leave only 2 trucks. :( But i can live without ...

Same on here.

More than two Cars/Trucks/Rover and frames goes down to an unplayable level.

so here is what happens added parts (whatever parts) then added kerbalLab trying to right click on kerbalLab brings no options or info or anything and then you cant right click on any other part you have to exit VAB then re enter so you can have right click ability again but if you right click on kerbalLab again same story again

hope it helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcy8t53h3ml9hi4/kso.rar

I got the same problem on OS X.. But the other parts are great, that Rover is AMAZING! (crashing is also fun with it)

KSOS Pack 4 Bug hunting twitch stream, at 1:00pm PST

-I will not be playing the game.

-Bug hunting and verifying only.

-Will be asking viewers to verify bugs.

-May be able to upload updates and or fixes.

Same on here.

More than two Cars/Trucks/Rover and frames goes down to an unplayable level.

Will verify during the public stream.

Okay, bizzare-ness on a fresh install, only KSO full pack, and ATM mods installed, I start the game, first time, it loads fine, second and third freezes up, fourth time works, fifth doesn't I don't get it.

Make sure to start KSP as Administrator. You're reaching your memory limit. Additionally try installing the Texture Replacement mod which helps with memory.

So I have this weird issue... In 64 bit KSP, attempting to place or use the Kerbostar piece instantly causes the game to crash. Anyone else getting this?

Try running KSP as Administrator. Uninstall ATM if you're using it. Otherwise you may need to run 32bit (with Texture Replacement installed).

hope it helps

Will check Kerbalab on stream.

I meant the parts from the older packs, not the new parts. I thought I read in here somewhere the textures got an update or something.

No such thing currently. I believe you mean after the KSO Standard is redone then I can apply some of the new techniques used which save memory. However that may no longer be happening at this point since I'm tied up with other long term priorities.

Me neither good find thanks!

Edit: new problem, went to R&D researched the parts, hit exit and it brings up the UI for the SP scene to go to the VAB but im still in R&D and can not exit or quit to main menu, I have to Alt-Tab and close it from there.

Not much I can do here :( Will check during the stream.

Hello! I am new to Ksp and I am not really familiar with adding mods and stuff. I was trying to install the KSOS KSO 1.8M Standard. But when I was trying to build the shuttle the gear, cargo door etc did't work. I can't close or open them :( and when I am trying to go into saved ship i can't open the ships... can someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I was trying to add Active Texture Management But I don't know if that works. I have 0.23.5 patch

You didn't install it correctly. You're missing the Firespitter folder. You must install all folders included in the download.

I'm experiencing some problems with the fire engine that make it un-usable. Whenever I change scenes, or come back to it, there is a chance it will appear with the green texture and no wheels and the crew dead. It then slows my game down really badly and I have to force quit. http://i.imgur.com/o2qa3or.png

Will verify during the stream. I believe I know the cause, which may be linked to folks unable to have more than 3 vehicles out.

Will verify during the stream, see below.

Users that can't have more than 2+ vehicles in the live scene.

-Launch the KWM Lorry Tractor (move it off the side of the runway)

-Launch more than 3 of the same KMW Lorry Tractor (move them off the side of the runway)

-Check to see if you have the "Lights Out" bug. This includes game slowdown, inaccessible vehicles, etcetera.

-Otherwise if everything is working fine;

-Load the KMW Coach or the KMW Firetruck. Does the bug appear?

Vehicles stuck and/or sunk in the ground

-If your vehicle is sunk in the ground or stuck (you can't drive forward), return it to the SPH/VAB.

-Remove all the tires.

-Place new tires on it, but watch the wheel hubs. They should all be marked with either a Grey Arrow, Red Arrow, or Grey Mark which should point to the bottom of the wheel hub.

-All of your wheel hub arrows should be facing to the ground.

-The best way to not screw this up, is to always build a vehicle/vehicle-sub. assy in the SPH. When you place a wheel place it off to the side (not attached to the vehicle) and look at its hub to make sure it's facing the right way (arrow to the ground). Then use symmetry to place it (this makes sure the opposite wheel goes in correctly). Then use Alt+grab the same piece to make a copy of it for the rear wheel, ensuring it's also facing the right way.

Edited by helldiver