[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Yes, it functions the same way as the stock lab, the green lab is like a science bay.

Thanks Kerblab=science lab and green lab=science generator thats right been using KSPI science module and the stock lab because i couldn't remember! thanks again

Edit: PS. I think your right about the sirens Helldiver, because I have the bus, fuel(with fuel trailer), air-stair and cargo all parked next to my landing strip and when I loaded the kerbostar to land it on the VAB there was no lag at all. I'm going to load the police car and try to confirm will edit with results.

Edit2: gotta eat my words it's running smooth with the patrol car out next I'm adding the fire truck and putting the rover out.

screenshot0_zps4350d89d.png

turned the UI off but there is a kerbostar on the roof of the VAB also.

OK loaded and parked the FT, went back to SPH loaded rover, it starts the lags,deleted FT and loaded rover and the game ran just fine. So I think it is some thing to do with the FT specifically.

Edited by Woodstar

We aren't able to come to terms on the problem.

Earlier I got it to work perfectly. I then exited KSP and came back to it this evening to begin rebuilding all the craft files only to discover it was crashing again.

[edit] Scratch what I said...

We found the culprit.

KAS and the Firetruck...

Edited by helldiver

Is there a KAS module on the Firetruck or is just having KAS installed enough to cause the glitch?

The Firetruck does.

However my assumption was premature. I'm still getting the bug even after KAS was removed.

I love you, Nomo

- - - Updated - - -

KAS has many many issues now, shame, it is a great mod.

True it's a great mod but it hasn't been updated for 0.24.2, there is only a community fix. However I've not had any issue so far *knocks on wood*.

I've been poking at the vehicle issue off and on, and isolated it to the firetruck. The firetruck is unique in that it has two engines, a generator like the others and a water pump. This lead me to try the following ModuleManager patch:

@PART[Firetruck_Cab]
{
!EFFECTS { }
!MODULE[MultiModeEngine] { }
!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#engineID[WaterPump]] { }
}

This removes the water spraying feature unfortunately, but it also eliminates the NRE lag and the firetruck retains its wheels on reload. I also tried removing the MultiModeEngine and ModuleEnginesFX (waterpump) but the problem remained. I suspect there may be something amiss in the EFFECTS block for the waterpump, but that is a bit of wizardry for Nazari/Sarbian. It'd be great if someone could verify my results.

On a side note, to helldiver and the entire KSO team, thank you so much for your hard work. :) I felt like a little kid earlier today running the firetruck around KSC!

343j6Eb.png

EDIT: Commas, in better, places, now. Added screenshot behind the cut.

Edited by ozraven

Okay, I'm having way too much fun with this! The Kerbostar is beautiful both in looks and functionality, being easily the simplest, easiest helicopter to fly. Turn SAS on, throttle up slightly above 33%, and away you go.

Then you add to that the cars (which, other than putting the wheels on, I have had no troubles with, and that's simply me not knowing which way's up on the tires) which I've scattered around KSC, and I realize this is the mod I've been waiting for since rover parts were introduced. An ability to drive around KSC with relative ease, followed by being able to fly not just shuttles and spaceplanes made from shuttles, but helicopters that look great and fly beautifully.

Not to mention the Kerbostar's ability to carry 5 Kerbals in relative comfort is something very nice for me. Only thing missing on the Kerbostar for me, and that's easily .cfg bashed, is an electric rotor for worlds with atmosphere but no oxygen. And even at that, it's not needed. That's just me being a goof-off again and thinking "hey, if I could land a Kerbostar on Eve, that'd be cool, right?"

This is so brilliant I have the KSC vehicle fleet ready to service my space program.

I tried to heli-lift the koach after a few attempts I had enough power to hook the Koach but when I tried to winch it up it did no go to plan. I just winched the Kerbostar into the ground and took out the koach and my fule truck. I haven't laughed so much at a game in ages.

I am off to build a chinook to try again. :)