[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

please help me. after installation of the mod the game crashes while loading. what do I do?

You're probably hitting the memory cap, try running it with ATM and if you already are go into the BoulderCo folder and delete the ATM config, KSO.cfg that should reduce the memory even more.

... Can we have a modified version of the copter that has the nav-ball set up so that it looks up? I can't really fly without mechjeb, so... I need it to land this thing, and with the way the thrust is set up, I would need the 'forward' direction to be the 'up' direction. Or a button that lets the copter switch it.

Does mechjeb support "control from here"? If it does, then head to the second post in the thread and download the AR-KSO10 part. Once you've got that installed and KSP reloaded, assemble your helicopter and as a finishing touch, place the AR-KSO10 exactly as shown in

pb29qFI.jpg
. Make sure it snaps to an angle so it's perfectly flat on there and the battery on that part is facing forward. Then launch it and right-click on the AR-KSO10 part and select "control from here." Navball up.
Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Yeah it does, for one thing MJ detects if you are controling from a docking port for instance for the docking auto pilot. Not sure if MJ will work on the rotors though.

Well, I leave that as an exercise for Mekan1k. I was just curious if that would allow him to control it with the navball up through mechjeb.

Is is possible to make Octagonal Truss hollow inside (or a hal-open truss design) with attach nodes to place a payload inside the truss?

@PART[sstruss2kso]:Final{
node_stack_topinside01 = 0, 1.326, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottominside02 = 0, -1.326, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1
}

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Hi all,

Sorry if there's already a post section for this, but im looking for a functioning Shuttle with functioning cargo bay and docking abilities. A Shuttle that you can carry cargo and deploy the said cargo in orbit. It needs to look like the actual Shuttle. I have found two websites but they do not say if the cargo bay is functioning let alone has the ability to carry cargo. The mods on those web sites i have found look amazing especially this one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-24-2-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v3-11 which i found on this web site. If this Shuttle has the ability to carry cargo and deploy and dock, then this one will be amazing.

Anyone have any ideas on this mod or any others relevant to my question.

Thanks

You're probably hitting the memory cap, try running it with ATM and if you already are go into the BoulderCo folder and delete the ATM config, KSO.cfg that should reduce the memory even more.

I have the same isseu, and its not the mem cap. Its the only mod installed. Some how it's just broken

Hi all,

Sorry if there's already a post section for this, but im looking for a functioning Shuttle with functioning cargo bay and docking abilities. A Shuttle that you can carry cargo and deploy the said cargo in orbit. It needs to look like the actual Shuttle. I have found two websites but they do not say if the cargo bay is functioning let alone has the ability to carry cargo. The mods on those web sites i have found look amazing especially this one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68429-0-24-2-Kerbin-Shuttle-Orbiter-System-v3-11 which i found on this web site. If this Shuttle has the ability to carry cargo and deploy and dock, then this one will be amazing.

Thanks

Really, can't see why to ask in General Discussions when you already know what are the mods of interest, and only have to ask if those have what you're looking for. Moved post here so you will have your answer from those who better know.

Hi all,

Thanks

What's stopping you from downloading a shuttle mod and trying it out? If you perform a title thread search you can find quite a few shuttles. You've already found this one (and some others that come to mind are Component Space Shuttle, Pteron Shuttle, the B9 pack, Spaceplanes Plus, MK3 refit pack,, TT's various packs, etc). The only one that can't haul cargo is the Pteron shuttle but it's not even released yet anyway. There's also a ton of various shuttles made from stock parts and several threads dedicated to them, such as the K Prize thread.

So why not try one out? Or I guess you could wait until Spaceplanes Plus is rolled into stock.

The KSOS Shuttles do everything you're asking about. They can be found on the first post of the thread individually or as a pack.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

You can download this mod ... it's fully functioning Shuttle, with cargo bay, docking ports, a awesome IVA, parts for creating your space station and even more. Download it and see for yourself!

With 4.08, does anybody else have issues with flying the KSO/Super 25, reverting the flight a couple times, and after the third or fourth time the KSP app crashes? I've run into memory issues that I solved by removing the KSO.cfg file from active texture management, but I still have crashes with 4.08 that I haven't worked through. Sadly I had to remove the vehicle pack to keep the shuttles and station components, but I do have a lot of mods installed.

whats the ETA on the installer?

-Was trying to get this main bug (emergency vehicles being out simultenously) squashed so that FREEMAN can compile a clean one. Odds are most people will be downloading that one since it gives you the most options in an easy to use interface.

-We have to wait until Nazari squashes the bug which as I said earlier may require real time diagnosis with Snjo.

-I'm still aggregating bug reports FREEMAN and the other testers are sending me.

I have the same isseu, and its not the mem cap. Its the only mod installed. Some how it's just broken

The packaged kso.cfg is borked (or we are just using it wrong... not sure which). Use the one from ATM. I went from 3.2M to 1.8M just by reverting.

-Was trying to get this main bug (emergency vehicles being out simultenously) squashed so that FREEMAN can compile a clean one. Odds are most people will be downloading that one since it gives you the most options in an easy to use interface.

-We have to wait until Nazari squashes the bug which as I said earlier may require real time diagnosis with Snjo.

-I'm still aggregating bug reports FREEMAN and the other testers are sending me.

cool

one more question thou

will we be able to select what will be installed trough the installer options?

example: i want the helicopter but dont want the rovers...will that be possible?

Most times you can cherry pick items out of game data as you see fit. I remove stuff from mods all the time where I might only want a part or two from something in particular.

true but kso shares it's textures a lot and taking out the wrong item can result in bad installation, would be nice to have an install option on what to install :)

Just a quick question: Are the new rover wheels not supposed to have any suspension? I mean, I understand the 'service' vehicle wheels not having or needing any, they're mainly supposed to be driven around on the pavement or flat ground around the KSC, but I would think that a rover meant to explore other planets and their sometimes-not-so-smooth terrain would have a bit better ground clearance and suspension travel than this.

Don't mean to gripe, but I guess that's what it is anyway. Sorry. Perhaps consider it constructive criticism for the design process for the Rover v2.0. Or maybe sometime there could be a retrofit of the current rover frame and wheels to give some of Lo-Fi's Kerbal Foundries wheel code to these wheels. Just an idea.

Otherwise, I think the new mod is smashing, really outstanding work as always, Helldiver and all of the KSO team. :)

Just a little idea that would it be possible to add a "hover" mode to the helicopters? Not sure if this has been brought up, just came to my mind after trying to land in a certain spot yet having trouble with skidding/sliding etc. Having a hover mode would be helpful in, if not all but most landing situations.

cool

one more question thou

will we be able to select what will be installed trough the installer options?

example: i want the helicopter but dont want the rovers...will that be possible?

Currently the installer is split up by phases, goo lights, alt textures for phases 1 thru 3 (including the unnamed shuttles for making your own fleet), atm cfg file, and the mechjeb part. However, there is a bit of overlap between the first three stages for convenience. For instance, the shuttles will both include the round docking ports from phase 2, the S25 includes the oms engines from phase 1, the KSO includes the aux fuel tank and stack shroud from phase 2, etc. Just what makes sense. Now, personally, I don't think the alt cockpit parts for both shuttles are necessary and instead set it up to be a texture switch patch, so you get the benefit of all the cockpits but just one part. Less part catalog clutter and you don't have to rebuild your whole fleet craft files. Since a few people seem to be running out of ram I'm also wondering aloud whether alt textures for phase 4 should be optional too. But this is all subject to change until it's finalized and the more input from what everyone wants gives us a better idea of how to finalize it. Here's a

LSHAchU.gif
of one of the first iterations of the installer. The options list has since been changed to match the OP and has been reorganized. The graphics are different too. The installer will also include an uninstaller for easy upgrading (but is not necessary to use if you don't want it and can be deleted), but does not modify the registry and does not create an entry in the Add Remove Programs list of windows. Also note, the installer will require to be run as admin if (and only if) you are installing to a location that requires it (such as C:\Program Files).
Edited by qnistNAMEERF