[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Fixed

ezkNaMu.jpg

-Nazari finally found the bug that was doing it. Seems one of the modules didn't like to be animated (The fire truck water gun).

-Sirens have been restored

-We've found no NRE errors anymore which resulted in the lag.

-New build of Pack 4 as well as the Complete 4.09 will be up later this evening. (I'm on my laptop).

Installer

-Once FREEMANtsinq gets v4.09 he'll rebuild the installer and It'll be up.

Again, a super thank you and hug to Nazari for banging on this thing until it worked!

Patch Notes

4.09 *In testing*

-Fixed: NRE Errors caused by the Fire Truck and the Patrol Sedan have been fixed. This error caused the lights out bug as well as terrible frame rates do to CPU/Memory usage.

-Fixed: Siren animations have been restored to both the Patrol Sedan and the Fire Truck.

-Fixed: All new craft files will be included.

-Disabled: Water Gun on the Fire Truck has been disabled until further notice.

NOTICE: You must delete all vehicle craft files including rover craft files before applying this package. As there have been numerous changes to all vehicles.

Edited by helldiver

Just a little idea that would it be possible to add a "hover" mode to the helicopters? Not sure if this has been brought up, just came to my mind after trying to land in a certain spot yet having trouble with skidding/sliding etc. Having a hover mode would be helpful in, if not all but most landing situations.

There is a hover mode. It's kind of quirky. You have to set up an action group in the VAB however. Right click on the main rotor to set it up.

You know what we need? We need a 'just the SST' pack. I want all of phase 1,3, and 4, but the only phase 2 thing I want is the SST. That SST is so nice...

If you just want the tug and nothing else from phase 2, that's pretty easy to pick yourself.

\GameData\KSO\Parts\sstugmodulekso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\sstugmodulekso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_norm_NRM.tga

The packaged kso.cfg is borked (or we are just using it wrong... not sure which). Use the one from ATM. I went from 3.2M to 1.8M just by reverting.

Can some one tell me how to check the value for your memory? how to see what KSP is actually using?

I did a search and couldn't turn up much.

Is there a documentation, or overview or such of what parts configurations to send up to build the space station etc. I love the orbiters and they fly like a dream but I constantly get into head scratching moments trying to load the cargo bay correctly.

Edited by styckx

hey guys i installed the pack for all the crafts (kso.all) it works fine with the parts the only thing is that i can open the cargo bay and the wheels dont roll or when i press g retrack or extend, and with the other wheels same problem. the chopper fly but the rotor doesnt rotate so if some one can tell me what im doing wrong or so,, btw its in 23.5

Can some one tell me how to check the value for your memory? how to see what KSP is actually using?

Ctrl+Alt+Delete, start task manager then click the processes tab and scroll down to find KSP32bit.exe or KSP64bit.exe and read memory usage to the right of the program.

hey guys i installed the pack for all the crafts (kso.all) it works fine with the parts the only thing is that i can open the cargo bay and the wheels dont roll or when i press g retrack or extend, and with the other wheels same problem. the chopper fly but the rotor doesnt rotate so if some one can tell me what im doing wrong or so,, btw its in 23.5

Did you put all the folders in the download into your gamedata folder? Because it sounds like you missing the firespitter.dll.

Edit: Just sank in you said 23.5 so yea update KSP to 24.2. I don't think the new Uploads are compatable with 23.5 You will need an older version of KSO or update KSP.

Edited by Woodstar

Did you put all the folders in the download into your gamedata folder? Because it sounds like you missing the firespitter.dll.

Edit: Just sank in you said 23.5 so yea update KSP to 24.2. I don't think the new Uploads are compatable with 23.5 You will need an older version of KSO or update KSP.

This edit.

aha thats is a shame, than is the question where can i get a older version ??? thanks for the help

That's a good question and unfortunately I can't answer that, Helldiver would be much more suited to answer that.

I still have the files for the KSO versions 311hf, 310, and 309hf, but I don't recall off the top of my head what versions they are for, or if I can distribute them, I keep older versions to reinstall on my older versions of KSP. As long as helldiver doesn't mind, I can provide my old files for you.

And I do see the memory savings with the stock ATM config, instead of the KSO replacement one, but it only about 13% of total memory. Still. Letters seem blurry, only difference I've noticed.

oké i will wait then for him to awnser
I still have the files for the KSO versions 311hf, 310, and 309hf, but I don't recall off the top of my head what versions they are for, or if I can distribute them, I keep older versions to reinstall on my older versions of KSP. As long as helldiver doesn't mind, I can provide my old files for you.

And I do see the memory savings with the stock ATM config, instead of the KSO replacement one, but it only about 13% of total memory. Still. Letters seem blurry, only difference I've noticed.

The license on the OP says you may share (redistribute) so long as you don't modify the original. However, I believe helldiver would ask that you keep it to PM's when anybody wants to share stuff.

EDIT: by the way, I believe the last KSOS version released for 0.23.5 was v309hf.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

-I believe the last 23.5 compatible version was 3.09hf. And yes please take it to PMs.

-Wasn't able to update it. Although the bug got fixed, the Patrol sedan now has another bug as a result of all the diagnosing. It's a simple bug but will have to wait until Nazari sends me a new *.mu file. Once I get that 4.09 will be up.

The packaged kso.cfg is borked (or we are just using it wrong... not sure which). Use the one from ATM. I went from 3.2M to 1.8M just by reverting.

The difference shouldn't be too great. But the issue is that with the stock ATM config, the tiles on the KSO Super 25 as well as other Normal maps details get severely blurred to the point where you may as well remove KSO_25_norm_NRM.tga or any Normal Map (all files with Norm_NRM) from this mod since they won't do you any good and will just suck up "memory".

In plain English; ATM stock configs kill normal maps. About a month total (all phases combined) worth of work. If you're that desperate to use this mod and save memory, just delete all files with the name norm_NRM.tga on them.

If you just want the tug and nothing else from phase 2, that's pretty easy to pick yourself.

\GameData\KSO\Parts\sstugmodulekso.cfg
\GameData\KSO\Parts\sstugmodulekso.mu
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_emis.tga
\GameData\KSO\Parts\kerbin_space_station_norm_NRM.tga

Many thanks!

-I believe the last 23.5 compatible version was 3.09hf. And yes please take it to PMs.

-Wasn't able to update it. Although the bug got fixed, the Patrol sedan now has another bug as a result of all the diagnosing. It's a simple bug but will have to wait until Nazari sends me a new *.mu file. Once I get that 4.09 will be up.

I was thinking on how the emergency vehicles were NRE'inge all over the place. sounds like Unity compiled *.mu wrong. Got to be careful with models, Unity can be seriously touchy. I spent 3 hours un-borking a model that once compiled into a *.mu just blew up KSP.

I was thinking on how the emergency vehicles were NRE'inge all over the place. sounds like Unity compiled *.mu wrong. Got to be careful with models, Unity can be seriously touchy. I spent 3 hours un-borking a model that once compiled into a *.mu just blew up KSP.

The issue is unrelated to anything like that.

This had to do with a Firespitter module, and its usage.

The sedan issue, is simply that some features got turned off in the process of diagnosis and we need them turned back on (unrelated to the bug).