[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

One thing I've noticed, and I don't know if its me, but once I drop the external tank and kill the main engines, the shuttle doesn't seem to fly true under power. If I was pointed at 0 degrees east -----> and fired the engines, the shuttle seems to go in a downward curve.\ I've tried adjusting the trim on the little engines, but I can't seem to compensate. I watch Ikerbals vids and he doesn't seem to have the issue and he says he leaves the trim on. Is there a trick to this I'm not aware of, or am I just a really bad pilot for the shuttle?

Yeah, I have been experiencing this too. I hope this bug will be squashed soon.

There is something wrong with the Rover:

- noticed that the craft file is missing.

- the tire arrow has to point up so that the tires don't clip into the surface.

- when arrow up and Rover is drivable, the forward and reverse controls are swapped.

- sometimes (!) the Rover ASAS and Power Module does not attach to the Rovers back properly.

For the reverse controls issue, it's because the rover wheels have their reverse motors on by default for some odd reason. Just disable reverse motor in the VAB or in the field and all will be fine and dandy again.

Yeah, I have been experiencing this too. I hope this bug will be squashed soon.

I don't think its a bug, per se, because the OMS engines are set high on the tail of the KSO, so the thrust center is higher than the mass center of the craft. In this config you will naturally get a downward curve or spin if you let it go around, I just can't figure out how to compensate, either by adjusting trim, or pitching up. I can't find the balance point. >_<

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, so forgive me, but I thought someone said that one or both of the Kerblabs produces science points, is this true? If so, can someone tell me how? I don't see any options on the parts, so I'm curious, and I have only a basic understanding of how to make the laptops in the labs work, so I don't know if its done that way.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, so forgive me, but I thought someone said that one or both of the Kerblabs produces science points, is this true? If so, can someone tell me how? I don't see any options on the parts, so I'm curious, and I have only a basic understanding of how to make the laptops in the labs work, so I don't know if its done that way.

I was under the impression that the Kerblab worked like the stock science lab, and the other one generated science. Also you have to click on the bottom right of the laptop and it will open and work like the MFD in the cockpit, to use the on screen commands of the laptop you have to click the corresponding key on the actual laptop.

So it appears the hydrolab has a typo in the part CFG. Here's a patch to correct the issue until the installation files get updated:

@PART[KSO_Hydroponics]:FOR[KSO]
{
@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]
{
@experimentID = mobileMaterialsLab
}
}

As far as the Kerbalab goes, it might still have a bug. I took a look at it and noticed that if I use the Kerbalab as the root part for whatever I was making, it messed up the context menu of the science equipment on that vessel. Did not test further if it messed up pods or anything like that. However, if I used it as anything other than the root part, it appeared to work properly. Looks like it might still need some tweaking. Give it a try and see if that might be the issue.

The hydrolab is supposed to function like the stock SC-9001 Science Jr (observe materials experiment) and the kerbalab is supposed to function like the stock MPL-LG-2 Mobile Processing Lab (resets experiments).

First of all I have to Thank Helldiver & the rest of the team for making these great mods, I really enjoy them even if I can’t land the shuttles to save Jeb’s life.

I have a few questions on the Shuttles (on Gameplay & just curious)

First just curious (for Helldiver or anyone on the Team)….

1) Is there a reason why there won’t any floodlights in the Cargo Bay?

2) How long did the Phase I or KSOS KSO 1.8m Standard take from the original idea to release?

3) How soon after the release of Phase I or KSOS KSO 1.8m Standard, did the idea of Phase III or KSOS KSO EWBCL 2.8m start taking form?

Secondly the Gameplay (for anyone)

1) Are there any good video tutorials on how to land the shuttles? (Yes I know there is a PDF but I prefer videos)

2) When you build a space station using (Phase II or KSOS KSO 1.8m Space Station Kit), which Station module do you start with?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Thanks,

Hey!

So this "Installer" always wants to download it to a folder named "Kerbal Space Program", I chose my KSP install DIR and what it did was this

C:\ksp 0.24 32 bit\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSO

so what?

The installer defaults to "Kerbal Space Program" to clue you in to installing to your KSP directory. Unfortunately, the default root directory is different for everyone depending on how you acquired KSP and what OS you're running. The installer default directory is fully customizable, so you are in luck! Just uninstall your mislocated KSOS install and reinstall, however, please take a second to change the default directory to either match your own, or browse to it and then erase "\Kerbal Space Program" from the end.

First of all I have to Thank Helldiver & the rest of the team for making these great mods, I really enjoy them even if I can’t land the shuttles to save Jeb’s life.

I have a few questions on the Shuttles (on Gameplay & just curious)

2) How long did the Phase I or KSOS KSO 1.8m Standard take from the original idea to release?

3) How soon after the release of Phase I or KSOS KSO 1.8m Standard, did the idea of Phase III or KSOS KSO EWBCL 2.8m start taking form?

Secondly the Gameplay (for anyone)

1) Are there any good video tutorials on how to land the shuttles? (Yes I know there is a PDF but I prefer videos)

2) When you build a space station using (Phase II or KSOS KSO 1.8m Space Station Kit), which Station module do you start with?

Thanks,

I don't have answers to many of those, but I do know that there is a video tutorial on the second post of this thread. The second video there is for landing the KSO.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

remember how I said I couldn't play this in my 64bit install?

Well, now that I tried running it as administrator, it works like a freaking charm.

Good God, the mod is one of the very best there is out there.

The shuttle has the fuel for orbit but not much more- accurate to the real one!

It's stable as you'd want, and the cargo bay is long enough in the 1.8 meter version to just *barely* fit a lander and transfer stage to the Mun. It's awesome, to say the least.

So far, I've done STS-1 through 3, launching a test flight, a geostationary orbit ion satellite *copied from your tutorial video, it's actually a very capable design*

and the aforementioned Mun lander probe.

My only qualm is that the cockpit has a 5 meter per second crash tolerance. A water ditch is impossible, to say the least. I've added a set of chutes to my Block 10 design, but so far they haven't been used.

I'm going to download the 2.5 meter shuttle tomorrow, I have plans to do a Galileo-styled mission.

remember how I said I couldn't play this in my 64bit install?

Well, now that I tried running it as administrator, it works like a freaking charm.

Good God, the mod is one of the very best there is out there.

The shuttle has the fuel for orbit but not much more- accurate to the real one!

It's stable as you'd want, and the cargo bay is long enough in the 1.8 meter version to just *barely* fit a lander and transfer stage to the Mun. It's awesome, to say the least.

So far, I've done STS-1 through 3, launching a test flight, a geostationary orbit ion satellite *copied from your tutorial video, it's actually a very capable design*

and the aforementioned Mun lander probe.

My only qualm is that the cockpit has a 5 meter per second crash tolerance. A water ditch is impossible, to say the least. I've added a set of chutes to my Block 10 design, but so far they haven't been used.

I'm going to download the 2.5 meter shuttle tomorrow, I have plans to do a Galileo-styled mission.

If you must water ditch, deploy flaps, airbrake, hold 20 degree pitch up, lose all the speed you can before impact, then pitch up hard, I do this all the time, if done correctly, the cockpit will survive. It's all that does, but it will keep your kerbals alive.

Do a test; move ATM out of your GameData folder, and install Texture Replacement Mod (turn off or delete all the extra content it has, and just use its compression feature). See if it works better for you.

I do not run ATM anymore, just Texture Replacement, and have never had an issue since. (SLI Nvidia 680's, Intel i7, 32gb RAM, Windows 7 64) 32bit KSP.

I did this last night and so far I'm very pleased. I had been getting crashes (I'm running 64 bit) and with your test setup I haven't had even one.

4) Secondly the Gameplay (for anyone).Are there any good video tutorials on how to land the shuttles? (Yes I know there is a PDF but I prefer videos)

5) When you build a space station using (Phase II or KSOS KSO 1.8m Space Station Kit), which Station module do you start with?

Thanks

1) Because you can put stock ones in it. No reason to re-invent the wheel :D

2) September of 2013, took a 4 month break since ZRM dropped off the project. Nazari picked it up in January 2014. So realistically, 1 Month

3) I think I had pics of the Super 25 ideas as early as February 2014.

4) See page two beneath the OP. Although some of that may have changed do to changing weights and configs, but not by much.

5) Which ever. Most people start with the power module and a 6-way hub, so they have a solid foundation