[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Last night I was working on a space station arm/shuttle docking port. I've got the system working quite well now. Below is an album I made showcasing the shuttle port:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you would like to play with the shuttle port, you can download it from here. Place the craft file in your subassemblies directory. From there you can select the nose port and connect it with your craft. You will need Infernal Robotics, KAS, and of course the station components from KSOS.

Edited by Angel-125

Last night I was working on a space station arm/shuttle docking port. I've got the system working quite well now. Below is an album I made showcasing the shuttle port:

http://imgur.com/a/bHmcj

If you would like to play with the shuttle port, you can download it from here. Place the craft file in your subassemblies directory. From there you can select the nose port and connect it with your craft. You will need Infernal Robotics, KAS, and of course the station components from KSOS.

How does it handle the oscillation when moving it with a part attached? I had a roughly similar idea, but using it caused the station to shift orbit over time.

How does it handle the oscillation when moving it with a part attached? I had a roughly similar idea, but using it caused the station to shift orbit over time.

You'll need a SAS module to hold attitude. And go slow. Works just fine for me. :) Also, I updated the link, my subassembly lacked the gantry rotator.

Okay, bizzare-ness on a fresh install, only KSO full pack, and ATM mods installed, I start the game, first time, it loads fine, second and third freezes up, fourth time works, fifth doesn't I don't get it.
Make sure to start KSP as Administrator. You're reaching your memory limit. Additionally try installing the Texture Replacement mod which helps with memory.

This is on a clean install, only the KSO mod {all four phases} and Active Texture manager.

Also, is there some trick to keeping the vehicles on the ground? It seems the slightest bump, and the cars and truck tires become trampolines. I've had some hilarious flips and rolls when I can get this to load.

Edited by vardicd

Very cool mod. Been playing with it for ages. Only problem iv found is when a kerbal touches the wheels on the moon buggy it bounces away.

Here is some pics of me messing around.

L9PQD9r.jpg

HR0IcGQ.jpg

Edited by Loxtail
image fix

Status

-We're aware of the multiple vehicle causing NRE errors and slow downs. Nazari was able to reproduce it and is diagnosing. Unfortunately it seems it may get escalated to Snjo to help with debugging. What that means is that a fix may not be available for a couple days. Although I'm hoping we can nail it down sooner.

-We fixed the KerbaLab bug which broke the right click context menu.

-All other bugs reported seem to be users who are using an old version of Firespitter. You need to install the version included with any 4.08 Pack.

Status

-We may have fixed the bug. Unfortunately it meant removing the Sirens from the Patrol Car and the Firetruck.

-We fixed the KerbaLab bug which broke the right click context menu.

-All other bugs reported seem to be users who are using an old version of Firespitter. You need to install the version included with any 4.08 Pack.

An update will be posted later this evening

I mean I'd like a description of the mod that's more than just a picture of the parts. I have no idea what to expect from the space station pack.

It's space station parts. Is there anything else that you need to know? You take the modules, give them docking ports, and shoot them into space like everything else.

I mean I'd like a description of the mod that's more than just a picture of the parts. I have no idea what to expect from the space station pack.

Im not sure what you expect... they are parts to build a space station with...

Theres a habitat, a science lab, a hydroponics lab, a power module, a observation module, a docking module, several different truss and hub pieces, 3 different solar panels, and several different docking ports and a really freaking cool tug to move the modules around.

Edited by Avalon304

It's space station parts. Is there anything else that you need to know? You take the modules, give them docking ports, and shoot them into space like everything else.

To me the obvious implied question is do they perform any function other than being pretty to look at. ;)