[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Normally I dont double post. But here is KSO STS-9.

A few notes about STS-9. STS-9 is the 5th flight of the 'Hawkeye' and the 9th mission to construct Fullmetal. It is the first shuttle mission to be flown after all the orbiters were retrofitted with drag chutes, which allows them to land and not burn up their braking systems. 'Hawkeye' herself is the first orbiter to be outfitted with an ORMS for on orbit payload operations.

Wow, that's nice! How long did it take to make that video, and what tools did you use? My screenshots seem so primitive, heh. I like the quad boosters too, I may have to try that for my heavier payloads. The sky looks different too, is that a texture replacement?

Anyway, thanks for sharing the video.

Wow, that's nice! How long did it take to make that video, and what tools did you use? My screenshots seem so primitive, heh. I like the quad boosters too, I may have to try that for my heavier payloads. The sky looks different too, is that a texture replacement?

Anyway, thanks for sharing the video.

The recording (and the mission itself) was 1 hour and 33 minutes long, it is shown is 300% speed. The editing and rendering process took another hour or so. It was recorded with OBS and edited with Adobe Premiere CC 2014. The upload and processing took another 30 minutes or so.

The pretty space skybox is Raredens 2k skybox, put into the game with TextureReplacer.

The shuttle lift system is a mimic of the real life Energia booster system. I can put together a mod free (KSO-only) craft of it if you like.

Edited by Avalon304

The recording (and the mission itself) was 1 hour and 33 minutes long, it is shown is 300% speed. The editing and rendering process took another hour or so. It was recorded with OBS and edited with Adobe Premiere CC 2014. The upload and processing took another 30 minutes or so.

The pretty space skybox is Raredens 2k skybox, put into the game with TextureReplacer.

The shuttle lift system is a mimic of the real life Energia booster system. I can put together a mod free (KSO-only) craft of it if you like.

Sounds like it's involved. Are the tools expensive? Is the only difference in your craft file the two sets of boosters?

Sounds like it's involved. Are the tools expensive? Is the only difference in your craft file the two sets of boosters?

Yea, its involved, and Premiere is expensive, yes. OBS is free.

Yes, the only difference in my craft would be the 2 sets of boosters and the placement of the sepratrons.

This is a problem with the wheels and placing them in the SPH. You need to add each wheel (Don't use the mirror symmetry feature) and you need to rotate each wheel so that a little indicator (For the sedans it's a white tab on the inner side of the wheel extending from the hub, for the Lorries it's a simple red triangle) is pointed down.

I will try this right away thanks

Yea, its involved, and Premiere is expensive, yes. OBS is free.

Yes, the only difference in my craft would be the 2 sets of boosters and the placement of the sepratrons.

Hrm. Well, I guess I'll stick to taking screenshots. The editing software is beyond me currently. Ah well.. :)

Forgot to mention that if you do have a craft file with the super 25 and quad boosters to share, that would be great. :)

Edited by Angel-125

I don't think this is so much a bug as just I might be using it wrong.

I'm playing around with the rover on 0.25 (first time using the rover).

Forward is "S", Reverse is "W" Left and right are "A" & "D" respectively.

The rover goes forward and reverse just fine, but the left and right steering seems sluggish. It'll turn, but even holding down the buttons the turn radius is huge.

Is this just how it is or am I doing something wrong?

I was able to fix the "wheels sinking into the runway" issue, so I'm betting it's not that.

Thoughts?

I don't think this is so much a bug as just I might be using it wrong.

I'm playing around with the rover on 0.25 (first time using the rover).

Forward is "S", Reverse is "W" Left and right are "A" & "D" respectively.

The rover goes forward and reverse just fine, but the left and right steering seems sluggish. It'll turn, but even holding down the buttons the turn radius is huge.

Is this just how it is or am I doing something wrong?

I was able to fix the "wheels sinking into the runway" issue, so I'm betting it's not that.

Thoughts?

There is a firespitter bug that sometimes reverses the motors on some, half, or even all the wheels. It's most noticeable on the rover for some reason. It's already been reported to Snjo (the firespitter mod author) and he has it recorded on his github. Until it's resolved, you'll have to manually check the motors one by one (right click and reverse as necessary) whenever it occurs to correct them. Zoom in on them and note their direction. The state of whether the motor is reversed is not always accurate in the motor's context menu either. So you'll have to verify them by eye. Personally, it most often shows up whenever I attach the rover to a lander. Your mileage may vary, however.

After the latest update KSP update I did a complete un-install and re-install and was eager to try out the latest KSOS v.409, with all the new features, as I haven't played KSP since June and wanted to see what was new. I'm currently using version 0.25.642 (64 bit system), with the latest Active Texture Management as the only other installed mod.

Only the KSO 1.8 Standard and the Space Station kit seems to work for me with no problems so far, apart from the warning that Firespitter.dll is out of date. If I install the EWBCL, it crashes on the game loading screen. The Service vehicles installation either causes me to crash when I select one of the parts, or everything freezes when I try to launch. I can still move the cursor and the little Kerbal ground crew still wander around, but the UI screen buttons won't function.

Am I missing anything out, or am I just going to have to wait for the next KSOS (and Firespitter) update to get full functionality with KSP version 0.25.642 ?

Until further notice there will be no more updates except for the new plugin versions. Can we get a comprehensive mod list? It'd also be nice to know your OS, if you're running 32- or 64-bit, and if you can post the crash reports or KSP.log files that would be great.

I suspect it's the game running out of memory to use since 32-bit KSP can only use 4 GB of RAM (and if you only have 4GB of RAM for your whole system it has to use a lot less).

So.. KSOS is discontinued and Now being abandoned?

No. It will be kept updated with KSP versions, as the plugins used in the pack are updated. However, at the current time, there will be no new phases added to the pack, (though I imagine that there will also be updates (if feasible) to fix current known issues).

Edited by Avalon304